Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we were offered a first and he was game, try and get more, and say thanks for your service.
just a 1st round pick wouldn't offset the 3-4 year setback. It will take two picks (two 1sts or 1st and second) at a minimum to mitigate the rebuild time when a coach leaves with a depleted roster.

pats can have vrabel for a room temperature six-pack of bud light for all i care. That first game kicking the field goal down by 4 points with 2 minutes left....awful

Only 2 games for Levis. 5 complete games for Tanne and he averaged 28 attempts/game over that 5. Even when we had a good offense in 2020, Tanne only averaged 30 attempts/game.

THill has attempted 26 per game. 158 attempts 6 games is 26.3. Not 28

Yes Levis is only 2 games in but it is clear we are throwing more with him. 8 more per game.

What was your point ?

Then why did we fire Fish Face who was at basically 9 (8.8) wins per season?

Also, Reid and Billy B have about a gazillion more seasons than Vrabel.

Then don’t use averages. But my point still remains. They won with great QBs and sucked without one. THill was good for a couple of years and so were Titans. He got old and bad. So did Titans.

I don’t know who Fish Face is ( so childish ) but Jeff Fisher was here 17 years. After he lost his great QB we got bad. See the pattern? Fisher was a very good HC, but he never achieved greatness. His style got old. The explosion of elite QBs and a passing NFL left him behind.

You have to have a top tier QB to succeed in this league. Period. THill ain’t it. You guys want more Henry but get ,ad at Vrabel when it doesn’t work and say his old school style doesn’t work. Make up your minds.

Vrabel can go for the right price. I don’t get attached or emotional about players or coaches. It’s about the team.

Kelly was an assistance coach with Vrabel in Houston.
They both got positions in 2014 with the Cows.

He was talking about Downing who Vrabel had never worked with before Titans. Art Smith hired Downing.

But to your point about Kelly, he ran the #1 offense in the NFL in 2020. It’s not some drinking buddy hire. But all you guys who keep dinging Vrabel for hiring his friends are wrong, but also don’t seem to understand or refuse to acknowledge all NFL coaches hire their drinking buddies. Hell, they hire their sons and brothers.

Correct. Both QBs better than Thill. But Reid didn’t win a SB until he got Mahomes.
Do you forget what you post?
Keeping in mind that time 3 coach won most of those games with HOF QBs while Vrabel in his short career has had a second tier guy with a bad GM and bad drafts.

Also none of those coaches have been **** without a HOF QB.

Good HCs look real good with talent and real bad without it.
“None of these coaches have been s**t without a HoF QB”
I posted the 2 that Reid had before Mahomes and he was already regarded as one of the greatest coaches of all time.

just a 1st round pick wouldn't offset the 3-4 year setback. It will take two picks (two 1sts or 1st and second) at a minimum to mitigate the rebuild time when a coach leaves with a depleted roster.
and making the rookie qb learn a new system in his 2nd year. thats always a recipe for success.

He was talking about Downing who Vrabel had never worked with before Titans. Art Smith hired Downing.

But to your point about Kelly, he ran the #1 offense in the NFL in 2020. It’s not some drinking buddy hire. But all you guys who keep dinging Vrabel for hiring his friends are wrong, but also don’t seem to understand or refuse to acknowledge all NFL coaches hire their drinking buddies. Hell, they hire their sons and brothers.
What?
The Texans were 18th in points and 13th in yards offensively in 2020 and were a 4-12 team.

but for good measure, in 2021 they were 30th in points, dead last in yards as a 4-13 team.

He was also their OC in 2019 as a 10-6 team, but still ranked 14 in pts, 13 in yards.

What?
The Texans were 18th in points and 13th in yards offensively in 2020 and were a 4-12 team.

but for good measure, in 2021 they were 30th in points, dead last in yards as a 4-13 team.

He was also their OC in 2019 as a 10-6 team, but still ranked 14 in pts, 13 in yards.

I meant to say passing Offense, which I would still be wrong. They were 2nd.

Their record is irrelevant. It’s a team game and they had a horrid defense. Tim Kelly doesn’t coach defense.

Their record is irrelevant. It’s a team game and they had a horrid defense. Tim Kelly doesn’t coach defense.
It is a team game and when you have a bad defense, you are usually playing from behind and your passing stats on offense are inflated. Deshaun Watson with a great defense doesn’t look the same, does he?

The record is not irrelevant, doesn’t tell the whole story either. But if your team is 4-12, chances are they were down, often, which means more passing and prevent defenses.
I’d have to look into each game.

It is a team game and when you have a bad defense, you are usually playing from behind and your passing stats on offense are inflated. Deshaun Watson with a great defense doesn’t look the same, does he?
He doesn’t but I also think his off the field BS with a full season off and going to a new team do play a large factor.

what I don’t think can be argued is that Cleveland got him the weapons to succeed.

Tim Kelly takes our best offensive player out of the game on 3rds and 4ths, that tells me he sucks. I dont need anything else to know he sucks.

THill has attempted 26 per game. 158 attempts 6 games is 26.3. Not 28

Yes Levis is only 2 games in but it is clear we are throwing more with him. 8 more per game.

What was your point ?

Tanne missed much of game 6. That's why i didn't include it. And Levis has 2 games so far. 1 at 39 attempts and 1 at 29. Acting like we're throwing the ball significantly more based on a 2 game sample is silly. He's had 1 game where he's thrown for more than league average.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back