Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firing Vrabel is just a bad idea. This team has a few key pieces and they are aging, (DH22, DHop, Simmons) and that's it. We've got a promising young QB, a young LG and that's it. Look at every position. We average or below average talent. JRob was absolutely putrid in his last few years here. He blew the drafts, blew up the cap with over-rated, injured vets. The OL is in shambles.

We're tanking for sure to try to get back on track. It's painful but necessary. Vrabel can keep the culture OK during this time.

We need so many draft picks is isn't funny. I'm convinced they would have traded DH22 and DHop for peanuts except there would have been a fan strike if they did. I hope it doesn't come back to haunt us. We HAVE to nail this draft or we're looking a 3-4 year re-build. If we nail it and the off-season, I think we're looking at a wildcard possibility next year.

Firing the HC is a stupid idea. Yes- he needs to change his staff. But Vrabel was a winner as a player and has taken the team to the AFC championship game. He can get the players to buy in- WHEN he has at least average talent.

I think I need to clarify something. When I said they don't survive the season I was mean the results of the season, not in season. I don't think anybody gets fired in season either.

Downing wasn’t let go because of a DUI. That’s absurd.

Most HCs don’t fire their coaching staffs.
No just the ones that aren’t winning.

Ken Dorsey was just fired in Buffalo.
Byron Leftwich was fired earlier this year Tampa.
Ed Donatell also earlier this year in Minnesota.
That’s just coordinators, teams performing poorly often change assistant coaches.

Firing Vrabel is just a bad idea. This team has a few key pieces and they are aging, (DH22, DHop, Simmons) and that's it. We've got a promising young QB, a young LG and that's it. Look at every position. We average or below average talent. JRob was absolutely putrid in his last few years here. He blew the drafts, blew up the cap with over-rated, injured vets. The OL is in shambles.

We're tanking for sure to try to get back on track. It's painful but necessary. Vrabel can keep the culture OK during this time.

We need so many draft picks is isn't funny. I'm convinced they would have traded DH22 and DHop for peanuts except there would have been a fan strike if they did. I hope it doesn't come back to haunt us. We HAVE to nail this draft or we're looking a 3-4 year re-build. If we nail it and the off-season, I think we're looking at a wildcard possibility next year.

Firing the HC is a stupid idea. Yes- he needs to change his staff. But Vrabel was a winner as a player and has taken the team to the AFC championship game. He can get the players to buy in- WHEN he has at least average talent.

this defense of vrabel taking this team to the AFC championship game i believe is more of a reflection of when vrabel had good coaches like A. Smith, schwartz, etc. Now vrabel has this team ill prepared every week and this team is not coached well we all can see it those good coaches left and the good players left. now getting players who want to play here is going to be more difficult no matter how expensive and nice the new statdium will be. Titans are the most boring and sorry team in the NFL 3-14 can def. happen and is very much in play

No just the ones that aren’t winning.

Ken Dorsey was just fired in Buffalo.
Byron Leftwich was fired earlier this year Tampa.
Ed Donatell also earlier this year in Minnesota.
That’s just coordinators, teams performing poorly often change assistant coaches.

Ken Dorsey is an outlier. Most Coordinators don’t get fired in their 2nd year in season.

Donatelli was fired in off season, not in season.

Leftwich was fired in his 5th year. He was great and looked at for head coaching jobs while he had Brady.

You will be hard pressed to find coaches or coordinators just shooting from the hip fired because a team is under performing at fan expectations.

Last edited by a moderator:
this defense of vrabel taking this team to the AFC championship game i believe is more of a reflection of when vrabel had good coaches like A. Smith, schwartz, etc. Now vrabel has this team ill prepared every week and this team is not coached well we all can see it those good coaches left and the good players left. now getting players who want to play here is going to be more difficult no matter how expensive and nice the new statdium will be. Titans are the most boring and sorry team in the NFL 3-14 can def. happen and is very much in play
Oh - I get it now. Vrabel only responsible for losses.

I personally don't believe everyone on this coaching staff makes it out of this season without getting fired. No matter how bad the player personnel is, the really bad coaching becomes obvious. So who do you think is the first to fall? Or do you think they all make it to next season?

Me? I think Shane Bowen is the 1st to be fired.

Keep Terrell Williams, fire everyone else ASAFP

'Nuff said

Yeah but we're dealing with a new GM and ownership that are not hands on. If anyone gets fired it will be when the season ends.

At this point I don't see any type of benefit to making any changes right now. FO probably wants to make the **** show continue to get a better draft position or really evaluate Vrabel.

Well, only benefit to firing Vrabel now would be to give Terrell Williams a try at head coach to see how he does.

Ken Dorsey is an outlier. Most Coordinators don’t get fired in their 2nd year in season.

Donatelli was fired in off season, not in season.

Leftwich was fired in his 5th year. He was great and looked at for head coaching jobs while he had Brady.

You will be hard pressed to find coaches or coordinators just shooting from the hip fired because a team is under performing at fan expectations.
You should tell this to Matt Canada… haha!

Here is an excerpt from Tomlin after Canada was fired. Sounds like a coach who knows what has to be done and no BS excuses.

"Tomlin said the decision to fire Canada was “mine and mine alone” and called football a “results-oriented business” when explaining why he made the change now. Tomlin said the offensive “improvements were not rapid enough or consistent enough for us to proceed” with Canada in the same role."

Unfortunately, everybody on our staff are buddies with Vrabes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is an excerpt from Tomlin after Canada was fired. Sounds like a coach who knows what has to be done and no BS excuses.

"Tomlin said the decision to fire Canada was “mine and mine alone” and called football a “results-oriented business” when explaining why he made the change now. Tomlin said the offensive “improvements were not rapid enough or consistent enough for us to proceed” with Canada in the same role."

Unfortunately, everybody on our staff are buddies with Vrabes.
I hate s**tsburgh but hard to argue with a HC that has never been sub.500 over a 16 year tenure.

kudos lets recognize Pittsburgh Steeler organization for recognition and ownership that the offense is highly broken and to bring in someone with a different skillset instead of just tanking/giving up on season mistreating the fans. Like the change with the Raiders I believe we'll see a change with the steelers and their offense. The Titans can keep making excuses and ignore the elephants in the room all they want...(kick the can...)

The best part for me is where he said they could not "proceed". In short, "we are not going anywhere with this BS offense. Time to change. NOW"!

If only we could be so lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back