Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
why is he a bad coach? because this trash ass roster jrob left behind isnt gonna win 10 games this year?

7-2 last season or some **** until tannehill got hurt and we were stuck with our project rookie qb.

fans are so fickle.

I don't think most of us think he is a bad coach. But I certainly don't think he is a great coach. His refusal to implement an offense from this century is going to bury him and this franchise for years to come. And if NE wants to give us a 1st round pick for a HC that isn't guaranteed to be here in 3 years anyways, I say why not?

As I said earlier, we won a playoff game with Mularkey only 1 year removed from having the No. 1 pick in the draft. It isn't hard to find a competent HC. Right now, we have hedged our future to Levis. If he doesn't work out, then neither Carthon nor Vrabel will be around in 3 years regardless.

The Pats seems pretty desperate to move on from BB but haven't made the move of firing him yet. Does the trade deadline include coaches or just players? I feel the longer Vrabes is with us the lower the chance he gets traded.
He won’t be a mid season firing. He will get to end the season out of respect even if they were to announce they are moving on after the year.

hopefully this franchise isn't stupid enough to trade away a good coach after searching for one for over a decade

clearly the fans are

not even an option for 'don't trade him'???
Why are you so content with holding on to mediocrity?
I swear, fans never want to be better, they’re ok with being ok.

Why are you so content with holding on to mediocrity?
I swear, fans never want to be better, they’re ok with being ok.
we have been markedly better since vrabel got here. seems you want to go back to mediocrity or even worse.

i bet you even thought tanne gave us the best chance to win.

I don't think most of us think he is a bad coach. But I certainly don't think he is a great coach. His refusal to implement an offense from this century is going to bury him and this franchise for years to come.
disagree. tim kelly is that change. the offense is different and throws much more with better route combinations.
he shut down in the 2nd half of last week but in general, he's exactly what we've been asking for.

they just gave him an extension this year, he isnt getting fired at all
Did not know, wasn’t paying attention to them.

that said, I agree entirely that he isn’t going anywhere. All the more reason why this thread is all for not, Vrabel isn’t getting traded for.

we have been markedly better since vrabel got here. seems you want to go back to mediocrity or even worse.

i bet you even thought tanne gave us the best chance to win.
Just because previous coaches didn’t work out doesn’t mean you get scared to go after another one potentially better than Vrabel.
Seems your content with what has already been peak Vrabel.

Just because previous coaches didn’t work out doesn’t mean you get scared to go after another one potentially better than Vrabel.
Seems your content with what has already been peak Vrabel.
peak vrabel? he's like 45 years old. there's a lot of vrabel left buddy. can't claim peak anything.

disagree. tim kelly is that change. the offense is different and throws much more with better route combinations.
he shut down in the 2nd half of last week but in general, he's exactly what we've been asking for.
He also wastes opportunities for TD (not the last game before half) and call ill timed runs and reverses to Burks.
Kelly may throw more but between him and Vrabel, their situational awareness is awful regularly.

peak vrabel? he's like 45 years old. there's a lot of vrabel left buddy. can't claim peak anything.
I hope you at least caught that those are all your quotes.

I have my issues with Vrabel. Whatever he does with player injuries is an issue. He continues to put secondary in bad positions (something he did in Houston as well). He makes awful calls on the 4th down go/ not go and more situational awareness issues. He doesn’t make in game adjustments.

plenty to complain about and yet I still think he’s a pretty good coach. If the 45 is a point for plenty of room to grow, I want to see some growth and lessons learned. So far that’s about my biggest issue, he keeps doing the same things over and over and over and I’m not talking about overall philosophy.

disagree completely, "we need to coach better" is taking the blame upon himself. fans will NEVER be happy with what coaches say after losses so it's hard to take this real serious. what could he say that would make you happy? he's literally saying it's on them.
Not true. If a coach says, I made a mistake on this play, or I didn't use my timeout property, or we should have kicked the field goal, that's taking accountability and it does happen. Going for it on 4th down with a Henry counter out of shotgun when we could have made it a one score game with a FG, was stupid. I don't care how you slice it. "We made a decision and needed to execute it better" is not taking responsibility as a HC. But let's say he is taking accountability in front of the players and that's just media speak, fine, but where are the changes? I don't see many adjustments from week to week to make up for past mistakes.

