Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the success Kelce and Kittle have had and the recent signings of Gronk, Jonnu and Hunter, teams value the TE...no way he falls to 22

Pitts and Goedert would be huge in Philly

After the success Kelce and Kittle have had and the recent signings of Gronk, Jonnu and Hunter, teams value the TE...no way he falls to 22

I know on many levels this is a silly comparison..

but, for many years one of my big tricks on Madden was drafting a bunch of TEs late in the draft and change their positions. Great, athletic TEs were a dime a dozen and you could get them super cheap. Now, because it in some ways reflects the NFL.. good TEs are tough to get in the drafts and usually if they are even somewhat OK they go early in the first.

Howard didn't fall that far. In 2019, neither Hockinson nor fant fell that far.

By all accounts, Pitts is a better prospect than any of those. No way he falls to 22.

Howard didn't fall that far. In 2019, neither Hockinson nor fant fell that far.

By all accounts, Pitts is a better prospect than any of those. No way he falls to 22.
I mean I don’t know enough about Pitts, but I feel like highly drafted TE and top paid FA rarely pan out. Kittle and Kelce weren't first rounders. You can get good talent and breakout players like Jonnu later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kittle was a 3rd rounder wasnt he?
I just edited my post. I meant *WEREN'T* first rounders. Yea, Jonnu was third. Late too. I think it was our second pic in that round.

Thinking of some of the top tight ends, both current and past, most of them aren't first round picks. Vernon Davis is one of the few that comes to mind that did well. Hockensen stepped up last year too. I can think of way more first round disappointments or busts.

FA signings recently have been pretty bad too.

This actually reminds me a bit is signing Delanie Walker. He was stuck behind a 1st round pick who was productive and really didn’t get his chance. Perhaps Reynolds will also blossom as Delanie did when given a chance. And yes, some posters, I know Walker was a TE and Reynolds is a WR, this is not an exact comparison, just similar circumstances.
I get what you're saying and agree. I get a Nate Washington situation vibe, even though I think he was older. Reynolds wasn't the splashy WR, but I think he could be solid and allows us to draft a WR and slowly get him up to speed without having to throw him to the wolves.

"Josh Reynolds signed a 1 year, $1,750,000 contract with the Tennessee Titans, including a $750,000 signing bonus, $1,750,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,750,000."

Anybody else see this? What a deal!

He’s going to be a SOLID and RELIABLE #2 WR.

Reynolds has GREAT hands, and is much better after the catch than C Davis. He
also blocks well- just a complete player.

He did not have the opp’s in LA that Davis had here, but when called on he
produced. With THill, he’ll be even better.

GREAT! MOVE!

I like the signing but some of you guys are underrating the hell out of C. Davis now simply because he doesn't play for us anymore. Davis was a good number 2. And advanced stats says Reynolds isn't better after the catch and Davis had a lower drop percentage. Davis was also top 20 in QB Passer Rating when Targeted. And most importantly, Davis was reliable on third down.

I like the signing but some of you guys are underrating the hell out of C. Davis now simply because he doesn't play for us anymore. Davis was a good number 2. And advanced stats says Reynolds isn't better after the catch and Davis had a lower drop percentage. Davis was also top 20 in QB Passer Rating when Targeted. And most importantly, Davis was reliable on third down.
I still maintain... if Davis is somehow your #3, you are in great shape. If Davis is your #2, then you are still a work in progress.

Maybe... but that doesn't make him worth $12 million dollars. Especially when you can get Reynolds for less than two. Not to mention the annoying quote: "the best ability is availability", which up to now, CD hasn't been able to deliver.

Davis was reliable in games he was “on”. Unfortunately he would COMPLETELY disappear for entire games when we needed him. Like zero receptions disappear.

Value wise Reynolds looks to be a good pickup. Can't really compare him directly to Davis and not take into consideration the CAP considerations. I see a capable WR who can be productive as a #2 with #2 talent we got for a pretty good contract. Davis has not lived up to expectations. A good player but not a guy you break the bank for.

Similar size and speed although Reynolds is a little slimmer (10 pounds). Both can give you about 5-6 catches a game as the #2. I think the kid will do well with Tannehill throwing him the ball.

Davis is not 5 times better than anyone in the league. The guy gets let go and suddenly he is Calvin Johnson good or something.

Some of you are downplaying C Davis like he’s a marginal rotation player. Tannenhill barely cracked top 20 in passing attempts and Davis still almost cracked 1000 yards while missing 2 games. No one is calling him a franchise player, and while he hasn’t played up to a 5th overall pick, he’s a solid number 2 and a great number 3 on a good team.

Some of you are downplaying C Davis like he’s a marginal rotation player. Tannenhill barely cracked top 20 in passing attempts and Davis still almost cracked 1000 yards while missing 2 games. No one is calling him a franchise player, and while he hasn’t played up to a 5th overall pick, he’s a solid number 2 and a great number 3 on a good team.

But the real question is Davis as a #2 or 3 receiver worth the 38 million dollar contract he just signed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back