Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Underwhelming but ok. It's something. Kind of reminds me of when we signed Justin Gage. If this turns out close to that, I'll take it.

My exact words: Underwhelming. To me it feels like Justin McCareins 2.0; He was the Rams #3/#4 target yet he is our default #2 mehhh. Obvousily drafting one is not out of the cards with this signing aside but still ...

Welcome aboard none-the-less just hope JRob isn't done finding another (more upper tier type) of a WR.

He doesn't have to be equal to Davis. He just needs to provide enough value to justify the difference in cost. If he simply repeats last season, this was a great move, imo.
Agree, like I said in another post, hopefully AJB is over his knee/ankle issues, he seemed to leave every game hobbled.
It certainly opens up options in the draft

My exact words: Underwhelming. To me it feels like Justin McCareins 2.0; He was the Rams #3/#4 target yet he is our default #2 mehhh. Obvousily drafting one is not out of the cards with this signing aside but still ...

Welcome aboard none-the-less just hope JRob isn't done finding another (more upper tier type) of a WR.
Well I surely hope this is better than Justin McCareins after we signed him back from the Jets. It is a better scenario since we do have AJB vs Brandon Jones. Plus we are definitely still drafting one.

Well I surely hope this is better than Justin McCareins after we signed him back from the Jets. It is a better scenario since we do have AJB vs Brandon Jones. Plus we are definitely still drafting one.

lol yeah I hear ya ...

Fingers crossed AJ doesn't get banged up like he was last year and has to miss some games.

As of now the targets for Tanny would then be : Reynolds, Firsker and... a bunch of special team caliber WR's. Still need to find that missing piece now in the draft @ WR.

lol yeah I hear ya ...

Fingers crossed AJ doesn't get banged up like he was last year and has to miss some games.

As of now the targets for Tanny would then be : Reynolds, Firsker and... a bunch of special team caliber WR's. Still need to find that missing piece now in the draft @ WR.

Keys words in your post.. “ as of now”. Season doesn’t start for 5 months and I’ve been saying for days to give JRob time to work. AJ misses an average of 1 game a year so far in a small sample. We can survive that.

JRob will get more weapons.

I like this signing, he has talent just stuck behind Woods and Kupp then they drafted Jefferson last year.

Downgrade from Davis? Maybe not if he's given more opportunity.
This actually reminds me a bit is signing Delanie Walker. He was stuck behind a 1st round pick who was productive and really didn’t get his chance. Perhaps Reynolds will also blossom as Delanie did when given a chance. And yes, some posters, I know Walker was a TE and Reynolds is a WR, this is not an exact comparison, just similar circumstances.

I think we'll sign someone else closer to the start of the season as well. Probably a vet that gets cut after June 1. Maybe someone like Edelman, Devante Parker, or Jamison Crowder.

This actually reminds me a bit is signing Delanie Walker. He was stuck behind a 1st round pick who was productive and really didn’t get his chance. Perhaps Reynolds will also blossom as Delanie did when given a chance. And yes, some posters, I know Walker was a TE and Reynolds is a WR, this is not an exact comparison, just similar circumstances.

great example

Out of the options remaining, I am content with Reynolds. We needed some experience at WR other than AJ before the draft.

Hopefully Reynolds makes the leap into a #2 WR this year with more opportunity - he had solid numbers last year in LA with a lot of mouths to feed. Fingers crossed this is one of the those non flashy signings that turns into a steal.

The guy has never missed a game in 4 years to injury. Durable and I agree talented and was just stuck behind woods, kupp, and couple of tight ends. He has played well when given the chance. And he will get that here for sure, a chance!

I think we'll sign someone else closer to the start of the season as well. Probably a vet that gets cut after June 1. Maybe someone like Edelman, Devante Parker, or Jamison Crowder.
Would love Crowder. He'd be great in the slot. Is Parker even available? I thought he signed a new contract recently.

Agree, sometimes opportunities aren't there but the talent is.
I've read various reports about Reynolds ready to break out, hope its with Tennessee.

Not sure he's a #2 but we'll see opens up the draft a bit...would like another CB added

I like it. He's a solid vet who can produce in the league.

We'll likely target WR and CB with our first two picks. This will give our rookie WR a chance to get in the game and play, but we won't be completely devoid of talent if it takes him a minute to learn the NFL.

Crowder would be a good addition...read rumors he would be released if they sign CD..so he could become available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back