Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only player the Titans could realistically deal in a fire sale that would have any value is King Henry. Nobody would want Tanny regardless if he was healthy. Hopkins would fetch a 5th rounder. With Fulton the best the Titans could hope for is a 7th round pick swap just to rid themselves of a player who has appeared to have completely given up and won't be back in 2024. The Titans desperately need draft capital for 2024. Ran is going to have his work cut out for him trying to assemble a serviceable roster for next season.

The only player the Titans could realistically deal in a fire sale that would have any value is King Henry. Nobody would want Tanny regardless if he was healthy. Hopkins would fetch a 5th rounder. With Fulton the best the Titans could hope for is a 7th round pick swap just to rid themselves of a player who has appeared to have completely given up and won't be back in 2024. The Titans desperately need draft capital for 2024. Ran is going to have his work cut out for him trying to assemble a serviceable roster for next season.
We have a lot of money to spend next year too, so most likely very active in free agency while cutting quite a bit of fat on the team

Why?
why do the Titans desperately need draft capital in 24?

they have the important rounds (1/2) and tons of cap room to get FA.

IF Levis plays and shows that he is the man going forward... that opens up a lot of draft trade-down scenarios where we get good players in positions of need and aquire extra picks. I think they pretty much have to see what they've got there to potentially capitalize on the draft and FA.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Chiefs were one of the final teams in the Hopkins FA sweepstakes this summer…Andy Reid has stated that he kept in touch with Hopkins during the off season…at the time of the Hopkins signing the Chiefs did not have the cap space for DHop but now they do since they extended Chris Jones…. The Chiefs need a solid possession type WR…I would be surprised if they didn’t ask around about DHop.

The Chiefs were one of the final teams in the Hopkins FA sweepstakes this summer…Andy Reid has stated that he kept in touch with Hopkins during the off season…at the time of the Hopkins signing the Chiefs did not have the cap space for DHop but now they do since they extended Chris Jones…. The Chiefs need a solid possession type WR…I would be surprised if they didn’t ask around about DHop.

Didn't they just trade for Mecole Hartman?

I don't think they got paid more to be drafted by another team..I'm assuming a rookie contract was still a rookie contract
There was no rookie wage scale back then. Not sure if it was "pay what ever you want" but there wasn't a scale based on draft position like it is now. So in theory, if another team wanted to trade for a player back then, they could say "we're trading for you and we're going to pay you 2 mil more than the team that drafted you wanted to pay you" to get a disgruntled player to play for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back