Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they got paid more to be drafted by another team..I'm assuming a rookie contract was still a rookie contract
Technically they never got drafted by a different team. They were drafted by SD and Baltimore respectively, then rights were traded away despite lack of contract.

it’s almost impossible to know if they would have made more or less money with or without the trade.

Even under the main title “titans need to make trades to gain draft capital”

now this can mean 2 different things:
1. It’s the only way to get draft capital. I agree with this.

or

2. titans NEED to trade for draft capital. I asked in another thread, why? Why do they NEED draft capital?
Team has more holes than Swiss cheese

He literally has asthma......

Exactly…. He literally has no issues breathing. His asthma is controlled and he hasn’t had issues. He has no breathing issues. People with asthma don’t just walk around with breathing issues.

Jerome Bettis
David Beckham
Juwan Howard
Art Monk
Dennis Rodman
Dominique Wilkins …. And on and on have Asthma.

Burks Asthma isn’t an issue.

Team has more holes than Swiss cheese
That’s fine. Certainly needs addressed.

why do they NEED draft capital? They have a 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th, 7th.

unless they’re getting another 1st or 2nd, there’s super little value.
They’ll also have appx $100 mil in cap space to sign some needs.

this is also aside from the many, many young guys on the team that they could just develop instead of replace, which also points out the lack NEED for draft capital.

I'm sure DHop would rather be somewhere else winning. At the same time, if he's cool staying I would rather keep him around than trade him for a 3rd or 4th round pick at best. We will need a good veteran WR for whatever young QB is taking over for Tanne. Hopefully we land Harrison Jr. in the draft and pair him with Hopkins to make it easier for the next QB to succeed in year 1.

I'm sure DHop would rather be somewhere else winning. At the same time, if he's cool staying I would rather keep him around than trade him for a 3rd or 4th round pick at best. We will need a good veteran WR for whatever young QB is taking over for Tanne. Hopefully we land Harrison Jr. in the draft and pair him with Hopkins to make it easier for the next QB to succeed in year 1.
Which QB can throw to him from his ass ?

Even under the main title “titans need to make trades to gain draft capital”

now this can mean 2 different things:
1. It’s the only way to get draft capital. I agree with this.

or

2. titans NEED to trade for draft capital. I asked in another thread, why? Why do they NEED draft capital?
i believe the honeymoon for Ron Carthon has ended a bit early given the titans situation beyond time he has a press conference to address these issues

Last edited by a moderator:
Which QB can throw to him from his ass ?

Tanne is about as mobile as a statue at this point in his career. The OL is bad (well the OTs are bad anyways), but Tanne also has zero escapability anymore. Also, imo we would benefit greatly from moving Skoronski to his natual position of LT, and letting Dillard play G where he is much more suited, but that's a whole nother argument.

realistically, what would Levis need to do for Titan's fans to say "yep, he is our guy"?

I know for me to say that it would take quite a bit, and it just isnt possible with the team we currently have.

We will be looking for a QB at the end of the season, no matter what.

I didn't want Levis in the first place. I don't hold out a ton of hope he will be successful.

However, he's clearly talented so it would be silly not to see what he has. It's highly unlikely the Titans FO is going to move on from a high draft pick so quickly, unless it's a situation like Josh Rosen. So I would get used to the fact that he's probably going to be QB1 in 2024.

Exactly…. He literally has no issues breathing. His asthma is controlled and he hasn’t had issues. He has no breathing issues. People with asthma don’t just walk around with breathing issues.

Jerome Bettis
David Beckham
Juwan Howard
Art Monk
Dennis Rodman

100% correct man! Burke’s asthma is NOT the issue. His vagina is.

Jerome Bettis
David Beckham
Juwan Howard
Art Monk
Dennis Rodman

LOL

Did you just ignore the words “ can make”. It doesn’t say always makes.

I know waaaay more about asthma than you. If treated and controlled it doesn’t always cause issues. Burks has had no reported issues this season. Unless they are calling breathing issues a knee.

Did you just ignore the words “ can make”. It doesn’t say always makes.

I know waaaay more about asthma than you. If treated and controlled it doesn’t always cause issues. Burks has had no reported issues this season. Unless they are calling breathing issues a knee.
Certainly issues last year, and we never hear all the things

Tanne is about as mobile as a statue at this point in his career. The OL is bad (well the OTs are bad anyways), but Tanne also has zero escapability anymore. Also, imo we would benefit greatly from moving Skoronski to his natual position of LT, and letting Dillard play G where he is much more suited, but that's a whole nother argument.
Well, yes NOW he's immobile.

That's why we're looking at Squirrel and the Mayo-King in the starting line up.

I seem to recall Tannehill running a few into the EZ, though. He's no longer the man for the job, but what's the shelf-life of a QB behind that crappy OL anyway? 6-7 games tops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back