Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Rumors are swirling that Kraft might want to trade for Vrabel if the Pats were to make a HC change. If true, what would it take?

Looking at history, Sean Payton took a first and second-rounder over two drafts. Parcells was a first, second, third and fourth over three drafts. Gruden was two firsts and a second. Belichick was a first, fourth and seventh (though some late picks were given back). Other coach trades didn’t take more than a single second or fourth.

Who would be the choice to replace him? We have already proven through other trades that compensation is only half the story, using the compensation correctly, or having a back up plan that actually works is the key. If Vrabel were to be traded, the team must have a plan to get BETTER not stay the same or go backwards.

A First for me. Posted in the around the league thread too.

I liked Vrabel. Clearly a step up from Mularkey BUT in the same way, I think he’s reached his peak. The questionable defensive decisions he made while Houston’s HC, he made here (never has secondary in positions to succeed) and some of his personnel decisions (staff) stink. He seems to have an issue with players and their ability to determine health to collect paychecks while watching games.

all that adds up to, if a first is available for him, take it.
As mentioned, DO NOT settle for an internal hire. Since Ran just moved in, he may have a lot of pull with AAS to hire someone outside and potentially with some promise vice a tired old retread.

I would take any compensation they want to give. I don't hate Vrabel by any means. But I also don't think he is some amazing coach that can't be replaced. We won a playoff game with Mularkey for crying out loud.

If the Pats want to trade us a 1st round pick for Vrabel, I will gladly help pack his bags. If this team is going to be successful, it's going to be on the arm of Levis, not the coaching of Vrabel. And if Levis is not successful, we are going to be mediocre to bad anyways and will probably fire Vrabel within the next 2 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
If he starts Levis, then nothing less than a first round pick...

If he starts INTannehill, then a bag of fritos scoops from the initial FRITO LAY RELEASE in the 90s...

The Pats seems pretty desperate to move on from BB but haven't made the move of firing him yet. Does the trade deadline include coaches or just players? I feel the longer Vrabes is with us the lower the chance he gets traded.

Why not? Some of y’all may not like him but he is very well respected. It’s a 1sr plus a second plus…. Or we got robbed.
Being respected does equal being a good coach. He's decent but if you look at the state of the team since 2021 it's been all downhill and honestly it just keeps getting worse. Vrabel took over a team on the rise, the team peaked in talent and Vrabel ALONG with JRob never found talent to replace the talent we lost. Hope Ran is good at his job and can find talent, but I have no hope for Vrabel and his coach style is dated and we need to move to a more modern offense. We got the QB with the arm talent to do it now, don't waste him running and outdated offense.

hopefully this franchise isn't stupid enough to trade away a good coach after searching for one for over a decade

clearly the fans are

not even an option for 'don't trade him'???

hopefully this franchise isn't stupid enough to trade away a good coach after searching for one for over a decade

clearly the fans are

not even an option for 'don't trade him'???
Why is he a good coach? Because he went to the AFCC? Hell Fisher made it all the way to the Superbowl bring him back.

Why is he a good coach? Because he went to the AFCC? Hell Fisher made it all the way to the Superbowl bring him back.
why is he a bad coach? because this trash ass roster jrob left behind isnt gonna win 10 games this year?

7-2 last season or some shit until tannehill got hurt and we were stuck with our project rookie qb.

now the roster is in tatters and fans want to restart completely?? and make the promising rookie QB change coaches already???

fans are so fickle. getting rid of him now would be an absolute disaster. the locker room would be lost and no one would want to come here other than those we heavily overpay.

Last edited by a moderator:
why is he a bad coach? because this trash ass roster jrob left behind isnt gonna win 10 games this year?

7-2 last season or some **** until tannehill got hurt and we were stuck with our project rookie qb.

now the roster is in tatters and fans want to restart completely?? and make the promising rookie QB change coaches already???

fans are so fickle. getting rid of him now would be an absolute disaster. the locker room would be lost and no one would want to come here other than those we heavily overpay.
Because his hiring decisions are very very questionable. It appears (from the outside at least) that he butts heads with other alphas. Might hold grudges against some players. He takes on very little responsibility for the team's hiccups, beyond "we need to coach better". Seems stubborn to change or evolve his game plan/strategy. Players appear to regress instead of improve under his tenure. Has some questionable in-game decisions. Ultimately, he's a defensive coach with an established track record of having shaky defenses, at best, while also appearing to either have no input or be complacent with some of the terrible offensive schemes/play calls that we've all witnessed.

I'm not saying he should get fired. His best trait is that he can elevate an average team to have us compete against better rosters. I have no doubt that he's a good rah-rah/ motivation coach. The problem might be that if he doesn't have the right strategists at OC and DC, it's a lost cause. I'm not even saying I think we should trade him, but if there's a good offer on the table and some other good options available, I won't immediately close the door to the idea.

7-2 last season or some **** until tannehill got hurt and we were stuck with our project rookie qb.

Because JRob drafted and signed the players Vrabel asked for. Vrabel hired his buddies and they do not develop players at all. Vrabel and his schemes are terrible and need to adapt to the modern NFL. Vrabel takes Henry out on every critical play in every game and then doesnt understand why we have one of the worst 3rd down conversion percentages in the league and refuses to make changes. Because we lose games with Henry standing on the sidelines watching.

Vrabel had his window and the window closed on him, he wasnt good enough to take advantage of it.

And I would rather be the worst team in the league over being a 9-8 first round playoff loss team which is basically what Vrabel peaks at.

He takes on very little responsibility for the team's hiccups, beyond "we need to coach better".
disagree completely, "we need to coach better" is taking the blame upon himself. fans will NEVER be happy with what coaches say after losses so it's hard to take this real serious. what could he say that would make you happy? he's literally saying it's on them.

I'm not saying he should get fired. His best trait is that he can elevate an average team to have us compete against better rosters. I have no doubt that he's a good rah-rah/ motivation coach. The problem might be that if he doesn't have the right strategists at OC and DC, it's a lost cause.
2 of his 4 OCs so far have gone on to be HC, downing was obviously trash but he moved on from him as he should have. and despite everyone being upset since we are losing I think Tim Kelly is the pass-friendly OC we've all been clamoring for since... forever. last week he clearly dialed it back in the 2nd half for whatever reason(OL issues) but in general, I think he has been good. so 3/4 solid OC hires.

And our defense hasn't given up more than 27 all season. the problem is the offense, and more specifically, the offensive line. it is terrible, like really bad. maybe a new OL coach is needed and maybe that will happen. WR is pretty real bad too.

My question is why would the Pats want to give anything up? The other coaches on that list had a successful track record and SB rings as HCs. The only one who didn't was Belichick, but he was groomed under Parcels and was a helluva good DC.

If they do offer, I'd go with a 1st and 3rd or 4th. Slightly better than what they gave up for Bill.

Next question, who are possible replacements? Any chance we get Lincoln Riley out of college? Doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back