Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
what don't you like? Have you ever tried one? Before God of War i wasn't really into those types of games either, but man they're all really well made and just feel good to play. i can't speak for the new one, but the mechanics and "big events" in the old games were just top notch.

It's hard to pinpoint. That's why I feel like I am just getting to the point to where not many games interest me. It may be the melee combat, or the story. Or a combination of it all

Luckily I just got the beta for the next WoW expansion so Ill have that and farcry again to keep me busy until FF7, Red Dead Redemption 2, and a few more that wont be out until 2019

God of War looks amazing. Not taking anything away from it. I just think I like games like Fallout/Horizon Zero Dawn/Farcry better.

I feel this was the reset the series needed.

I played 3 when it first came out, and was impressed, but gamers aren’t going to play button mashers anymore. They want a story with challenging gameplay and customizable characters. I thought the series was done at 3, glad to see this direction. Granted it could be done after this, I’m just glad they went the direction of Tomb Raider and aren’t afraid to try new things.

This is up there with Bloodborne, better because I might actually be able to beat GoW.

Finally went and got it. Love it. I loved the originals too but this is a better game, GoW has grown up.

I'm only like 4 hours in and I'm blown away. Kratos went from being a blah character with epic set peices to a really compelling character.

This is a once in a generation game. A must play.

Metal Gear Solid V
Bloodborne
Uncharted 4
Horizon Zero Dawn
God of War

If Spiderman, Last of Us and Red Dead live up to the hype the PS4 generation might be the best ever for a console.

@Gunny

If Spiderman, Last of Us and Red Dead live up to the hype the PS4 generation might be the best ever for a console.
PS1.

FF7, 8, 9
Resident Evil 1, 2, 3
Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, 3
Silent Hill
Metal Gear Solid
Tekken 1, 2, 3
Tony Hawk Pro Skater

So many more.

It was a different time when exclusives were a lot more common and it took months to create a game instead of years, but the PS1 and Super Nintendo have it beat.

xo while typing out this whole post:
RightTameAfricangoldencat-max-1mb.gif

PS1.

FF7, 8, 9
Resident Evil 1, 2, 3
Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, 3
Silent Hill
Metal Gear Solid
Tekken 1, 2, 3
Tony Hawk Pro Skater

So many more.

It was a different time when exclusives were a lot more common and it took months to create a game instead of years, but the PS1 and Super Nintendo have it beat.

Nintendo releases the same damn games every generation.

Zelda
Mario
Mario Kart
Smash Brothers
Mario Party
Mario playing a random sport
Pokemon

Now, I love Mario Kart 8 and Mario Odyssey is the greatest Mario game since 64 but seriously that all anyone buys a Nintendo console for.

Now for that list...

Metal Gear 5 is the best in the series or at least equal with 3 and 4. The original Metal Gear plays horribly, still a fantastic story though.

Final Fantasy 8 and 9 are bad games. Series picked up again at 10.

Crash Bandicoot is overrated, seriously play them now. It's bad.

The best Resident Evil is 4 and it ain't close. The latest reboot or whatever it is pretty fantastic too.

Tekken is still going and is just fine.

Silent Hill is dead.

Tony Hawk is dead.

Now for that list...

Metal Gear 5 is the best in the series or at least equal with 3 and 4. The original Metal Gear plays horribly, still a fantastic story though.

Final Fantasy 8 and 9 are bad games. Series picked up again at 10.

Crash Bandicoot is overrated, seriously play them now. It's bad.

The best Resident Evil is 4 and it ain't close. The latest reboot or whatever it is pretty fantastic too.

Tekken is still going and is just fine.

Silent Hill is dead.

Tony Hawk is dead.
FF8 and 9 were fantastic. You’re crazy.

And I don’t see how most of what you said is relevant. The franchises might be dead now, but how does that affect their playability and quality in 96?

We’ll be saying the same things about a lot of the franchises you listed in 20+ years.

FF8 and 9 were fantastic. You’re crazy.

And I don’t see how most of what you said is relevant. The franchises might be dead now, but how does that affect their playability and quality in 96?

We’ll be saying the same things about a lot of the franchises you listed in 20+ years.

I'm talking about replayability.

After playing MGS5 is is difficult to go back to MGS1. It is very clunky.

Some games age very well. FF7 aged very well.

Mario 64 still plays as smooth as Odyssey.

Ocarina of Time still plays smooth as butter.

At the time Crash Bandicoot was cutting edge but it's ass now.

Those first three Resident Evils are awful to play now. RE4's over the shoulder gameplay has held up. Hell they keep releasing it again every generation.

The original Halo is a classic and can still be played without missing much.

People remember GoldenEye so fondly but go back and play it now with a controller or even on a PC emulator. It's real bad.

The original Tony Hawks are still fun af to play. Not sure why they can't get that right now. The newest one was just bad, real bad.

I'm talking about replayability.
Then you can’t really make that determination on the current gen games. In 20 years we might look back and think, “wow. We used to play with plastic paddles with knobs and buttons. How clunky.”

That’s like comparing special effects in the 60s to Michael Bay’s Transformers. They were great in their own right.

Alright my biggest complaint as is an issue with seemingly all action games like GoW, Bloodborne and DMC is the ability for enemies to pivot and move during a strike like they have ball bearing for feet.

It's retarded. I don't know why game designers leave that in games in 2018.

Like if they swing an axe at me and I roll out of the way they shouldn't be able to rotate around and still hit me with their feet sliding on the ground.

Foh

Alright my biggest complaint as is an issue with seemingly all action games like GoW, Bloodborne and DMC is the ability for enemies to pivot and move during a strike like they have ball bearing for feet.

It's retarded. I don't know why game designers leave that in games in 2018.

Like if they swing an axe at me and I roll out of the way they shouldn't be able to rotate around and still hit me with their feet sliding on the ground.

Foh

Git gud

Oh I am. I'm level 2 and took down two level 6 dudes with hammers.

I had already met the world snake before I figured out you can run and level up. It got easier rather suddenly once I learned these things.

Also a plant person shouldn't be able to one hit you no matter what level it is. I've watched Kratos kill gods for a decade. I watched him fight Baulder to stand still at level 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back