Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
And 100% we should trade him if given a good enough package. I doubt we will get a 1st rounder since the Pats seem like a lock for a top 5 pick, so let's take a look at a potential trade.

Using the Payton trade as reference (and using the draft pick calculator) we can assume that Payton was valued somewhere between 1000 and 1100 points in draft pick value. But it's worth noting that Payton was not the current coach of the Saints at the time of the trade. So we could potentially demand more. However, Payton was also a SB winning coach while Vrabel has only guided this team to 2 playoff wins in what will be 6 years. But for shits and giggles we will use the Payton trade as a baseline:

Pats receive Vrabel + Titans 5th round pick this year

Titans receive Pats 2nd this yr and 2nd next year.

Total value received would be between 900 - 950 points depending where NE finishes this year.

This is the bare minimum of an acceptable trade for me. And I am still not sure that I do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
And 100% we should trade him if given a good enough package. I doubt we will get a 1st rounder since the Pats seem like a lock for a top 5 pick, so let's take a look at a potential trade.

Using the Payton trade as reference (and using the draft pick calculator) we can assume that Payton was valued somewhere between 1000 and 1100 points in draft pick value. But it's worth noting that Payton was not the current coach of the Saints at the time of the trade. So we could potentially demand more. However, Payton was also a SB winning coach while Vrabel has only guided this team to 2 playoff wins in what will be 6 years. But for ***** and giggles we will use the Payton trade as a baseline:

Total value received would be between 900 - 950 points depending where NE finishes this year.

This is the bare minimum of an acceptable trade for me. And I am still not sure that I do it.
Is that Gruden trade still in effect?

1st and 2nd in 24’
1st in 25’
2nd in 26’
+ $8 million cash

pay up NE. He wasn’t a SB winning coach either.
Only lost the AFCCG (of course it was the BS tuck rule game).

Edit: reached AFCCG against the Ratbirds in 2000, lost Div round in 01’ by BS tuck rule. My mistake.

Is that Gruden trade still in effect?

1st and 2nd in 24’
1st in 25’
2nd in 26’
+ $8 million cash

pay up NE. He wasn’t a SB winning coach either.
Only lost the AFCCG (of course it was the BS tuck rule game).

Edit: reached AFCCG against the Ratbirds in 2000, lost Div round in 01’ by BS tuck rule. My mistake.

That would be amazing, Just not sure how realistic it is in today's game. Tampa was a SB caliber team when they made that trade. NE isn't really close to being competitive in the AFC East. Especially once Rodgers gets back. .

Using the Payton trade as reference (and using the draft pick calculator) we can assume that Payton was valued somewhere between 1000 and 1100 points in draft pick value. But it's worth noting that Payton was not the current coach of the Saints at the time of the trade. So we could potentially demand more. However, Payton was also a SB winning coach while Vrabel has only guided this team to 2 playoff wins in what will be 6 years. But for ***** and giggles we will use the Payton trade as a baseline:

Informative and well thought out. But I'm not trading him without a 1st round pick. That's my baseline. I'd probably ask for a day 2 pick in 2025 as well.

That would be amazing, Just not sure how realistic it is in today's game. Tampa was a SB caliber team when they made that trade. NE isn't really close to being competitive in the AFC East. Especially once Rodgers gets back. .

In todays game then….The Broncos damn sure aren’t a SB caliber team. But the Sean Payton package is the baseline or market for Vrabel in my opinion.

In todays game then….The Broncos damn sure aren’t a SB caliber team. But the Sean Payton package is the baseline or market for Vrabel in my opinion.

That is why is listed the (rough) baseline value. Payton brought back the 29th overall pick which has a value of 640 points and a 2024 2nd rounder, which is generally valued around 420 points. Though teams could value that future pick higher or lower depending where they think that future pick will land.

The Saints also sent back a 2024 3rd rounder, generally valued around 190 points. So that offsets some of the value they received. Overall, they received around 1000 points in draft value. That's my baseline, but since Vrabel is our current coach, I would ask for more.

I think the Payton trade is a bit of a different situation. The Broncos mortgaged their future for Russ and then he stunk. They're stuck with him long term and I think bringing in Payton was a knee jerk reaction to his struggles.

I don't really see Vrabel having that same appeal for any team. Although I didn't understand the desire for Payton either, so maybe that's just on me.

Our fans are delusional. Vrabel is not worth a 1st round pick. He's about to be fired. And the rest of the league knows what we know. He hasn't been able to develop talent, he hasn't turned a losing team into a winner, and the team is a disaster. The culture he brought to the table and was known for, vaporized on his watch. The league is not stupid. Especially not the Patriots.

Are there still people who think someone might give us anything for Vrabel?

nope.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back