Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm struggling for new shows to watch. I have up cable and have strictly been binge watching TV shows by the season. I think I've ran out of content.

I just finished up Treme and Boardwalk Empire.

I've sampled the following to varying degrees and my initial impression is that they're probably not worth the investment in time... Vikings, Spartacus: Blood and Sand. They both seemed more style than substance (with some pretty wooden acting thrown in for good measure).

Any recommendations? (I've seen all of the obvious candidates... Breaking Bad, Deadwood, Sherlock, Mad Men, GoT, etc)

I'm struggling for new shows to watch. I have up cable and have strictly been binge watching TV shows by the season. I think I've ran out of content.

I've sampled the following to varying degrees and my initial impression is that they're probably not worth the investment in time... Vikings, Spartacus: Blood and Sand. They both seemed more style than substance (with some pretty wooden acting thrown in for good measure).

Any recommendations? (I've seen all of the obvious candidates... Breaking Bad, Deadwood, Sherlock, Mad Men, GoT, etc)

have you tried American Horror Story or some of the Netflix originals?

have you tried American Horror Story or some of the Netflix originals?
I really enjoyed Orange is the New Black. I'm not usually a horror fan, but I did watch the first season of American Horror Story and found it to be pretty entertaining. Loved that maid (younger version was spectacularly hot and older version was played by one of my favourite actresses).

I do have House of Cards season one on a thumb drive somewhere.

True Detective.

Spartacus: Blood and Sand is great. Give it a few episodes for them to find their groove. Spartacus: Gods of the Arena was also very good, although it's a prequel to BaS because the lead actor got cancer. After those two seasons though...it was very average.

Have you watched The Americans?

I'm 6 episodes in on season 1 of Game Of Thrones. Does it pick up at all?? I have yet to see what all the hype is about

IMO no it doesn't. You're probably like me and don't like the genre.

I even gave it longer and went into the 2nd season. Just can't get into it.

Still do not understand the hype. Breaking Bad is just so much better to me that I cannot comprehend when people rave about GoT and overlook or trash BB.

IMO no it doesn't. You're probably like me and don't like the genre.

I even gave it longer and went into the 2nd season. Just can't get into it.

Still do not understand the hype. Breaking Bad is just so much better to me that I cannot comprehend when people rave about GoT and overlook or trash BB.

Breaking Bad is the shit. I will finish the season of GoT but if it doesn't get any better I won't go into the next season.

Same with Dexter, the first 3 seasons were addicting. After that it just got to repetitive

Yep. Although I would say the first four seasons of Dexter were great. The fourth was my favorite actually. It sucked pretty hard after that. But I had to finish it and wow was the finale awful.

One of these days I will watch the last season of Dexter lol

But ya my bad season 4 was actually pretty good with the Trinity Killer.

Are the people who post "OMG GoT epic!" on facebook the people who have never read the books and therefore didnt know it would happen?

ie. does the show follow the books?

Watched the first season of GoT, thought it was alright. Started the 2nd and lost all momentum to finish it like 3 episodes in, I don't get the hype either.

No dont waste your time on that Arrow garbage, unless youre a virgin of course, then have at it.

tumblr_mno8f0Xb5L1rkyum0o1_500.gif

I think I'll check out "The Americans" and perhaps give Spartacus: Blood and Sand a second look. Not sure what Arrow is. I'll hit imdb and check it. What's the deal on Orphan Black... I've noticed some hype. I try not to pay attention to specific reviews or plot outlines. Love going into a show/movie knowing as little as possible.

I have watched True Detective... and season one of American Horry Story. I found the first four seasons of Justified to be pretty entertaining.

Any fans of "The Shield"? It's a little dated, but still better than almost everything on offer currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back