Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you were talking generalities not this specific situation.
I’d still argue that a new HC doesn’t automatically equal 3-5 years. thanks to parity or just HC selection, a handful of teams have gotten a new HC and we’re right back in the playoff mix within. 2 years.
Yeah- I’d speculate they run the same system(s) and are similar. We’re just in rebuild right now.

Two first round picks and I'll personally drive him to new england. I mostly like vrabel but players win games. I also don't trust him to develop Levis or any other young qb

Being respected does equal being a good coach. He's decent but if you look at the state of the team since 2021 it's been all downhill and honestly it just keeps getting worse. Vrabel took over a team on the rise, the team peaked in talent and Vrabel ALONG with JRob never found talent to replace the talent we lost. Hope Ran is good at his job and can find talent, but I have no hope for Vrabel and his coach style is dated and we need to move to a more modern offense. We got the QB with the arm talent to do it now, don't waste him running and outdated offense.
To be fair look at his roster this year, no one is making this team look elite.

disagree completely, "we need to coach better" is taking the blame upon himself. fans will NEVER be happy with what coaches say after losses so it's hard to take this real serious. what could he say that would make you happy? he's literally saying it's on them.

2 of his 4 OCs so far have gone on to be HC, downing was obviously trash but he moved on from him as he should have. and despite everyone being upset since we are losing I think Tim Kelly is the pass-friendly OC we've all been clamoring for since... forever. last week he clearly dialed it back in the 2nd half for whatever reason(OL issues) but in general, I think he has been good. so 3/4 solid OC hires.

And our defense hasn't given up more than 27 all season. the problem is the offense, and more specifically, the offensive line. it is terrible, like really bad. maybe a new OL coach is needed and maybe that will happen. WR is pretty real bad too.
I can uno reverse card you and say that the reason we had success in the past was because he had head coach level talent coordinating his Offense and Defense. Vrabel is a mediocre. Others on here posted valid points also to why he just isn't that good.

To be fair look at his roster this year, no one is making this team look elite.
Well I'll ask again does Vrabel have a say or not in acquisitions of talent? Ya JRob shit the bed but Vrabel was right there. Who's making the decisions right now on what players to pick up, Ran? Vrabel? It's more than likely both, hence Vrabel can't scout players coming from college and can't determine if a FA pick Will be worth a shit. He picks a dude up like Dilly boy cuz he'll he was a 1st pick gotta be something there right!? No he stinks. So Vrabel keeps him in for 6 weeks to start the season? Stuff like this makes me question Vrabel.

is he not the one picking them?

great work on hiring your staff then, vrabel
Art was here before Vrabel, Schwartz was here before too but left and came back. Who's he got now? I will say this the ONLY hire that Vrabel made that was good was Coombs.

Well I'll ask again does Vrabel have a say or not in acquisitions of talent? Ya JRob **** the bed but Vrabel was right there. Who's making the decisions right now on what players to pick up, Ran? Vrabel? It's more than likely both, hence Vrabel can't scout players coming from college and can't determine if a FA pick Will be worth a ****. He picks a dude up like Dilly boy cuz he'll he was a 1st pick gotta be something there right!? No he stinks. So Vrabel keeps him in for 6 weeks to start the season? Stuff like this makes me question Vrabel.
it's not vrabels job to scout players from college, and clearly jrob was in control of the roster, because vrabel did not agree with the AJ trade in any way, shape, or form. and then jrob got fired for it.

you think vrabel hand-picks every acquisition and that is obviously not the case. ran picked up a TON of guys that played for the 49ers, cuz thats where HE came from. you think vrabel was pounding the table for all of them? come on

seems like you are just looking for a scapegoat, that scapegoat is jrob.

it's not vrabels job to scout players from college, and clearly jrob was in control of the roster, because vrabel did not agree with the AJ trade in any way, shape, or form. and then jrob got fired for it.

you think vrabel hand-picks every acquisition and that is obviously not the case. ran picked up a TON of guys that played for the 49ers, cuz thats where HE came from. you think vrabel was pounding the table for all of them? come on

seems like you are just looking for a scapegoat, that scapegoat is jrob.
Then why are the scouts still here? Who's damn team is this? Rans? Vrabel? Does a HC not have a say in personnel? Team still sucks without JRob the hole got deeper, I know we are cash strapped but nothing improved with JRobs firing. The team is running out of people to fire before to eventually come to common denominator that is Vrabel.

Then why are the scouts still here? Who's damn team is this? Rans? Vrabel? Does a HC not have a say in personnel? Team still sucks without JRob the hole got deeper, I know we are cash strapped but nothing improved with JRobs firing. The team is running out of people to fire before to eventually come to common denominator that is Vrabel.
you think a new gm comes in and instantly fires every single scout and replaces them with their own? not really how that works

the roster is in shambles and we had no money to upgrade, and had limited draft picks. this season was always going to be bad. i think you had your sights set too high.

I can uno reverse card you and say that the reason we had success in the past was because he had head coach level talent coordinating his Offense and Defense. Vrabel is a mediocre. Others on here posted valid points also to why he just isn't that good.
Where is Todd downing head coaching now?

Well I'll ask again does Vrabel have a say or not in acquisitions of talent? Ya JRob **** the bed but Vrabel was right there. Who's making the decisions right now on what players to pick up, Ran? Vrabel? It's more than likely both, hence Vrabel can't scout players coming from college and can't determine if a FA pick Will be worth a ****. He picks a dude up like Dilly boy cuz he'll he was a 1st pick gotta be something there right!? No he stinks. So Vrabel keeps him in for 6 weeks to start the season? Stuff like this makes me question Vrabel.
No one on the board knows how much input Vrabel has on player acquisition. Judging his reaction of the AJ brown trade, he certainly isn't making the final call. Dillard sucks but who else we putting back there? Should he just generate Trent Williams out of thin air or?

What makes me question Vrabel is his dedication to old school football, and his undying loyalty to assistant coaches.

Exactly he was hand picked by Vrabel, Art had been here already. Once he left Vrabel could of/should of looked elsewhere but he promoted his drinking bud.
all 4 OCs were picked by vrabel

you don't just get to disqualify the good ones and hype up the bad, vrabel tapped all those guys to be the guy. 2/3 so far with kelly unknown.

It's too early to tell if Levis will pan out, but his potential looks to be there. Would Vrabel rather coach Levis here or Mac Jones at NE? He'd likely have to draft another qb there. He drafted Levis so he might not want to abandon what he started here for the current situation there.

Also, the fact that we have Levis could make this job much more attractive to any other established coach looking for a job.

No one on the board knows how much input Vrabel has on player acquisition. Judging his reaction of the AJ brown trade, he certainly isn't making the final call. Dillard sucks but who else we putting back there? Should he just generate Trent Williams out of thin air or?

What makes me question Vrabel is his dedication to old school football, and his undying loyalty to assistant coaches.
based on the AJ reaction, if he doesnt get his way he is going to let EVERYONE know it. How many times did Vrabel let EVERYONE know he didnt get his way? Once? Yep, every other acquisition showed Vrabel high fiving and smirking like the cat who got into the cream.

It's too early to tell if Levis will pan out, but his potential looks to be there. Would Vrabel rather coach Levis here or Mac Jones at NE? He'd likely have to draft another qb there. He drafted Levis so he might not want to abandon what he started here for the current situation there.
No doubt you rather have Levis right for sure, I just hope Vrabel will use him. When Henry leaves where do we go from there? How do we continue or run heavy/PA attack offense without a superstar RB to command the attention needed to run suck offense. Spears is good but he's not a bell cow back and Henry is one of a kind type of back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back