Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want an OL guy... interior OL... & lets bring back Robiskie to call plays... good times!

At 53 I wouldn't have a problem taking Trey Smith to be Saffold's replacement next season, he looks like a younger version of him to me. He could probably fill in at RT for a season if injuries make it necessary.

Yea we should use high picks at RT, OG and TE, maybe our comp pick on a FB or kicker (Fisherball).

How about we use our 2nd round pick on higher value positions like CB, WR or edge. Maybe RT if a 1st round value is there. Not way on OG. Heck, the greatest OG and potential HOF player we drafted in the early first round ended up being at best a backup in the NFL. If you draft a RT he could move to OG if he doesn't cut it.

1) Zaven Collins
2) Kardrius Toney
3) Anyone who doesn't play OL

I love the 3rd choice.....but I'm mentally preparing to hear Teven Jenkins name called and I've purchased a straight jacket to help prevent me from throwing anything at the TV and a camelback to fill with beer so I can still drink while in the straight jacket

I love the 3rd choice.....but I'm mentally preparing to hear Teven Jenkins name called and I've purchased a straight jacket to help prevent me from throwing anything at the TV and a camelback to fill with beer so I can still drink while in the straight jacket
I think J-Rob keeps pictures of O-linemen under his mattress.

1. Parsons- of he slips he is a game changer
2. Horn
3. Farley
4. Anybody but offensive lineman or trade back and get more picks

Barmore seems like the classic bust (hot cold production, limited history, bad body fat, hot cold effort), but he is clearly a cut above the other IDL guys, so I wouldn't be mad about that pick.

It is wild because I've listened to pods that have him around the 10th pick and I've listed to pods that put him around 50th on their board.
He has bust written all over him.

Thought you wanted Edge over CB in 1?
I did, but the CB position really wasn’t addressed in FA like I expected. I’ve run a hundred sims and there is never a decent CB available in the 2nd and there are almost always some legit edge rushers that make it at least within striking distance of 53. Gotta go CB in the first to get one of the top 4 if possible.

That being said, if we go another way in round 1, I could totally see us making a trade for Gilmore or JC Jackson or signing Hayward or Poole next week.

Best CB available Round 1
Best Edge available Round 2
Best WR and OT available Round 3

we invested heavily in the defense in FA....the offense is what makes this team go...we have to continue to support Tanny/Henry while they are in their prime....our WR depth is worse than CB/Edge...hit it in 1 or 2 and then again on day 3.

I did, but the CB position really wasn’t addressed in FA like I expected. I’ve run a hundred sims and there is never a decent CB available in the 2nd and there are almost always some legit edge rushers that make it at least within striking distance of 53. Gotta go CB in the first to get one of the top 4 if possible.

That being said, if we go another way in round 1, I could totally see us making a trade for Gilmore or JC Jackson or signing Hayward or Poole next week.
I like Tyson Campbell...he may be there in the 2nd?

we invested heavily in the defense in FA....the offense is what makes this team go...we have to continue to support Tanny/Henry while they are in their prime....our WR depth is worse than CB/Edge...hit it in 1 or 2 and then again on day 3.
We had one of the best offenses in the league last year, and the leading rusher. Yet we still managed to give up more points than the opposition. Plus, we cut over half our backfield. We need a starting CB.

To all the people saying Farley, and I get it, I'm leaning that way too. Does it not concern you the number of injuries he's had? I seem to recall Simmons had 1 injury, but Farley has had several. He could be over it, or he could have nagging back issues for the rest of his life. We need CB help, but if JR totally blows back to back 1st's, this roster will be in a really bad spot.

We had one of the best offenses in the league last year, and the leading rusher. Yet we still managed to give up more points than the opposition. Plus, we cut over half our backfield. We need a starting CB.

To all the people saying Farley, and I get it, I'm leaning that way too. Does it not concern you the number of injuries he's had? I seem to recall Simmons had 1 injury, but Farley has had several. He could be over it, or he could have nagging back issues for the rest of his life. We need CB help, but if JR totally blows back to back 1st's, this roster will be in a really bad spot.
It would be hard to pass on him if he's there, because he's so talented. But, the guy just seems to get hurt a lot and has only played CB for 2 years. Turns out today he has COVID. Maybe he just has bad luck? Newsome is the same way, tons of nagging injuries.

Unless Surtain falls, which he won't, I almost lean to targeting a guy like Samuel Jr. in the 2nd and going WR or pass rush in the 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back