Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fear is that this injury allows the Colts to suck so bad this yr that they get the 1st pick in the draft and get their next generational qb

My fear is that this injury allows the Colts to suck so bad this yr that they get the 1st pick in the draft and get their next generational qb
That’s a rational fear after they got to go right from Peyton to Luck. The Colts need to know what QB purgatory feels like for at least the next decade. And the rest of their roster is good enough to keep them there.
They have the money to make a move for someone, so I won’t be surprised to see that happen. Hopefully it is Foles or someone like that and not Watson.

That’s a rational fear after they got to go right from Peyton to Luck. The Colts need to know what QB purgatory feels like for at least the next decade. And the rest of their roster is good enough to keep them there.
They have the money to make a move for someone, so I won’t be surprised to see that happen. Hopefully it is Foles or someone like that and not Watson.

Couldn't agree more , they haven't had to go through QB purgatory like the rest of the league has , to the point that their fan base behaves extremely entitled. I said that they'll just trade for Watson because they always seem to fall a s s backwards on starter quality QB's or better.

Couldn't agree more , they haven't had to go through QB purgatory like the rest of the league has , to the point that their fan base behaves extremely entitled. I said that they'll just trade for Watson because they always seem to fall a s s backwards on starter quality QB's or better.
Hate to do it, but the colts did have QB purgatory.
1981 was Bert Jones last season, their QB through most of the 70’s.
82 they go 0-8-1 with Mike Pagel.
83, #1 pick, they get their man and John Elway leaves for more Mike Pagel
84 Pagel splits time with Art Schlicter
85 more Pagel
86 Jack Trudeau steps in, splits time with legend Gary Hogeboom
87 same but win Div and make it to Tecmo Bowl
88 our Chris Chandler
89 chandler/Trudeau leading to another #1 overall
90 Jeff George “era” starts
91 George
92 #1 and #2 overall pick, George/ Trudeau, 9-7
93 George/Trudeau
94 jimmy Harbaugh and The majik man Don Majkowski
95 the infamous Mel Kiper year, harbaugh goes to the AFCCG
96 harbaugh
97 harbaugh/Paul Justin
98’ F the Colts

Throughout that run, they averaged about 6-7 wins, 3 playoff appearances, 11 top 5 picks (twice got 2 in one year (82/92).

I hate the colts as much as the next, but they’ve done some time as well in the QB purgatory. Hopefully those days return soon.

Hate to do it, but the colts did have QB purgatory.
1981 was Bert Jones last season, their QB through most of the 70’s.
82 they go 0-8-1 with Mike Pagel.
83, #1 pick, they get their man and John Elway leaves for more Mike Pagel
84 Pagel splits time with Art Schlicter
85 more Pagel
86 Jack Trudeau steps in, splits time with legend Gary Hogeboom
87 same but win Div and make it to Tecmo Bowl
88 our Chris Chandler
89 chandler/Trudeau leading to another #1 overall
90 Jeff George “era” starts
91 George
92 #1 and #2 overall pick, George/ Trudeau, 9-7
93 George/Trudeau
94 jimmy Harbaugh and The majik man Don Majkowski
95 the infamous Mel Kiper year, harbaugh goes to the AFCCG
96 harbaugh
97 harbaugh/Paul Justin
98’ F the Colts

Throughout that run, they averaged about 6-7 wins, 3 playoff appearances, 11 top 5 picks (twice got 2 in one year (82/92).

I hate the colts as much as the next, but they’ve done some time as well in the QB purgatory. Hopefully those days return soon.

Ahhh the Tecmo Super Bowl Days !!!! Loved playing with the Run - N - Shoot Oiler

Good to hear Wentz shouldn't miss the whole season. That should give him a chance to play a little football before he suffers his real season ending injury later in the year.

Watson is irreparably damaged. Even if he plays again he won’t be the same and he was beatable before. It’s doubtful the Colts have enough to trade for him.
A Watson trade would would require multiple picks and starters like Leonard. Either way it weakens the Colts. The Colts have a crap WR Corp, so who is Watson going to throw to? Watson isn’t going to be traded inside the division anyway.

The Colts have serious problems.

Ahhh the Tecmo Super Bowl Days !!!! Loved playing with the Run - N - Shoot Oiler
I absolutely loved super tecmo bowl. Helped grow my Fanhood of Warren moon and the oilers BUT the reference is to the first tecmo bowl which only had 12 teams (the playoff teams). The colts accidentally had a good season and made the game even though their team was crap (ole Albert Bentley and Jack Trudeau) Raiders and bo Jackson were the team and the legend of Bo only grew more when the sequel came out.

Watson is irreparably damaged. Even if he plays again he won’t be the same and he was beatable before. It’s doubtful the Colts have enough to trade for him.
A Watson trade would would require multiple picks and starters like Leonard. Either way it weakens the Colts. The Colts have a crap WR Corp, so who is Watson going to throw to? Watson isn’t going to be traded inside the division anyway.

Bingo !!!!

Agree all the way accept the division part. If someone wants to give the asking capital to Houston, they won’t care who it is.

Manning got them 1 Super Bowl. How did that really work out for them? They beat up on a bad division for a decade. If you have Manning for 13 seasons you have to win more than 1 Super Bowl and won the AFC more than 2 times.

They really didn’t do very much with Luck. Won the division 2 times. Did nothing in the playoffs.

Colts fans should be very disappointed with their last 20 years. Manning and Luck and only 1 Super Bowl title?

The next 5 years in Titan time!! Fruck the Colts, Texans and Jags and their generational QBs.

Agree all the way accept the division part. If someone wants to give the asking capital to Houston, they won’t care who it is.

That may be true because he is never playing for them again. That’s clear. So they eventually will need to dump him on someone.

But the Colts can’t absorb the contracts of both Watson and Wentz as the cap hit is $67 million and to trade Wentz again would be a mess and the. You have dead cap etc etc…. it’s not happening. Trading for Watson would screw the Colts up even more. Watson doesn’t scare me, He is a head case.

Watson is going to Philly or Miami I think.

That may be true because he is never playing for them again. That’s clear. So they eventually will need to dump him on someone.

But the Colts can’t absorb the contracts of both Watson and Wentz as the cap hit is $67 million and to trade Wentz again would be a mess and the. You have dead cap etc etc…. it’s not happening. Trading for Watson would screw the Colts up even more. Watson doesn’t scare me, He is a head case.

Watson is going to Philly or Miami I think.
Didn’t philly take the dead cap hit on Wentz? I don’t think that’s why the Colts wouldn’t be able to trade him. The fact that he’s broken and not that great to begin with is why they won’t be able to trade him.

Didn’t philly take the dead cap hit on Wentz? I don’t think that’s why the Colts wouldn’t be able to trade him. The fact that he’s broken and not that great to begin with is why they won’t be able to trade him.

Philly isn’t eating next years cap hit. I’m talking about 2022. Colts can’t trade him now anyway. He is injured and yes he is broken. So they are stuck with his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back