Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree and that's kind of unfortunate. If there is a QB currently proving his value for the team (MVP), Wilson is among the best of them.
Mahomes will have another legit shot and as much as I hate to admit Brady will be in it too.

Big Ben has a stout D to help him out. May not be 10-0 w/o Ben, but still very good.

MVP definitely gets overlooked any more as actual most valuable player. That said, I'd say Henry is more valuable than THill in Tennessee.

I cannot see Brady in the mix. He has had a couple of absolute stink bombs in prime time. I would be stunned if he won it.

Some interesting nuggets I found from @thejoezilla:

Since @blaqbadger14 became a Titan, the defense has allowed 20 conversions on 55 3rd down attempts. A conversion ratio of 36%

Before King was brought in the Titans defense allowed 53 conversions on 82 attempts for a ratio of 65%

Breon Borders-
Before Borders and King
7 games - 7 sacks

Insert Border and King
4 games - 7 sacks

In that 4 game span, they played the #1 ranked offense (Total yards) twice in three weeks.

They faced the #2 passing offense twice in the Colts, who are also #1 in Total yards, and they faced the #1 rushing team in the NFL. The Ravens.

Ravens have averaged 160 yards a game. The Titans held them to 133 yards.

The Colts average 293 yards of passing a game.
In two meetings in three weeks the Titans allowed the Colts to 288 yards. A marginal improvement

In 7 games before Borders and King the Titans were giving up 397 yard of offense a game.

In four games since they got into the line up. They have allowed 327 yards a game .

Titans remaining opponents offensive rankings:

Cleveland #24
Jacksonville #27
Detroit #22
Green Bay #7
Houston #17

perJoezilla

Per @PFF, top 5 offensive grades for #Titans :
--N. Davis 86.7 (career high)
--C. Davis 82.0
--Saffold 81.7
--Henry 81.1
--Tannehill 78.2

Per @PFF, #Titans ' top 5 defensive grades:
--Long 90.3
--D. Jones 82.6
--Simmons 79.8
--Hooker 73.7
--Vaccaro 71.7

Tannehill:
No pressure: 11-for-18, 149 yds, 0 TD, 87.5 QB rating
Under pressure: 2-for-4, 72 yds, 1 TD, 135.4 QB rating

Per @PFF, 124 of Henry's 178 yds came after contact.
--Averaged 4.59 yards after contact per carry
--Avoided 9 tackles, a season high

Per @PFF, #Titans ' AJ Brown totaled 58 of his 98 yards after the catch.
--Averaged 14.5 yards after catch per reception.

Per @PFF,
--#Titans ' David Long allowed 1 reception on 4 targets for 1 yard.
--Kevin Byard allowed 6 receptions on 7 targets for 75 yds and 1 TD.:shakehead:

Breon Borders has now moved up from #11 to #8 overall on PFF CB grades.

Butler is the #25 CB
King is the #36 CB
Hooker is the #13 Safety
Simmons is the #6 DI
Long Jr. would be the #1 LB if he had more qualifying snaps!

Breon Borders has now moved up from #11 to #8 overall on PFF CB grades.

Butler is the #25 CB
King is the #36 CB
Hooker is the #13 Safety
Simmons is the #6 DI
Long Jr. would be the #1 LB if he had more qualifying snaps!
Borders has arguably been the biggest difference maker over the past few weeks. QB's have been targeting him like crazy, thinking he'll be a weak link, but he's always in great position and almost always making a play against the ball.

I don't know where this guy came from, but he's been a huge addition to the defense.

After Week 12:

Receiving yards:
A.J. Brown = 638
Corey Davis = 619

638 + 619 = 1257 combined passing yards

Derrick Henry rushing yards = 1257

Borders has arguably been the biggest difference maker over the past few weeks. QB's have been targeting him like crazy, thinking he'll be a weak link, but he's always in great position and almost always making a play against the ball.

I don't know where this guy came from, but he's been a huge addition to the defense.
Almost had two picks!
UDFA in 2017 out of Duke. On EIGHT practice squads in three years. What a story.

doesn't really seem like CD has been on the same level as AJ.. but alas
They're really not though.

Touchdowns:
AJB - 8
CD - 3

Don't want to completely detract from what Davis has done though. He's been a reliable receiver, and a solid threat that takes advantage of what's given to him. Brown is just a complete difference maker and we really don't get him the ball enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back