Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe I have platinumed a game yet. I could with Skyrim, but I really do not feel like grinding.

I generally don't unless I really enjoy the game and I will go back to it. But in this case, I need to delete it because it takes up a good chunk of my disk space.

I may have to go for the platinum as well then. Sounds like it was an easy one to get.

Yeah, most of it you can do yourself. Playing co-op improves your bolt numbers too.

Just have to remember the million bolt thing is you need to have 1 million in your account at the one time, it's not a cumulative thing (thus why I haven't upgraded everything).

Let me know if you need help, I quite liked the game and happy to play it again.

I think achievements are dumb. Only one time in my gaming career have I gone out of the way to get them, and that was in WoW to get an undead dragon mount.

Achievements just for the sake of points...no ty

I think achievements are dumb. Only one time in my gaming career have I gone out of the way to get them, and that was in WoW to get an undead dragon mount.

Achievements just for the sake of points...no ty
I totally agree. I could care less about trophies/achievements. I play tons of PS3 but I'm only like a level 6 "player" or whatever on there. Because the only trophies I have are the ones I just happened upon. I've never actively sought them out.

Not knocking any of the trophy hunters though. Just not my thing. I play games mainly for the story/experience. And nothing takes me out of the experience and makes me remember I'm just playing a game like having to collect 100 coffee mugs or whatever insignificant item it is. Plus some of that stuff really is a grind and starts to feel like work.

Even the Riddler trophies on Arkham get on my nerves. And I love those games. It just feels so dumb to me.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzTrYk0VWu0"]PlayStation 3 PS3 Trophy Sound Effect - YouTube[/ame]

Ahhhh....never gets old.

I totally agree. I could care less about trophies/achievements. I play tons of PS3 but I'm only like a level 6 "player" or whatever on there. Because the only trophies I have are the ones I just happened upon. I've never actively sought them out.

Not knocking any of the trophy hunters though. Just not my thing. I play games mainly for the story/experience. And nothing takes me out of the experience and makes me remember I'm just playing a game like having to collect 100 coffee mugs or whatever insignificant item it is. Plus some of that stuff really is a grind and starts to feel like work.

Even the Riddler trophies on Arkham get on my nerves. And I love those games. It just feels so dumb to me.

I knock full-on trophy hunters because they are oddly serious about it.

I liked the Riddler trophies because they are sometimes fun, and more importantly, unlock some really cool items. Otherwise, I don't waste much time with things like that.

Honestly, some games out there have no replay value at all after you finish the single player/campaign, but trophies can change that. Gives you a reason to play it through again.

Yea

I mean the minute you start making fun of someone for going after trophies, is the minute you should log off and try and get laid.

Finished up Walking Dead Episode 2 today. REALLY enjoyed this one even though it was light on zombie action. There were some really tough decision this time around.

I'm curious as to what decisions the rest of you who have played the game made.

*****SPOILERZ*****
My choices:
- Chopped dude's leg off.
- Didn't kill the crazy lady at the campsite.
- Didn't help kill Larry.
- Killed the skinnier brother.
- Didn't kill the fatter brother.
- Stole the food from the car.
*****/SPOILERZ*****

Only issue I had, which sucked.. is my save stopped working. Ton of people had this issue it seems. I had to restart the entire thing, replay all of episode 1, and then play back to the part I was at in episode 2. Aside from that, terrific.
That really sucks. I saw this post before I finished up so I started copying my save file every time I loaded the game. Luckily I didn't have the issue.

Finished up Walking Dead Episode 2 today. REALLY enjoyed this one even though it was light on zombie action. There were some really tough decision this time around.

I'm curious as to what decisions the rest of you who have played the game made.

*****SPOILERZ*****
My choices:
- Chopped dude's leg off.
- Didn't kill the crazy lady at the campsite.
- Didn't help kill Larry.
- Killed the skinnier brother.
- Didn't kill the fatter brother.
- Stole the food from the car.
*****/SPOILERZ*****

*Chopped the leg
*Didn't kill the lady, I knew those brothers were fking creepy. Wanted all the info she was willing to spew.
*Tried to save Larry. Salt licks.. ftl
*Killed both of the brothers. THEY CUT OFF MARKS LEGS AND FED THEM TO THE GROUP! And THEN wanted to kill the rest of us. They all had to die. Clementine better nut up!
*Didn't steal the food. Lee must be awful hungry by now.

*****SPOILERZ*****
*Didn't kill the lady, I knew those brothers were fking creepy. Wanted all the info she was willing to spew.
Yeah it was obvious from the get-go they were up to something. But I didn't see the whole cannibalism angle coming until the butcher room in the barn was revealed.
*Killed both of the brothers. THEY CUT OFF MARKS LEGS AND FED THEM TO THE GROUP! And THEN wanted to kill the rest of us. They all had to die. Clementine better nut up!
I was planning on killing the fat boy too but then when he was pleading for me to I figured I'd leave him there alone to get eventually get eaten by zombies.
*Didn't steal the food. Lee must be awful hungry by now.
This was honestly the toughest decision in the game for me. I KNOW it will come back to bite me in some way later on. But the car looked abandoned (door open, headlights on). If I were really in that situation I would've jacked the food and never looked back.
*****/SPOILERZ*****

I'm loving this game way more than I imagined I would. They're doing an excellent job of making the relationships and decisions seem genuine and relevant. I actually feel bad whenever I disappoint Clementine. :ha:

Can't wait for episode 3. Hopefully it's on time. :rolleyes:

I hope I am rewarded in some way for not stealing from that car. Let's be real, if that was real life.. i would of done it in a heart beat. But killing the brothers, etc.. Clementine is growing up in a new world. Mercy and kindness get's your legs chopped off.

I sound like such a nerd. But I agree about the game. So much better than I thought it would be- and I liked episode 2 more than 1.

Check out Costume Quest and Stacking for some other really great Telltale games.

I sound like such a nerd. But I agree about the game. So much better than I thought it would be- and I liked episode 2 more than 1.
I feel the same way. Loved episode 1 but think I liked this one just a little bit more. They're doing an awesome job making the decisions and relationships seem real. Whereas in something like GTA I'll just kill people all willy-nilly for the fun of it, in WD you actually have to put some thought into it and think about what the consequences will be.

I'll be sad when this series is over. :sad2:

If each episode is even marginally better than the last, I will happily proclaim that this is the best game I have ever played.

I'm a lil tipsy, so sorry for the high five spam :p

I STILL stand by I would of rather of waited for the entire game to be finished and released as a whole. The episodic releases..it helps sales/hype maybe, and helps build the anticipation for the next episode- But I want instant gratification NAAAAOOOWWWW!

If each episode is even marginally better than the last, I will happily proclaim that this is the best game I have ever played.

I'm a lil tipsy, so sorry for the high five spam :p

I STILL stand by I would of rather of waited for the entire game to be finished and released as a whole. The episodic releases..it helps sales/hype maybe, and helps build the anticipation for the next episode- But I want instant gratification NAAAAOOOWWWW!

Here is what I think they should have done...

Have all 5 episodes ready for release at $25 price OR you can pay $50 for all 5 and you have pre-ordered 5 future episodes to come out "monthly". If you don't pre-order they should charge like $8 per episode.

I think this would've helped with the delay, because the episodes are so short. And this would have made them more money. Of course we are also talking twice the game here. But when all is said and done, those 5 episodes can probably be beat in a 12 hour playthrough or quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back