Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d trade a 4th for Miller. It is basically a 1 yr rental for 1.2 mil cap hit. His numbers really haven’t been that impressive the past 2 yrs but his qb situation hasn’t been great either.

I’m still intrigued by the idea of landing Kenny Golladay. Obviously no team sees him as an elite #1 WR because nobody is offering up a mega deal. The cap situation and the fact that this draft is loaded with top end WRs is certainly playing a factor in his market. The way the cap is this yr it is going to be hard for him to find a team that wants to give him a 1 yr deal over 15mil because that whole 15 mil hits the cap immediately. It is a little risky for him to take a 1 yr deal too because of his injury this yr and the fact that maybe he is a product of the Detroit passing game.

I would offer him a long term deal that would pay him 15mil annually but was structured in such a way that more of his cap hit was taken in 22 and 23. Similar to Dupree’s deal. Currently we have AJ Brown for cheap for 21 and 22 and my goal would be a long term deal with him in which the 1st yr is more team friendly so his 23 season would be cheap too.

Golladay is a more explosive Corey Davis to me. I love the idea of having him and Brown on the outside.

I’d trade a 4th for Miller. It is basically a 1 yr rental for 1.2 mil cap hit. His numbers really haven’t been that impressive the past 2 yrs but his qb situation hasn’t been great either.

It didn't slow Allen Robinson at all. And he was out there all day with the CB1 and safety help. Miller out there getting 6 yards per target on linebackers and safeties.

It didn't slow Allen Robinson at all. And he was out there all day with the CB1 and safety help. Miller out there getting 6 yards per target on linebackers and safeties.
That’s why I’m not giving up much for him. But considering we were paying Humphrey 8mil to be our starting slot WR I’d be okay paying 1.2 mil for a guy who has shown flashes of being a playmaker. He is also in a contract yr which would give him extra motivation. If he balls out and then leaves for a bigger contract then get your 4th rnder back in the comp pick

That’s why I’m not giving up much for him. But considering we were paying Humphrey 8mil to be our starting slot WR I’d be okay paying 1.2 mil for a guy who has shown flashes of being a playmaker. He is also in a contract yr which would give him extra motivation. If he balls out and then leaves for a bigger contract then get your 4th rnder back in the comp pick

I see giving up a 4th as a lot. And you aren't getting a 4th comp for him. Jonnu is supposed to be worth a 4th round comp pick next year.

Use one of the 3rd round picks to draft a slot guy that will be better than him right now.

I see giving up a 4th as a lot. And you aren't getting a 4th comp for him. Jonnu is supposed to be worth a 4th round comp pick next year.

Use one of the 3rd round picks to draft a slot guy that will be better than him right now.

I’m not in love with Miller but like what we would be getting for the cap hit. I’d prefer to really upgrade opposite of AJ with Golladay or an early draft pick.

I think our offense is best with 2 WR sets and either 2 TE or TE/FB ... makes reads for Tanny easier...if they drop extra into box to stop the run check pass....if they don’t then let Henry eat. But you need 2 dangerous WRs to really make it work.

I’m not in love with Miller but like what we would be getting for the cap hit. I’d prefer to really upgrade opposite of AJ with Golladay or an early draft pick.

I think our offense is best with 2 WR sets and either 2 TE or TE/FB ... makes reads for Tanny easier...if they drop extra into box to stop the run check pass....if they don’t then let Henry eat. But you need 2 dangerous WRs to really make it work.

Right now, I think I want to take Bateman or Marshall in the first and then maybe a slot guy day 3. I'd really like Amari Rodgers or Elijah Moore Day 2, but that is probably too much capital at WR. Or we sign whatever last minute free agent that has decent hands.

I just don't see Miller as having anything that we can't get in free agency or the draft. And I definitely don't see him as someone who can play WR2 for us. I mean, he was looked at as a weakness at WR3 for a bad passing team.

Right now, I think I want to take Bateman or Marshall in the first and then maybe a slot guy day 3. I'd really like Amari Rodgers or Elijah Moore Day 2, but that is probably too much capital at WR. Or we sign whatever last minute free agent that has decent hands.

I just don't see Miller as having anything that we can't get in free agency or the draft. And I definitely don't see him as someone who can play WR2 for us. I mean, he was looked at as a weakness at WR3 for a bad passing team.

I agree too much draft capital to fill both wr2 and slot in same draft with sure fire starters.

Golladay and TY Hilton are really the only guys left that I would feel really good about having as our WR2 left in FA

Alshon Jeffery is interesting but his injury history is a huge risk to count totally on him.

Watkins has been injury marred as well and really hasn’t produced in years

anybody else out there that I’m missing???

I’m still intrigued by the idea of landing Kenny Golladay. Obviously no team sees him as an elite #1 WR because nobody is offering up a mega deal. The cap situation and the fact that this draft is loaded with top end WRs is certainly playing a factor in his market. The way the cap is this yr it is going to be hard for him to find a team that wants to give him a 1 yr deal over 15mil because that whole 15 mil hits the cap immediately. It is a little risky for him to take a 1 yr deal too because of his injury this yr and the fact that maybe he is a product of the Detroit passing game.

I would offer him a long term deal that would pay him 15mil annually but was structured in such a way that more of his cap hit was taken in 22 and 23. Similar to Dupree’s deal. Currently we have AJ Brown for cheap for 21 and 22 and my goal would be a long term deal with him in which the 1st yr is more team friendly so his 23 season would be cheap too.

Golladay is a more explosive Corey Davis to me. I love the idea of having him and Brown on the outside.

Agree, Kenny G and Brown on same roster would be disgusting... I dont think we can afford it tho can we?

How much cap do we have... i don't see any contract specs for Jenkins, etc

Golladay and TY Hilton are really the only guys left that I would feel really good about having as our WR2 left in FA

Alshon Jeffery is interesting but his injury history is a huge risk to count totally on him.

Watkins has been injury marred as well and really hasn’t produced in years

anybody else out there that I’m missing???

TY would be perfect to hold us over for 2-3 seasons... wonder what he would demand $ wise... Sammy Watkins would be interesting too

We don't really know what teams are open to trading wr for a pick in order to offload cap. But our GM probably does. One example I've seen speculated is Michael Thomas for a 1st or maybe a 1st plus a late pick.

We would give up a pick or two and pay '21 - $12.8M ‘22 - $15.8M ‘23 - $16.45M ‘24 - $19.7M. We could do it. But, this is an extreme example.

This scenario is not likely, but I bet there are some other options out there that may work for us. Let's see if we get something done. Nobody thought we would get Demarco Murray by trading 4ths until it was announced.

I would love to have A. Miller, but I am bias because I am a Memphis fan. Not sure if his numbers hold up in the NFL at this point.
He actually may be a guy that benefits from a change in scenery...bring him home!

Another guy I like is DeMarcus Robinson

Elijah Moore is a stud. And also may help AJB want to stick around after his rookie deal is up.

He is kinda of small at 5'9" 185lbs, but has great production in the SEC with tons of target competition and is extremely athletic.

We don't really know what teams are open to trading wr for a pick in order to offload cap. But our GM probably does. One example I've seen speculated is Michael Thomas for a 1st or maybe a 1st plus a late pick.

We would give up a pick or two and pay '21 - $12.8M ‘22 - $15.8M ‘23 - $16.45M ‘24 - $19.7M. We could do it. But, this is an extreme example.

This scenario is not likely, but I bet there are some other options out there that may work for us. Let's see if we get something done. Nobody thought we would get Demarco Murray by trading 4ths until it was announced.
That would be YUGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back