Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right? I wanted Ross Blacklock or AJ Epenesa last year.

I would assume we are going to draft a CB or a TE in round 1 this year, but clearly JR does the opposite of what I want in the 1st round every year, so who knows anymore. We need a RT pretty bad too, I wouldn't put it past JR to go right back to it. He loves showing people his nutsack regardless if people wanna throw up when they see it or not.
I’m actually guessing OL first. I have no problem with it either. Look what happened to KC. On full display! We have 4 in top 100, so this signing may give some flexibility. Many think we going for another vet WR. I doubt it. May be wrong, but our position to have 4 picks for quality players bodes well for us.

I’m actually guessing OL first. I have no problem with it either. Look what happened to KC. On full display! We have 4 in top 100, so this signing may give some flexibility. Many think we going for another vet WR. I doubt it. May be wrong, but our position to have 4 picks for quality players bodes well for us.

You could be absolutely right. Cb is so deep this year that it's definitely possible (maybe even probable) that we wait until the 2nd or 3rd for one.

If we don't get a TE before the draft I think it'll be on top of our list though. There's only a few good ones this year in the draft. And we can't go into the season with only Firk and Swaim in my opinion. Dude from Penn State would be a great pick. I'm gonna do some more digging on the tight ends soon.

He will be as good as Davis. Those numbers as essentially the 4th option(kupp, woods, higbee)? He will be great for us opposite aj. Give me toney in the first if we can get him and either edge or corner in the 2nd and we will be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure why people keep saying we might go TE or T in the draft. RT and TE are actually positions that can be found in the middle rounds (JRob needs to learn on RT, Smith was a 3rd round pick). Now CB, Edge, interior DL make more sense if you can find a real stud. Maybe WR in the 1st or 2nd. Where we pick S might be an option if the right guys is there.

It is interesting how the expectation is we will fill positions with rookies when time and time again, unless you luck into a guy like AJ you aren't going to find many guys to step in and start at a high level. Reynolds, while only being on a one year deal will probably out play any WR we might pick this year even if we pick on in the 1st round considering where we pick.

The idea here is to simply get the best player we can. While we have a few holes we are better off going for guys that can play and not reach or take chances.

I defended JRob for some of his trade ups but maybe it is time to quit doing that as well. So what if we pick Darius Leonard if Evans isn't there? We are in a different situation now with Tannehill under contract so we need more bodies in the draft anyway. We need a few more guys like Hooker or David Long in the middle rounds (another Jayon Brown in the 5th is always nice) who can step up and potentially start before they become FAs. You can also get a guy like DaQuan Jones in the 4th round. Those aren't super stars but essential draft picks if the CAP comes into play.

Also, why are we giving up on Fulton so soon. Injury riddled rookie season but the kid has potential as a starter still. Again, rookies don't always show out right away.

You could be absolutely right. Cb is so deep this year that it's definitely possible (maybe even probable) that we wait until the 2nd or 3rd for one.

If we don't get a TE before the draft I think it'll be on top of our list though. There's only a few good ones this year in the draft. And we can't go into the season with only Firk and Swaim in my opinion. Dude from Penn State would be a great pick. I'm gonna do some more digging on the tight ends soon.
You're the first one I've seen mention this and I completely agree. We can't just roll with Firk, Swaim, and other UDFA's or late round picks.

I LOVE the kid from Penn State. They call him "baby Gronk." The thing is, 22 is too early to take him, and he won't be there at 53. So we will either need to move back in the 1st then take him, or move up in the 2nd.

Brevin Jordan from Miami might be more realistic. He will probably be there in the 3rd and he's basically a Jonnu clone.

He’s going to be a SOLID and RELIABLE #2 WR.

Reynolds has GREAT hands, and is much better after the catch than C Davis. He
also blocks well- just a complete player.

He did not have the opp’s in LA that Davis had here, but when called on he
produced. With THill, he’ll be even better.

GREAT! MOVE!

He’s going to be a SOLID and RELIABLE #2 WR.

Reynolds has GREAT hands, and is much better after the catch than C Davis. He
also blocks well- just a complete player.

He did not have the opp’s in LA that Davis had here, but when called on he
produced. With THill, he’ll be even better.

GREAT! MOVE!

Agree

I just do not see Pitts going in the top 10. If he falls to 22, that would be an interesting decision for the Titans.
As this time of year, take everything with a grain of salt but I've seen him consistently mocked to Eagles at 6...some are talking converting him to WR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back