Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Apparently Urban had little credibility before, and it is worse now. Part of it likely came from him making college type move in the pros. Like having a QB competition in camp. NFL coaches don't really do that unless there is a legit question over who the starter will be.

High first round QBs don't sit unless there is an established vet ahead of them - I.E. Jimmy G. Having a QB competition with Gardner Minshew just takes first team snaps away from the guy everyone knows will be the starter anyway.

Now this

View attachment 18747

Suspect the players could give a rat's azz about what happened. They are probably cheering him for it. This is more a public relations and family nightmare for him. And it will be a nightmare at home. Once you lose your wife and children, it takes a bit of time to unwind from that.

Suspect the players could give a rat's azz about what happened. They are probably cheering him for it. This is more a public relations and family nightmare for him. And it will be a nightmare at home. Once you lose your wife and children, it takes a bit of time to unwind from that.
I agree about the wife and kids thing but he's lost the dressing room...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.news4jax.com/news/local/2021/10/05/what-do-jaguars-players-front-office-think-of-urban-meyer-video-reports-may-give-insight/?outputType=amp

“He has zero credibility in that stadium. He had very little to begin with,” one unnamed Jaguars player said, according to Silver.

“Right when he left everyone started dying laughing. And he knew it,” the player said, according to Silver

He didn't fly back with the team after the game, supposedly so he could visit family. Instead he was grinding on hoes at the bar. Then he lied to the players about it.

If I were them, I'd be pised too.... or think he's a joke

He also canceled team meetings on Monday to deal with the drama

It doesn't show commitment to the team.

AlarmingOrnateCottonmouth-size_restricted.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Meyers just trying to get fired so he can go to USC the only school dumb enough to hire him!

They'd be extremely dumb to hire a guy who compiled an 83-9 record at Ohio St with a national championship. Alabama was so dumb to hire Nick Saban after things didn't work out at Miami.

They'd be extremely dumb to hire a guy who compiled an 83-9 record at Ohio St with a national championship. Alabama was so dumb to hire Nick Saban after things didn't work out at Miami.
I wouldn’t compare him to Saban though, but I definitely think he’s going there, USC may be to far gone for him to turn around in a year or two so if he does go there I can’t see him sticking around long if he doesn’t develop a sudden illness and retire before Jacksonville fires him then he will probably use that to get out of USC down the road.

I wouldn’t compare him to Saban though, but I definitely think he’s going there, USC may be to far gone for him to turn around in a year or two so if he does go there I can’t see him sticking around long if he doesn’t develop a sudden illness and retire before Jacksonville fires him then he will probably use that to get out of USC down the road.

I would compare him to Saban. Urban is the clear #2 behind Saban in the BCS/playoff eras. 3 championships, countless top 5 finishes and he's won big at two P5 schools.Saban was highly successful at LSU and Alabama. Urban was highly successful at UF and Ohio St. Both were in over their heads in the NFL. USC has struggled for some time, but they haven't had a capable coach since Pete Carrol. Would I expect Urban to transform USC into a playoff contender year 1? Probably not, but it wouldn't take long especially with the advent of the transfer portal and kids would be eager to play for him his college resume speaks for itself.

Worst thing that could happen to the Titans - is Meyer gets fired right before kickoff and the team is galvanized and rallies around whoever the interm is - and then take us out. That would be such a Titan plot if I ever seen one.

The heck? I must have missed this story ---- what's the context of it?!

Jack DelRio was the HC in Jax. They sucked, and as a way to motivate them to keep working at it he came up with a slogan/metaphor of "keep chopping wood" (or something like that).

To reinforce this slogan/metaphor Del Rio put a big log and an ax in the locker room and encouraged played to hack away at the log with the ax.

The punter ended up badly injuring his leg or foot while chopping wood. The ax was removed after that.

After a win once Fishface made a comment about the Titans continuing to chop wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back