Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like a good use for transition tag but we’ll see, just hope Robinson and Vrabel have a plan and vision. More transparency woulda been nice for us fans!

Supposedly Teams aren't going to be using 2 tags because as soon as the cba gets accepted it retroactively removes one of the tags (the transition)
I understood this cba doesn't go into effect until 2021 since it wasn't approved by Feb 25. But I see that, if approved by March 18, it will be in effect for 2020.

"One potential notable change would be that teams would only be able to use only one tag (franchise or transition) when the tag window opens on Feb. 25. That change could affect the plans of teams like the Cowboys, Buccaneers and Titans, all of whom are thought to be considering placing both tags on impending free agents."

I understood this cba doesn't go into effect until 2021 since it wasn't approved by Feb 25. But I see that, if approved by March 18, it will be in effect for 2020.

"One potential notable change would be that teams would only be able to use only one tag (franchise or transition) when the tag window opens on Feb. 25. That change could affect the plans of teams like the Cowboys, Buccaneers and Titans, all of whom are thought to be considering placing both tags on impending free agents."
and the tag window closes on March 12... so teams have to put in the tags before they know if one will even be staying. not something they can really lean on.

About the CBA vote: I think it's about the NFL product being more attractive with a CBA in place to the networks and the players getting a bigger piece of the pie sooner ($5 billion).

I will say that if the Titans let Tannehill walk, it's either because JRob doesn't think he's the real deal or Brady is in the bag.

I love Henry but I don't tag him over Tannehill if they think he can continue playing at a high level.

About the CBA vote: I think it's about the NFL product being more attractive with a CBA in place to the networks and the players getting a bigger piece of the pie sooner ($5 billion).

I will say that if the Titans let Tannehill walk, it's either because JRob doesn't think he's the real deal or Brady is in the bag.

I love Henry but I don't tag him over Tannehill if they think he can continue playing at a high level.
Not saying one decision is better than the other but it's worth mentioning that Tannehill will probably make right around the tag value for a QB per year on his contract, and Henry could make up to 5m more than the tag for RBs.

I heard a lot of players complain about the proposed CBA, and why rush it when they have 18 months to reach a deal?
because all the minimum-salary guys get a 20% pay increase when it's signed. and minimum-salary guys make up over half the league. only takes 51% to pass. very likely it passes if brought to a real vote.

because all the minimum-salary guys get a 20% pay increase when it's signed. and minimum-salary guys make up over half the league. only takes 51% to pass. very likely it passes if brought to a real vote.
the money isnt paid out immediately, its over the course of a few years from what I last read

the money isnt paid out immediately, its over the course of a few years from what I last read
wrong, all minimum salary guys get an instant 20%

NFL owners, union set for critical CBA meeting

Some players on Friday's call said they weren't satisfied with the minimum salary increases in the proposed deal, which would raise minimums by about 20% this year. The lowest-earning players would get a raise from their scheduled $510,000 to $600,000.

just saying, i'd vote for something if it gave me an instant 20% raise, especially in a league where bottom of the roster guys hit the unemployment line constantly

is that the latest proposal?
there has been no real new proposal, theyve just been discussing the old one, no significant changes have been made.

if those bottom of the roster dudes wait 18 months to get their 20% they might not even be on a team anymore

Seems like a good use for transition tag but we’ll see, just hope Robinson and Vrabel have a plan and vision. More transparency woulda been nice for us fans!

Of course JRob and Vrabel have a plan! Lol and they can’t be transparent with fans on what those plans are because other teams will then know what we are doing.

Of course JRob and Vrabel have a plan! Lol and they can’t be transparent with fans on what those plans are because other teams will then know what we are doing.

if you’re keeping Tannehill what’s the issue with other teams knowing that you’re trying to keep him...?

We had....10? Games and went all the way to the AFC championship game with him.

I see this floated around a lot and don’t know where it comes from. RT is having a hard time bumping his stigma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back