Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
wrong, all minimum salary guys get an instant 20%

NFL owners, union set for critical CBA meeting

just saying, i'd vote for something if it gave me an instant 20% raise, especially in a league where bottom of the roster guys hit the unemployment line constantly

This is not the CBA thread

get on the Tanny train

tumblr_mg0j6tlTKL1r94e9jo1_400.gifv

if you’re keeping Tannehill what’s the issue with other teams knowing that you’re trying to keep him...?

Contract negotiations are a 2 way street. Titans can’t control what Tannehill feels he is worthy of. I’m sure want to bring him back but if he’s asking for too much or too long of a deal gotta explore other options.

This is why you don't believe everything that you hear. Especially during this time of the yea

The "source" of this "rumor"?

Paul Kuharsky.

"I know ESPN fantasy guru Matthew Berry a bit. I tried to get him to visit with the Midday 180 which we were in Indianapolis for the scouting combine. We couldn’t work out the timing.

Berry works the combine to gather as much info that will inform fantasy players, as that’s the lane where he’s the preeminent guy in the country.

Tuesday, after he gathered up his notes and thoughts, he wrote: “20(ish) things I learned at the 2020 NFL combine.”

And it included this:

“A Titans insider told me he expects the team to franchise Derrick Henry (if they can't come to a long-term deal) and let Ryan Tannehill test the market.”

I crossed paths with Berry a couple of times, and the longest we chatted was for five minutes at the popular restaurant Harry and Izzy’s where he asked me for my thinking on what the Titans would do regarding Derrick Henry and Ryan Tannehill.

Honestly, I am not certain I’m not the Titans insider he references. I certainly said that about Henry. I would have said they could wind up letting Tannehill riskily test the market if they are engaged with Brady and/or can’t get a long-term deal done.

My intention here isn’t to knock Berry. It’s to inform you, because I’ve seen several of you say based on what he wrote, “Well, they’re letting Tannehill get to market.

Really? Let's think this through.

Why this far removed from the start of free agency would the Titans have a) have decided such a thing; b) told someone and; c) had that someone be Berry?

Frankly, it doesn’t make much sense and you’ve simply got to guard against putting too much stock into such things.

I doubt much is written in stone with time remaining to negotiate with Henry and Tannehill still remaining and with there still being uncertainty regarding the CBA – will the Titans be operating under new rules with one tag available or old rules with two?

Information flow regarding the Titans, I feel confident, is coming from the agent side of things, not from the team side. Who on the team side knows what the plan is at this point? It’s reasonable to think it’s all of two people, Jon Robinson and Mike Vrabel."

thats a solid point

I think the vets are leading the way on this tho, theyre gonna be in these kids ears not to sign it imo

Right now it is expected to pass. The good start players/vets hate it but the vast majority of the league want what it gives them.

Why are people posting articles about Tanny wanting to resign hopes things work out etc etc. What's he suppose to say? He wants to get paid. It's about being consistent, can Tanny reproduce what he did last year? If Henry goes down or starts slow can Tanny carry the team. These are the things jrob is thinking about.

Why are people posting articles about Tanny wanting to resign hopes things work out etc etc. What's he suppose to say? He wants to get paid. It's about being consistent, can Tanny reproduce what he did last year? If Henry goes down or starts slow can Tanny carry the team. These are the things jrob is thinking about.
Considering we were on our way to a top 5 pick in the draft and ended up in the AFC championship game after he took over, I'd say that he can carry a team pretty well

Considering we were on our way to a top 5 pick in the draft and ended up in the AFC championship game after he took over, I'd say that he can carry a team pretty well
People seem to forget we needed help to get into the playoffs and Henry decided to turn it up to 11 once in the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back