Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reynolds is not the same caliber as Davis at least not by stats this far...hopefully the new opportunity let's him contribute more than with LAR

4 seasons

Reynolds
Rec Yds Avg TD
113 1450 12.8 9

Davis
207 2851 13.8 11

I think the fact that they were both free agents and one signed for 3 years, $37.5m and the other signed for 1 year, 1.75m tells you something.

Ya'll dont think CD being our forced number 1 or at worst number 2 WR his whole career doesnt explain the differences there?

If Reynolds had been number 1/2 WR on his team his whole career would his stats be better? If he had the same amount of targets as CD would those numbers be really close?

Why is it Reynolds has the low stats he has but has almost as many TDs as CD?

so yeah, I am still going to say Reynolds replaces CD without any drop off.

Ya'll dont think CD being our forced number 1 or at worst number 2 WR his whole career doesnt explain the differences there?

If Reynolds had been number 1/2 WR on his team his whole career would his stats be better? If he had the same amount of targets as CD would those numbers be really close?

Why is it Reynolds has the low stats he has but has almost as many TDs as CD?

so yeah, I am still going to say Reynolds replaces CD without any drop off.

I would say it is definitely possible. There is a rational argument for it. We can’t know if it is true. Only time will tell.

Last year...

Corey Davis - 92 targets, 984 yards
Josh Reynolds - 81 targets, 618 yards.

I suppose it is possible that Reynolds could have had a 400 yard game, if he had played another game.

Last year...

Corey Davis - 92 targets, 984 yards
Josh Reynolds - 81 targets, 618 yards.

I suppose it is possible that Reynolds could have had a 400 yard game, if he had played another game.
Listening to some of you, you would think CD was a probowler or something.

No doubt he played his best ball last season.. Of course he ended it by falling off the map and going back to what he has been for the 3 seasons prior.

But, even you have to say (if you are telling the truth), 1.75mil for 618 yards with less targets beats the hell out of that ridiculous contract for CD to get a few hundred more yards and fall off the map when he was needed the most.

Listening to some of you, you would think CD was a probowler or something.

No doubt he played his best ball last season.. Of course he ended it by falling off the map and going back to what he has been for the 3 seasons prior.

But, even you have to say (if you are telling the truth), 1.75mil for 618 yards with less targets beats the hell out of that ridiculous contract for CD to get a few hundred more yards and fall off the map when he was needed the most.

And it was a contract year to boot.

Reynolds is not the same caliber as Davis at least not by stats this far...hopefully the new opportunity let's him contribute more than with LAR

4 seasons

Reynolds
Rec Yds Avg TD
113 1450 12.8 9

Davis
207 2851 13.8 11

Davis was a WR1 and WR2. Reynolds has been a WR3/4. Hard to compare stats with those different situations.

Reynolds was behind Woods and Kupp too so it’s not like he wasn’t starting because he wasn’t good.

Last edited by a moderator:
We won’t miss CD at all imo,.. good player that didn’t earn his new contract! We should be happy about that.

Nothing to be happy about losing a player who was picked 5th in the draft. He didn't live up to his expectations, so we should be more angered than happy about wasting this draft capital.

Really wish CD84 could've produced more, because he was such a likeable dude with tons of undisplayed talent.

Nothing to be happy about losing a player who was picked 5th in the draft. He didn't live up to his expectations, so we should be more angered than happy about wasting this draft capital.

Really wish CD84 could've produced more, because he was such a likeable dude with tons of undisplayed talent.
Unfortunately for CD his draft slot will always be the aggravating part, good teammate, good blocker and a decent #2...if him and AJ Browns draft slots were reversed, CD could probably still be a Titan?

Unfortunately for CD his draft slot will always be the aggravating part, good teammate, good blocker and a decent #2...if him and AJ Browns draft slots were reversed, CD could probably still be a Titan?
I doubt it, koz he'd probably still want $10m+, which we clearly didn't/don't have for him

Expect a massive decline in AJB and Henry's play this coming season if the roster remains this way. Nobody on our offense besides Brown and Henry demand any type of attention from the defense.
Reminds me of the Earl Campbell days when Bum Phillips told everyone we are running Earl every play.Try and stop him. We killed Earl, shortened his career, and then threw him away. No wonder Henry wants Julio. So much for using Henry as a decoy with AJ doubled every down.

Reminds me of the Earl Campbell days when Bum Phillips told everyone we are running Earl every play.Try and stop him. We killed Earl, shortened his career, and then threw him away. No wonder Henry wants Julio. So much for using Henry as a decoy with AJ doubled every down.
Well, they did get a first round pick for Earl.

Davis wasn't a total loss at all and is getting paid $12.5 mil. In fact two guys picked ahead of him (not counting QBs) have been worse players than him. WRs picked after him in the 1st round haven't been super stars either. Probably the best picks available in hindsight were DBs but we took Jackson later on. TJ Watt is the best non QB pick in the first round and he didn't go until 30. So I guess with perfect hindsight we could have picked Lattimore and Watt.

At the time we seriously needed a quality WR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back