Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to know current contract. You bring in somebody new- you have a 3-5 year rebuild. Vrabel has the player culture right. I like his attitude. Culture can go bad fast- like the pats after Brady left.

historically- he’s worth 2 1st rounders. He’s not damaged goods like Payton was. He’s not Parcells level.

so if we have him locked up long term Kraft should 2 1sts. That said he’s going back there as soon as his contract up. If it’s 3 years or less, I’d take a 1st and 2nd only if we’ve got a suitable replacement lined up.
Why?
Doug Pederson won in year 2. Sean mcvay went to the SB in year 2. Even Vrabel went to the AFCCG in year 2.

why does a new HC mean rebuild for 3-5 years?

Vondy likes
8 straight losses
3 straight years of opening game losses bc we don't play starters in preseason
Back to back 1 and dones in playoffs, at home
"Execute better" after literally every press conference
Defenses that play 15 yards off WR and never blitz

Etc

8 straight losses
after our qb went out and a developmental qb had to play the rest of the year. context matters.

3 straight years of opening game losses bc we don't play starters in preseason
dont really care about cherry picking opening game losses. he also historically always wins after the bye week, if you want to be dumb

Back to back 1 and dones in playoffs, at home
agree playoffs need to be better. that cinci game was all on tannehill though. should have been a pretty easy win.

"Execute better" after literally every press conference
dont care about what he says at press conferences. means nothing

Defenses that play 15 yards off WR and never blitz
might be true. we have terrible corners though. hard to judge them.

finny likes.... going back to not having a competent coach, but having a few draft picks?
:cool2:

disagree. tim kelly is that change. the offense is different and throws much more with better route combinations.
he shut down in the 2nd half of last week but in general, he's exactly what we've been asking for.

I disagree. We've seen the same general offense since Vrabel arrived. Even with Smith, who was actually successful. We are centered around running the football. If we can't run it and set up PA, we don't have success.

you think he's going to leave the titans? i dont think so. he's been very open about wanting to stay here, and retire here, in interviews.

there's nothing special about NE anymore other than kraft is there. they are more barren than us and kraft is 82 and could be gone at any moment, leaving him with a new owner.
Money could be special in NE and Kraft definitely loves “his” guys.

I agree from the general perspective that there’s nothing special in NE, but to a guy that won SBs with them, played almost his full career with them, is generally appreciated by their ownership (and probably throughout the organization) and a possible willingness to pay a lot for that guy, NE could be special for Vrabel.
That’s even before we discuss any GM possibilities or what he does with the team.

I disagree. We've seen the same general offense since Vrabel arrived. Even with Smith, who was actually successful. We are centered around running the football. If we can't run it and set up PA, we don't have success.
really, have we been running the hell out of zone read this year, which has been a titans staple thru the henry years?

no, no we have not. it is not the same offensive philosophy. obviously we run the ball, we have henry, but the pass game has been much much more opened up.

you think he's going to leave the titans? i dont think so. he's been very open about wanting to stay here, and retire here, in interviews.

there's nothing special about NE anymore other than kraft is there. they are more barren than us and kraft is 82 and could be gone at any moment, leaving him with a new owner.
What else is he going to say? He’s treated well here, but he’d be given royal treatment in Boston.

this may have been posted from NYP.

Patriots have ‘home run’ hire in mind to replace Bill Belichick

really, have we been running the hell out of zone read this year, which has been a titans staple thru the henry years?

no, no we have not. it is not the same offensive philosophy. obviously we run the ball, we have henry, but the pass game has been much much more opened up.

4th least amount pass attempts in the NFL. And this is depsite having to play from behind in almost every game.

Did I say he was so good?

What has Vrabel done that is so convincing that he is a great coach? Winning 9.6 games per year in the worst division in football?
uhhh, winning coach of the year? and the league agreeing that he's been overperforming with the roster?

uhhh, winning coach of the year? and the league agreeing that he's been overperforming with the roster?

LMAO.

So by that logic, Ron Rivera and Jason Garrett are great coaches. Someone should tell that to all the zero teams trying to hire them.

Why?
Doug Pederson won in year 2. Sean mcvay went to the SB in year 2. Even Vrabel went to the AFCCG in year 2.

why does a new HC mean rebuild for 3-5 years?
We’re in rebuild right now. Vrabel players- Vrabel mindset. He’ll take the best of those at contract with him if/when he moves on. It will his replacement a few years to rebuild with his “guts”

We’re in rebuild right now. Vrabel players- Vrabel mindset. He’ll take the best of those at contract with him if/when he moves on. It will his replacement a few years to rebuild with his “guts”
I thought you were talking generalities not this specific situation.
I’d still argue that a new HC doesn’t automatically equal 3-5 years. thanks to parity or just HC selection, a handful of teams have gotten a new HC and we’re right back in the playoff mix within. 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back