Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're making trades before the deadline, I think we're more worried about this season because the organization feels like it has a really good shot to go far again this post season.

Let's save the offseason for long term moves.
I hope the FO realizes that we aren't going anywhere with the defense we have. JRob and Vrable vastly overestimated.

I hope the FO realizes that we aren't going anywhere with the defense we have. JRob and Vrable vastly overestimated.

They need to ditch the bend but don't break mentality. Were bending over and breaking in half.

Hopefully they stick to what they did the 2nd half of the steelers game..

They need to ditch the bend but don't break mentality. Were bending over and breaking in half.

Hopefully they stick to what they did the 2nd half of the steelers game..
Me to. That mentality is what's leads us to constantly having to win games on the final drive of the game. I'm tired of that chit. I want to dominate for once.

Everson Griffen - Dallas Cowboys - NFL

Everson Griffen!!

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Cowboys have "made it known" DE Everson Griffen is available for trade.

Cowboys probably just gunna give him away at this point ... we need all the pass rushing bodies we can get - at least before another contender like Baltimore swoops in and takes another one.

This would be a solid add for us - price depending obivously.

His 2.5 sacks are 2.5 MORE than Clowney.

Everson Griffen - Dallas Cowboys - NFL

Everson Griffen!!

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Cowboys have "made it known" DE Everson Griffen is available for trade.

Cowboys probably just gunna give him away at this point ... we need all the pass rushing bodies we can get - at least before another contender like Baltimore swoops in and takes another one.

This would be a solid add for us - price depending obivously.

His 2.5 sacks are 2.5 MORE than Clowney.

he comes a lot cheaper...I’d def be down

Not much available. Never really is in the NFL.

Personally, I can't remember the last time we ever did anything coming down to the wire.... I know we were trying to get a WR pretty hard 2 years ago -- Demaryius was it?

And thankfully the Derrick Henry thing fell through...

I'd be thrilled to add Everson Griffen.
But if we need help anywhere, its CB. Hopefully Adoree comes back soon, but Fulton just went down and will likely go on IR. I cant stomach any more 3rd and 12 conversions.

If we're making trades before the deadline, I think we're more worried about this season because the organization feels like it has a really good shot to go far again this post season.

Let's save the offseason for long term moves.

I prefer doing both at the same time

We have to remember that all of these scenarios require us to trade a player or draft pick, and we know JRob acts like 6th and 7th round picks has the same value as a 1st for some stupid fing reason.

Pass rush will start getting home when QB’s don’t have open WR’s as soon as they snap the ball.

We should trade for every DB available
I agree that injuries have messed up the secondary but we saw that a good secondary without a pass rush won’t cut it.
3 years ago we had a healthy, Butler, Ryan, and AJ25, plus Byard and the lack of pass rush is one of the big items that still plagued the victory column.

It’s been proven that a solid pass rush (especially if no blitz is required) helps even a marginal secondary.

There really needs to be a sense of urgency in putting a defense together this year. There's literally no downside since we are already the worse in the league. This season is dead without changes to the defense. We really cant afford to waste this season

In a couple years aj brown will probably get over paid to sign somewhere else, tannehill will hit 35 and Henry will hit 30

We are playing 1-5 bottom of the barrel teams close and the only convincing win was vs the Bill's cuz we got multiple lucky turnovers.

I agree that injuries have messed up the secondary but we saw that a good secondary without a pass rush won’t cut it.
3 years ago we had a healthy, Butler, Ryan, and AJ25, plus Byard and the lack of pass rush is one of the big items that still plagued the victory column.

It’s been proven that a solid pass rush (especially if no blitz is required) helps even a marginal secondary.
There really needs to be a sense of urgency in putting a defense together this year. There's literally no downside since we are already the worse in the league. This season is dead without changes to the defense. We really cant afford to waste this season

In a couple years aj brown will probably get over paid to sign somewhere else, tannehill will hit 35 and Henry will hit 30

We are playing 1-5 bottom of the barrel teams close and the only convincing win was vs the Bill's cuz we got multiple lucky turnovers.
We are only surviving on defense because of turnovers like you stated. Once that dries up Our offense will not be able to makeup the difference

NFL teams don't have windows of success with timespans like other leagues..we can't pussyfoot around and hope things change instead of being aggressive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back