Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overly simplistic.

Parenting matters.

Nobody said it doesn’t. And there are definitely some parents are better than others and give their child a leg up. But at some point, and in my book its adulthood, a person must hold himself accountable for his actions.

My problem with the current PCness, is that accountability has been given a backseat. It is currently fashionable to be a victim. And yes- children learn work ethic etc from their parents. But you can’t hold your parents responsible for your work ethic. It’s up to an individual to decide whether they want to work as hard (or harder) than their peers.

Nobody said it doesn’t. And there are definitely some parents are better than others and give their child a leg up. But at some point, and in my book its adulthood, a person must hold himself accountable for his actions.

My problem with the current PCness, is that accountability has been given a backseat. It is currently fashionable to be a victim. And yes- children learn work ethic etc from their parents. But you can’t hold your parents responsible for your work ethic. It’s up to an individual to decide whether they want to work as hard (or harder) than their peers.
True

But you can’t coddle someone for 18 years and then expect them to know what hard work and responsibility is just cuz they are older

True

But you can’t coddle someone for 18 years and then expect them to know what hard work and responsibility is just cuz they are older

Bingo

We only had parents up until about age 11 or 12. Then we had one or two old people we lived with and were around sometimes. Every now and then they would bitch at us about something.

True

Uh- yes you can.

I think we agree that parents do enable lazy kids with vicarious living and failure to use tough love. But their comes a point when a person is ACCOUNTABLE for their own actions and can’t BLAME mom or dad. The problem with the millennials is that they’ve encountered immediate gratification in nearly every facet of their personal lives. It has become an accepted norm to believe every individual deserves what others have regardless of the work that was required by others to achieve their success.

Uh- yes you can.

I think we agree that parents do enable lazy kids with vicarious living and failure to use tough love. But their comes a point when a person is ACCOUNTABLE for their own actions and can’t BLAME mom or dad. The problem with the millennials is that they’ve encountered immediate gratification in nearly every facet of their personal lives. It has become an accepted norm to believe every individual deserves what others have regardless of the work that was required by others to achieve their success.
You do a really good job of speaking on others' behalves.

Jus saying these peoples generation brought there kids up invented the participants trophy always told their kids they can d anything and be anything and they are special and ‘‘tis is what they get for it
Kids know what the score is...well, except for maybe PABLO, maths is hard for him.

Shhhh

No one can hear you anymore

You've played that card 20,000 times you corny little twat
Literally ZERO people believe you. NOT ONE PERSON...even your wife rolls her eyes as you start your rant when you are drunk. LMAO
200w.webp

@JCBRAVE you say, all the time that there wasn't a video. Just curious, what's stopping YOU from duplicating it now. Seems easy enough to do if YOU ARE REAL. Personally I would be impressed if you could do 1/2 that amount...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back