Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Even including the Oiler history??? Very well could be. I think he ends up clearly above McNair. gawd I’m excited for the next 3-5 years WOOOOO. TANNY TIME

Long way to go before I’d make the decision over Moon.
I think as long as he plays a couple more years here (no reason to expect otherwise) you won’t even have conversation about McNair in Titans history.
Adding Oilers, despite the AVI around here, Dan Pastorini was pretty good.
I’d also bring up Blanda. Completely different eras and even leagues as he was still AFL.
Just no way I could say THill is the best after essentially 15 games.

Long way to go before I’d make the decision over Moon.
I think as long as he plays a couple more years here (no reason to expect otherwise) you won’t even have conversation about McNair in Titans history.
Adding Oilers, despite the AVI around here, Dan Pastorini was pretty good.
I’d also bring up Blanda. Completely different eras and even leagues as he was still AFL.
Just no way I could say THill is the best after essentially 15 games.
But.. it’s not 15 games. He’s flashed this, a lot, in Miami. And seems to have put it altogether along with a damn good coach and decent GM. Remember he is like top 4 all times in yards thrown through first 4 years or whatever

But.. it’s not 15 games. He’s flashed this, a lot, in Miami. And seems to have put it altogether along with a damn good coach and decent GM. Remember he is like top 4 all times in yards thrown through first 4 years or whatever
I agree but aim not going to count his Miami flashes as reason to call him the best here. If that were the case, hasselbeck is the “best titans QB”. People will argue McNair over him too, but career wise, he was really good.

unfortunately yards aren’t everything either. He’s got more than that for sure, but even Bortles was a top QB in yards 1 year.

I agree but aim not going to count his Miami flashes as reason to call him the best here. If that were the case, hasselbeck is the “best titans QB”. People will argue McNair over him too, but career wise, he was really good.

unfortunately yards aren’t everything either. He’s got more than that for sure, but even Bortles was a top QB in yards 1 year.
I’m just sayin I see no reason he’d turn it down is all. WOOOOO WE GOT A QB!!!

Nope.

Thus far? Arguable... but Moon holds that spot, for now.

No player will ever be the "best ever", unless the team actually ended.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is playing at an elite level right now. 120 QB rating, 70% completion rate, 6 TDs in two games with zero ints. We have bigger concerns right now with the defense and OL if we want to be an elite team.

Waaaaay too early to be having this conversations. That said, I voted yes. Why? Because I'm a Titans fan and I like being optimistic. He's definitely making a case for best QB in this short amount of time. Might as well hope and expect to keep it going.

Going to need multiple years of consistency to pass Moon.

Doubt it, he's too old. If he spent his entire career here, he'd have a good shot. He's 32. Unless you're a truly elite QB, you really start to go downhill in your 30s. Quarterback Age Curves

View attachment 17779

If he wins us a super bowl, sure.
Lol what is this even measuring?? Just random percentages?

wbqxe6p74cp41.png

He has the potential to win that spot if he wins a sb. McNair dealt with so much and still made the titans a team that was competitive every year, even with the most overrated coach in the history of any sport. A complete joke of a coach/gm and he still won and took us to a sb. If we had a paper sack as a coach during the McNair days, we'd probably have 2 rings. But, tanny is really good and very underestimated, he could win that top spot.

Tanny 2020, got my vote

He has the potential to win that spot if he wins a sb. McNair dealt with so much and still made the titans a team that was competitive every year, even with the most overrated coach in the history of any sport. A complete joke of a coach/gm and he still won and took us to a sb. If we had a paper sack as a coach during the McNair days, we'd probably have 2 rings. But, tanny is really good and very underestimated, he could win that top spot.

Tanny 2020, got my vote
I somewhat disagree on your take of Fisher.
Yes over rated. No, not very good.

1 thing I give him a little credit for is his surprise plays, one of which was extremely key and probably more memorable during the SB run than the actual SB game.

Unfortunately that’s also another strike against him, he rarely pulled out successful surprise plays at an appropriate time and once teams saw it, that was it.
The example I can think of was that fake punt run in the HoF preseason game against Buffalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back