Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reeeeeally would have preferred Clowney. Oh well. DJ Reader should be next then. And hopefully Correa.
We have 14m left. Minus 5.5m for rookies and 3m for carrying into season leaves us with 5.5m to spend on all our remaining needs that we dont fill in the draft. Say goodbye to Reader and other big signings unless more cuts are coming, which I doubt. We've made all our big moves.

If it comes to it will we have the option to franchise him next year?

Possibly, though Jayon Brown seems the likeliest to get the tag among eligible FAs if we don't extend him before then. Honestly not a lot of eligible FAs for us that are key players besides Brown and Henry. Jonnu Smith is probably next in line behind those guys, but he isn't what I would categorize as a must keep.

We have 14m left. Minus 5.5m for rookies and 3m for carrying into season leaves us with 5.5m to spend on all our remaining needs that we dont fill in the draft. Say goodbye to Reader and other big signings unless more cuts are coming, which I doubt. We've made all our big moves.
I have us at about $12 million left.

I like getting the scoop from message boards of former teams. Falcons fans think Beasley was a great guy but underachieved after a huge '16 season. Most felt Vrabel's D will use him better.

Should have about 20ish million left according to John Glennon on twitter, which would be enough for 1 more big signing. But possibly more timportant than Reader, we have to sign a quality backup QB. Elsewise, we'll have to spend a 2nd or 3rd round pick on QB.

I'm fine with the 1 year prove it deal.....hopefully he proves it

I still would like to sign Correa...dude balled out at the end of the season

If we had both of them then it would certainly push Edge down the draft board.

85th highest-graded EDGE in 2019..............85th

Or you can look at it positively. He had 4 sacks in his last 4 games. New scenery, a prove it contract, a better team and the fact that he led the league in sacks when he was 24 are all glass half full ways to look at it. He's only 27 too. So he's entering his athletic prime. Can he stay healthy is the main concern, but that's a concern for any and every player in the NFL.

Or you can look at it positively. He had 4 sacks in his last 4 games. New scenery, a prove it contract, a better team and the fact that he led the league in sacks when he was 24 are all glass half full ways to look at it. He's only 27 too. So he's entering his athletic prime. Can he stay healthy is the main concern, but that's a concern for any and every player in the NFL.
It's a one year deal. If he sucks they can cut him mid season and find the next camp body to step up.

Wasn't he in a 4-3 in Atlanta?
He was in atlanta, great year in 2016 15.5 sacks when he had talent around him. This guy is a classic 3-4 outside LB he was the number 8 pick in 2016 draft and all time sack leader at clemson. And he has talent around him again. I love the signing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back