Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah that would explain the near double number of PS4s out there. Or the Switch selling so well.

He has a point. PS4’s exclusives are widely considered better and more campaign driven. Xbox’s online interface is a lot more appealing than PS’. Most of the people I know that only play Call of Duty/Battlefront/Battlefield online, have an Xbox.

I didn't like Skyrim. It was boring as ****. I played it for like three hours and took it back to Redbox.

I'm a few hours into Horizon Zero Dawn. So far so good. It's a beautiful game. @VondyP wouldn't know about good exclusive games though...

Skyrim is great but the main quest kind of sucked. Shame, because everything else about the game was top notch.

Ah that would explain the near double number of PS4s out there. Or the Switch selling so well.
Maybe. But it is really because Microsoft screwed up.

The Xbox 360 was successful because of the "hardcore" shooting games, more affordable price, and really no hit in performance in games for both systems. But the Xbox One was noticeably less powerful than the PS4, so multiplatform games looked worse, and it initially released with a gimmicky peripheral which added no value for most of the fans of the 360, but increased the price by $100. The PS4 was kind of a no-brainer for those who wanted to play games like COD, sports games, etc.

Microsoft was basically forced to axe the Kinect, then release a more powerful version of the console just 3 years later. Then one which truly left the PS4 in the dust a year after that. The problem was, they forgot to put any games in development. In all likelihood, they had more first party releases in progress for the original Xbox One, but they had to overhaul the development to take advantage of the hardware and sell the Xbox One X (the latest iteration), since 3rd party developers sure as hell aren't going to put enough resources to utilize a system with such a small market.

The PS4 exclusives don't exactly set the world on fire in terms of sales, but the quality is consistent enough for them to have brand royalty and for those studios to keep the lights on. Unless Valve decides to announce the Half Life 3 next week, I think Sony first party studios are unparalleled at this point. Third-Party developers are completely unwilling to release new IPs, and the production values of the Sony exclusives really blow them out of the water and make those other games appear to be stuck in the last generation. Whether you like it or not, it is really great to have a game like Horizon: Zero Dawn on the market, and you would have never seen something like that if Sony weren't pumping so much money into its own games.

The PS4 exclusives don't exactly set the world on fire in terms of sales, .

Huh? Detroit just sold a million in 2 weeks and that's a niche game.

God of War is at like 5 million. Uncharted collection at 5. Uncharted 4 at 10. The last of us at 6 million.

Microsoft's best is halo guardians at less than 5 million.

lol those are great games and to say otherwise just shows your fanboyism. get off ps's dick

Never said they weren't. Said Microsoft have nothing. They showed DLC, sequels and games I can play plus no new IPs = nothing.

I don't expect any better from Sony tomorrow. All their first party studios have either recently released games or have already announced games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back