Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
As Tom Brady will attest.

The fact of the matter the titans didn't arrive here by accident.

First, they lost Corey Davis and Jonuu Smith to free agency, and the guys they brought it Josh Reynolds and Julio Jones, one of them is not with the team anymore and the other has been injured more than he has played and even when he has played, he is inept.

Jonuu Smith's replacements haven't fared much better, there is nobody on the Tight End team that strikes fear in opponents like Jonuu did.
The titans line is thin and can't stay healthy, and our "star" taylor lewan regularly gets beat when it matters the most.
The titans have two reliable offensive players who ar both injured, and hopefully when they come back, it will once again get the titans to an acceptable offense, which I think it can.

At this point in the season though, I would, rather than worrying about the #1 seed, focus as much as possible on getting our line healthy and getting AJ and Henry back.

It is clear that the super bowl will be the team that can make the fewest mistakes, because most of the contenders all rely on their defense, and passing heavy teams aren't going to win the super bowl.

Also doesn’t help when the QB is mediocre
It doesn't matter how good your qb is if you don't have good protection or skill players who can actually catch th ball.

Tanny made several good long distance throws and not one of them was caught. He also drove down for the game-winning drive only to have penalties rather than good protection.

Again, dump on tanny all you want but the guy is a very good qb with a terrible collection of skill players around him.

It doesn't matter how good your qb is if you don't have good protection or skill players who can actually catch th ball.

Tanny made several good long distance throws and not one of them was caught. He also drove down for the game-winning drive only to have penalties rather than good protection.

Again, dump on tanny all you want but the guy is a very good qb with a terrible collection of skill players around him.
He hasn't been good all season especially after Henry was lost. His arm is shot. If AJ comes back, I am not sure it will help as teams will double him and make Tammy try to throw to others. I feel the RB by committee has be decent on the ground but Tammy has to stop with the turnovers. His int vs Steelers yesterday killed all the momentum.

He hasn't been good all season especially after Henry was lost. His arm is shot. If AJ comes back, I am not sure it will help as teams will double him and make Tammy try to throw to others. I feel the RB by committee has be decent on the ground but Tammy has to stop with the turnovers. His int vs Steelers yesterday killed all the momentum.
Tanne's INT yesterday was a good play by the DE playing contain and looking for the throw. He made a good play. I don't put that on Tanne.

As bad as the skilled players are around Tannehill ( which is the reason they were practice squad players to begin with) he has done nothing to help his situation. He was making poor decisions and costly turnovers when our offense was at full strength. Obviously now it’s gotten worse as has the oline. With the way this team turns the ball over I’m really not sure AJ coming back will make a big difference and as for Henry we may very well be sunk by the time he could play

Tanne's INT yesterday was a good play by the DE playing contain and looking for the throw. He made a good play. I don't put that on Tanne.
I agree but it was not just yesterday. His body of work been pretty poor this season. His turnovers at crucial moments in several games and some of his passes have been bad.

As bad as the skilled players are around Tannehill ( which is the reason they were practice squad players to begin with) he has done nothing to help his situation. He was making poor decisions and costly turnovers when our offense was at full strength. Obviously now it’s gotten worse as has the oline. With the way this team turns the ball over I’m really not sure AJ coming back will make a big difference and as for Henry we may very well be sunk by the time he could play
He had 7 INT before Henry and 7 after Henry was gone.
Of the 13 TO in the last 3 losses, more than half were not THill.

he is not alone and he wasn’t turning the ball over at nearly the same rate when the team was at “full health”.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree but it was not just yesterday. His body of work been pretty poor this season. His turnovers at crucial moments in several games and some of his passes have been bad.
No doubt his play has regressed. He used to be decisive in his decision making. Now he holds onto the ball forever or when does pull the trigger its into double or triple coverage.

He had 7 INT before Henry and 7 after Henry was gone.
Of the 13 TO in the last 3 losses, more than half were not THill.

he is not alone and he wasn’t turning the ball over at nearly the same rate when the team was at “full health”.
So like I said he has not helped himself this year at all. He was averaging an int a game before Henry went out. Bottom line he wasn’t playing that great before his supporting cast went out and now it’s worse with the cast now around him.

Great players elevate those that are around them. Tannehill doesn’t even utilize his top weapons when they are out there. He’d rather throw to Swaim and NWI over AJB & Julio.

Great players elevate those that are around them. Tannehill doesn’t even utilize his top weapons when they are out there. He’d rather throw to Swaim and NWI over AJB & Julio.
You are not wrong! Is he dink and dunk because he lost confidence or is that the game plan by our O.C. When Julio was out there he was still going TE and random WR short of the chains. Golden Tate has to be better than what we have out there right?

Why can we run block pretty well but be so bad at pass blocking? And with mobile qb and oline issues we have, why would you not move the pocket and run more boot legs and let Tanney get outside the numbers with RPO?

Vrable should just go around to each of the players while they’re stretching and give them each a swift kick. I hear that goes over well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back