Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We spend 21 million on Clowney and Beasley...yes hindsight but I'd rather have paid Conklin
That's a little short-sighted.

$21m....in 2020. And that's it. Both were one-year deals. Re-signing Conklin would have been a long-term deal, which he frankly wasn't worth. Kelly is playing fine at half the price.

I would have been fine with picking up Conklin's fifth-year option before the 2019 season and keeping him this one last year and was actually a little surprised they didn't. A long-term deal though? No thanks.

Of course its hindsight...it was a simple statement that we should have kept Conklin, it wasn't critizing the FO...**** happens, but as fans that's all we have for discussion sometimes is hindsight.

To say Conklin could have got hurt or the pick we took instead of Wilson could not have worked ...that's as irrelevant as hindsight

Of course it is just as irrelevant...that was the entire point. To say we should can never be validated because we only know what did happen, not what would have. So maybe you are right—that again my entire point.

Gotta remember though when conklin came back from his injury he never seemed to be that pro bowl tackle we had before. He seemed somewhat slower and less committed to going in for blocks.

Granted, knowing what we know about beasley and clowney we should've kept him and kept Kelly for rotational or injuries and not draft Wilson but who knew conklin would improve a lot from last year, clowney would get put on IR and beasley would be a lazy ****
This is an important point to note. Conklin definitely took a step back after the ACL. Not sure how he's been in Cleveland, I haven't watched them much this season. Either way not mad at letting him go

This is an important point to note. Conklin definitely took a step back after the ACL. Not sure how he's been in Cleveland, I haven't watched them much this season. Either way not mad at letting him go
He did his first year back, his final year with us (year 2 from injury) he was clearly better than Kelly.

Titans qbs were sacked 56 times last season. However they did rush for over 2200 yards as a team and Henry was the rushing leader in the league. This season Titans qbs have been sacked 16 times through 11 games and Henry leads the league in rushing yards again. It seems to me the Oline is doing better than last year. I don’t get why there’s so much criticism of the FO’s roster moves. Conklin would not improve the Oline this season. The Titans are also 1st in the AFC South and on pace to push past the 9 win barrier that’s haunted them for the last few years.

Ques definitely held his own today. Was very pleased. Didnt pay enough attention to see if they were giving TE help to his side. Did notice that most of Henry's runs were to the right though.

Ques definitely held his own today. Was very pleased. Didnt pay enough attention to see if they were giving TE help to his side. Did notice that most of Henry's runs were to the right though.
Well colts were missing two of tgeir best up front. The next game should give us a better idea

Well colts were missing two of tgeir best up front. The next game should give us a better idea

exactly and so were the Ravens....I love what I've seen from the OL, but things would certainly have been tougher if the opponents weren't missing key pieces to their DL

Henry ran well against them last game as well. Probably puts up huge yardage if they don’t get behind, The Titans were winning at the half and pretty much controlling the game, if you don’t have the miscues on special teams they probably win that game too. The Colts are paper tigers. Their defense isn’t as good as advertised. Good teams score open them. If you make mistakes like the Titans did in game 1 the Jets can beat them... ok.. maybe not the Jets, but you get my point. Keep in mind we are missing Lewan, so while I get Buckner is a huge miss for them, we have been missing key people most of the year. You have to be able to win through injuries,

All teams are dealing with something, Titans have been hit hard on both sides.
Next man up has never rang more true than this year.

Henry ran well against them last game as well. Probably puts up huge yardage if they don’t get behind, The Titans were winning at the half and pretty much controlling the game, if you don’t have the miscues on special teams they probably win that game too. The Colts are paper tigers. Their defense isn’t as good as advertised. Good teams score open them. If you make mistakes like the Titans did in game 1 the Jets can beat them... ok.. maybe not the Jets, but you get my point. Keep in mind we are missing Lewan, so while I get Buckner is a huge miss for them, we have been missing key people most of the year. You have to be able to win through injuries,
Buckner and autty were huge misses. I wonder if some unexpected team gets to superbowl due to covid causing teams to miss key players. Imagine kelce, Mahomes and hill out

Buckner and autty were huge misses. I wonder if some unexpected team gets to superbowl due to covid causing teams to miss key players. Imagine kelce, Mahomes and hill out
Chalk up another Titans win with the early season outbreak haha. We got a lot of crap for it, but these other teams are going through it at a much worse part of the season. It would be devastating to lose key players to covid in a playoff game.

Chalk up another Titans win with the early season outbreak haha. We got a lot of crap for it, but these other teams are going through it at a much worse part of the season. It would be devastating to lose key players to covid in a playoff game.
I hear you, but there's no guarantees we wont have another outbreak, or have players ruled out through close contact like other teams are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back