Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never even heard of 3 of the last 4 Gorza award winners. So I wouldn't breathe too much into it. While I would have liked him, it's unlikely Blankenship will be better than you average NFL kicker.
But seeing Vinateri retire and then having the Colts snatch the top kicking prospect is rough. Especially with what we went through last year.

No more signing former Pats. They didn't just let a good kicker go.
It's not about signing a former Pat, it's about signing an experienced kicker.

Players get released for reasons other than performance. Injury, $, team going in different directions.

Joseph isn't the answer.

It's not about signing a former Pat, it's about signing an experienced kicker.

Players get released for reasons other than performance. Injury, $, team going in different directions.

Joseph isn't the answer.
Experience yes, but how much leg? Gostkowski is pretty old now and coming off injury.

In my opinion without offseason workouts it’s gonna be tough for rookie WRs to really contribute like they could in previous years.....also with all these rookies being drafted some vets are gonna get cut.....like the Eagles drafted 3 WR and traded for 1 so look at their roster for cuts
The raiders too

We need to just get through this year and then next season draft the Memphis kicker in the late rounds. Going to be the next Gostkowski, Jake Elliot type of Memphis kicker.

You know what? Put me on that gotkowski band wagon. What’s wrong with having a decent kicker? If he is unhealthy you move on, but if he is healthy, he would bring a confidence to the kicking game we lack right now.

Yeah. I wish we'd just drafter Blankenship. It's not likely any of the picks we made on day 3 are ever gonna do jack crap anyway.
It’s not likely this Blankenship is ever gonna do jack crap anyway. Same thing. How may kickers were actually drafted above him? All 32 teams passed on him in the 7th too.

Sure, could of been a nice add if we wanted him, but clearly we didn’t. At least not enough to draft him

It’s not likely this Blankenship is ever gonna do jack crap anyway. Same thing. How may kickers were actually drafted above him? All 32 teams passed on him in the 7th too.

Sure, could of been a nice add if we wanted him, but clearly we didn’t. At least not enough to draft him

2 I think

I re-watched the UGA/LSU game today to really watch Wilson and Fulton, but Blankenship stuck out for his 2 missed FGs and kickoff out of bounds

We haven't hit rock bottom on kicker yet. But we are trying our darndest.
It is not that bad. For the most part we never got a chance 2 see our guy kick.

Looked up his stats and he was perfect for us. On xps and his one fg all be it a 30yarder. But he was 85% on fgs before us. And he averaged 62yards on kickoffs which sounds like they wanted him to kick it to the goal line.

Not saying he is a good or great kicker and we should bring in some competition but no reason to hate a guy for being perfect when called on.

61 of 85 FGS made by McCann..... thats not good.
Not that I think McCann is the answer, but those numbers start when he was an inexperienced kid too. I think last year is a better gauge of what he can (or can’t) do. I think the leg talent is there, but is the mental piece and how coachable is he? I think he is a long shot to beat Joseph, and I wouldn’t be surprised if our kicker for 2020 isn’t behind door number 3.

We’ll be fine picking up a hungry K that needs work and has been working on his game for a few years. I just have seen many (any?) 21ish year old kickers that are mature enough to handle what the NFL job entails. Give me an undrafted guy that’s been working to make a team for a few years every time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back