2 of his 4 OCs so far have gone on to be HC, downing was obviously trash but he moved on from him as he should have. and despite everyone being upset since we are losing I think Tim Kelly is the pass-friendly OC we've all been clamoring for since... forever. last week he clearly dialed it back in the 2nd half for whatever reason(OL issues) but in general, I think he has been good. so 3/4 solid OC hires.
one was going to get HC jobs anyway and was actually part of a terrible offense while he was here (maybe another flag against Vrabel). The other struggled at first but did end up being a successful hire. Yes, he was able to find a good one. He did the typical Vrabel thing where he took the easy in-house hire and it happened to work out. That said, he was unable to replace him, which is critical for any defensive HC. He was also unable to keep Peas (who came back out of retirement to coach with Art), Schwartz, and Coombs. Maybe he never had a chance with them, but the result are the same and he's done a questionable job to replace them.

I think Tim Kelly has done a terrible job actually. Doesn't seem to do anything to counter the weakness of the OL. No roll outs or bootlegs, no slants, some screens but they seem to be very confusing at times, too many tosses with Henry, and when Henry finally gets one or two good runs in, he takes him out of the game (again, maybe a flag on Vrabel). All the other crazy coaching shuffling that took place this offseason seems to be a fail.

And our defense hasn't given up more than 27 all season. the problem is the offense, and more specifically, the offensive line. it is terrible, like really bad. maybe a new OL coach is needed and maybe that will happen. WR is pretty real bad too.
Agreed, but it's been bad and instead of finding the best OL coach possible and focusing on bringing in better talent, he hired an in-house nobody and we've gotten worse. That's a questionable decision, at least, if not a terrible.

Again, I'm not saying he's the worst and should get fired. But there's plenty to be critical of. If these things don't change, it's only a matter of time before the Pats can get him for free. We know Amy isn't going to put up with mediocrity.

Being respected does equal being a good coach. He's decent but if you look at the state of the team since 2021 it's been all downhill and honestly it just keeps getting worse. Vrabel took over a team on the rise, the team peaked in talent and Vrabel ALONG with JRob never found talent to replace the talent we lost. Hope Ran is good at his job and can find talent, but I have no hope for Vrabel and his coach style is dated and we need to move to a more modern offense. We got the QB with the arm talent to do it now, don't waste him running and outdated offense.

But you aren’t Robert Kraft. It does not matter what Titan fan thinks when it comes to what others are willing to pay to get him. If Kraft wants to trade for him he thinks he is a very good HC. Why would he want him otherwise? So why would we give him away.

Sure the team declined since 2021. That happens when you have a bad GM and the drafts suck and you give out horrible contracts and get into cap hell. How is that Vrabels fault?

You can hate the guy all you want. The rest of the league thinks he has done a great job here with what he has had to work with. Which means is value is high.

You don’t just give him away because a few fans dislike him. Most don’t.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me just say I would perfectly fine if Vrable was to say "I'm giving 100% of the play calling to Tim Kelly". I think Vrabel interjects himself into situations at the worst times.

I need to know current contract. You bring in somebody new- you have a 3-5 year rebuild. Vrabel has the player culture right. I like his attitude. Culture can go bad fast- like the pats after Brady left.

historically- he’s worth 2 1st rounders. He’s not damaged goods like Payton was. He’s not Parcells level.

so if we have him locked up long term Kraft should 2 1sts. That said he’s going back there as soon as his contract up. If it’s 3 years or less, I’d take a 1st and 2nd only if we’ve got a suitable replacement lined up.

I need to know current contract. You bring in somebody new- you have a 3-5 year rebuild. Vrabel has the player culture right. I like his attitude. Culture can go bad fast- like the pats after Brady left.

historically- he’s worth 2 1st rounders. He’s not damaged goods like Payton was. He’s not Parcells level.

so if we have him locked up long term Kraft should 2 1sts. That said he’s going back there as soon as his contract up. If it’s 3 years or less, I’d take a 1st and 2nd only if we’ve got a suitable replacement lined up.
What AAS needs to do is simply ask Vrable what he wants to do because if its a matter of him wanting out of the Titans as soon as his contract ends then that's a different scenario to have to think about and plan for accordingly.

That said he’s going back there as soon as his contract up. If it’s 3 years or less, I’d take a 1st and 2nd only if we’ve got a suitable replacement lined up.
you think he's going to leave the titans? i dont think so. he's been very open about wanting to stay here, and retire here, in interviews.

there's nothing special about NE anymore other than kraft is there. they are more barren than us and kraft is 82 and could be gone at any moment, leaving him with a new owner.

Vondy likes
8 straight losses
3 straight years of opening game losses bc we don't play starters in preseason
Back to back 1 and dones in playoffs, at home
"Execute better" after literally every press conference
Defenses that play 15 yards off WR and never blitz

Etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back