Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was good when they ran a 3-4 from what I have heard and is good in space. Once he was in a 4-3 he was very "meh".

I remember when they drafted him thinking how stupid it was. He should've never been in a 43 defense.

Walker hasn't even played yet stop yo jibberish. Dodd was DL. Carraway was like a 7th rounder. Beasley isn't a 4-3 end he's a 34 olb.

He played his whole career as a 43 dend. Stupid for the falcons to do that to him. I think he will flourish in our system. Atleast i hope he does.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not a fan of the Edge class in this draft...I’d rather fill it to some degree in FA so we don’t feel the pressure to reach for one in the 1st....I like the OT, WR and CB classes.

Yeah we're definitely not getting an edge rusher now unless someone like weaver or t Lewis fall past the 2nd round. I agree that the edge rushers this year are all trash apart for chase young.

Im guessing that CB and OT will be our 1st two picks unless a badass running back falls to us. Lucky for us, the talent at corner and OT are top shelf this year.

I watched some aj epeneza tape the other night and I really like the guy. Not necessarily our greatest need right now, but hes gonna be a beast. Wouldnt be mad at it at all.

Yeah we're definitely not getting an edge rusher now unless someone like weaver or t Lewis fall past the 2nd round. I agree that the edge rushers this year are all trash apart for chase young.

Im guessing that CB and OT will be our 1st two picks unless a badass running back falls to us. Lucky for us, the talent at corner and OT are top shelf this year.

I watched some aj epeneza tape the other night and I really like the guy. Not necessarily our greatest need right now, but hes gonna be a beast. Wouldnt be mad at it at all.
AJ didnt impress me any

What games did u watch

Doesnt look like a fit here

I wouldn't hate Weaver at 29, though I do think he's a bit of a reach there. I'd rather trade down and pick up an extra 3rd rounder this year and a 3rd or 4th next year.

Trevon Diggs, aj Terrell or cj henderson if we're lucky. Weaver a strong pass unless it's in the 3rd round.

AJ didnt impress me any

What games did u watch

Doesnt look like a fit here

Somebody in here put me on him when they told me he looked like jj watt. I thought it was bs but then i looked and he's the exact same size as watt and the tape shows him having some very watt-like capabilities.

He's a giant force with an extremely high motor. He would be best suited as a 5 tech in a 3-4 who can also rush the edge in passing situations kinda like Watt is used in Houston. Also, its noteworthy to add that epenesa has said he models his game after watt...he also had the same exact amount of TFLs(with 15 more sacks) as Watt did in their respective college careers.

He was being projected to go in the middle of the 1st(also like watt), but after his poor combine performance, he's been falling to the end of the 1st/beginning of the 2nd in alot more mocks.

Id probably rather have a corner like Henderson, Diggs or AJ Terrell in rd 1, but I wouldn't be mad if we went this direction. Casey is on his way out and daqoun gets paid way too much to be so mediocre. Im not saying the dude is the next jj watt or that it's the best thing for this team right now, but the thought is intriguing to say the least.

I don't love it, but don't hate it either. I'm excited to see if Roberson can develop, too. I think the culture and Vrabel will be good for Beasley. And he can definitely ball.

It does bum me a tad because I wanted Gross- Matos so badly.

Trevon Diggs, aj Terrell or cj henderson if we're lucky. Weaver a strong pass unless it's in the 3rd round.

Weaver was highest rated PFF college edge defender after Chase Young. Yes, the level of play wasn't the same, but his production was still very good even against the good teams they played. And it's hard to argue against the total production in his career (something J-Rob loves).

Leighton Vander Eishch was also a Boise State product with similar small school concerns and I was really high on him as well.

Yes but thats not an issue. Landry was a 4-3 DE too before he came here.

My issue is he seems like a guy waiting to get hurt. Kinda small for his role and has been injured in the past.

All in all its an ok deal. Just draft a OLB to groom for 2021
Beasley has actually been really durable. Only missed 2 games in his career so far.

I agree with whoever said it should have been at least a 2 year deal. That way he can't bolt after Vrabel and Co. play him at his natural position in a 3-4 instead of a 4-3 end. Probably going to have a Jason Babin situation with Beasley going into next year.

My only worry with Beasley is his game is really similar to Landry's. Both are speed guys off the edge with not many moves in their repertoire. I still think we need to address pass rush early in the draft and not keep putting a band-aid on the position like with Wake.

I agree with whoever said it should have been at least a 2 year deal. That way he can't bolt after Vrabel and Co. play him at his natural position in a 3-4 instead of a 4-3 end. Probably going to have a Jason Babin situation with Beasley going into next year.

My only worry with Beasley is his game is really similar to Landry's. Both are speed guys off the edge with not many moves in their repertoire. I still think we need to address pass rush early in the draft and not keep putting a band-aid on the position like with Wake.
Yeah, but speed kills.

I agree with whoever said it should have been at least a 2 year deal. That way he can't bolt after Vrabel and Co. play him at his natural position in a 3-4 instead of a 4-3 end. Probably going to have a Jason Babin situation with Beasley going

Beasley has actually been really durable. Only missed 2 games in his career so far.
Yea Im not thrilled by this addition but MAYBE Vrabel can make him something

Just rewatched his Super Bowl game, horrible. But hey if anyone can get him going its Vrabel.

Im trying to like this but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back