Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Desmond King was a first team all pro DB in 2018 and 2nd team all pro punt returner.

Great pick up. With Adoree coming back King can fill the Logan Ryan role. He is a good tackler and blitzer as well as a great slot cornerback.

I wouldn't be surprised. I don't get this move from LA. There must be something else we don't know.

Chargers are tight on cap space, and mostly likely weren't going to re sign him. Get something for him now instead of letting him walk. I also know he was hurt this year I think.

Chargers are tight on cap space, and mostly likely weren't going to re sign him. Get something for him now instead of letting him walk. I also know he was hurt this year I think.
You still play him and then let him walk. A compensatory draft pick could probably be better than the 6th we gave up and you still get the most out of him while paying him peanuts.

I won't be surprised if something else is up. I'm happy though. For a 6th? Wow.. Can't beat that.

King’s cap hit will be about $1.1M for the #Titans for the rest of 2020. He’s a free agent at the end of the year.

Per MHerdon

They probably would've gotten a higher compensatory pick if they let him walk, no?

You still play him and then let him walk. A compensatory draft pick could probably be better than the 6th we gave up and you still get the most out of him while paying him peanuts.

I won't be surprised if something else is up. I'm happy though. For a 6th? Wow.. Can't beat that.

Yeah but the Chargers save $1 million on their payroll. In a pandemic season when revenues are down and payroll is going to go down next season, every little bit helps.

If they pick him up and get back to test before midnight, they can use him on Sunday if he passes. Otherwise, the COVID intake process means he won't be cleared until Monday.

I don't know.. $1m ain't much in the grand scheme of things. I just hope there isn't off field issues. Him tweeting about playing time is already a red flag, but he's kind of justified. If that is all there is, then this was a no-brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back