Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I call your guarantee and show you that we are 26th in pressure, 28th in hurries, and 30th in sacks.
2020 NFL Opposition & Defensive Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com

We've also had a bye week, but I stand corrected on that.

However, my point about being attacked with short quick passes and that negating our pass rush stands. That's how teams are beating us because they know we can't stop it. If you think pass rushers should be racking up sacks when DB's are 7+ yards off the LOS against slant routes you need to check back into reality.

We have one less QB hurry than the Rams (one less game played too). I guess they need to upgrade their pass rush too... Or maybe they are converting pressures into sacks because they have legit DB's? I'll let you decide.

More proof.
Pressure percentages:
Rams 19.7%
Bears 19.1%
Titans 19.1%
Browns 19.5%

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt the titans do anything significant but if they do, picking up Gilmore would be my preferred move. Gilmore and a healthy Adoree Jackson would be probably a top 5 corner pairing in the entire NFL, where as Butler and Joseph is probably bottom 5.

Pass rush help would be nice too, but I think that's a significantly lower priority, with worse options available.

How do we know we didnt offer our 6th too, but Dallas took the Lions offer knowing their 6th is likely to be 10+ spots higher than ours?

DAMN!!! Lions got Griffen for a 6th ?!?! I know I know dont overreact but what is JROB doing!!?!?! Our pass rush is trash - knew he was going to be cheap ugh - Lions arent going no where - we cut our trash 7th round QB - so whats a 6 gunna do when you can add a veteran pass rusher - :swear:

Step off the ledge. Y’all are acting like Griffen is an elite pass rusher. He was for maybe 2 years of his career but those years are long gone now and this is a 3-4 defense not a 4-3.

This is not the move to be upset about.

We've also had a bye week, but I stand corrected on that.

However, my point about being attacked with short quick passes and that negating our pass rush stands. That's how teams are beating us because they know we can't stop it. If you think pass rushers should be racking up sacks when DB's are 7+ yards off the LOS against slant routes you need to check back into reality.

We have one less QB hurry than the Rams (one less game played too). I guess they need to upgrade their pass rush too... Or maybe they are converting pressures into sacks because they have legit DB's? I'll let you decide.

More proof.
Pressure percentages:
Rams 19.7%
Bears 19.1%
Titans 19.1%
Browns 19.5%
What?

Your more proof of your point is by percentage? That number is 26th still in press%. They are 28th in “hurry” % too. So this helps prove my point that the pass rush is among the worst in the league.

My point is that that quick throws against the Defensive gameplan is not the CBs but the actual play calling. Them playing off is the coaches calls. We’ve seen that since Vrabel got hired, which includes the season we had the best secondary in the league.

Currently, the CB position is weak because of injuries. AJ25 will return so will Fulton. No one one the roster will improve the pass rush unless the current under performing players just get better.

What?

Your more proof of your point is by percentage? That number is 26th still in press%. They are 28th in “hurry” % too. So this helps prove my point that the pass rush is among the worst in the league.

My point is that that quick throws against the Defensive gameplan is not the CBs but the actual play calling. Them playing off is the coaches calls. We’ve seen that since Vrabel got hired, which includes the season we had the best secondary in the league.

Currently, the CB position is weak because of injuries. AJ25 will return so will Fulton. No one one the roster will improve the pass rush unless the current under performing players just get better.

So you want to totally ignore the fact that we have the same pressure % as the Rams (we’ve played less games that’s why % is a better example) but yet they have 24 sacks and we have 7?

Ive clearly stated why our DB’s are playing so far off the ball. It’s play calling because of our personnel. Go back and watch under Pees. Butler played a TON of press. Adoree is usually about 5-7 yards off the ball. Ryan was close to the LOS (because he blitzed frequently). So you are incorrect.

Titans have never had the best secondary in the league lmao what?? Just stop dude.

AJ25 is the only player who has been missing from the lineup. Fulton just got hurt, so you can’t use that as a reason our secondary has struggled.

Should I also point out that our secondary has been bad since halfway point last season? Or you going to ignore those facts too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back