Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tannenhill has been ballin' out but let's put some more respect on McNair's name. Tannenhill plays in a pass friendly era, of course he's going to put up better numbers.

Nowhere close to Warren Moon. If Moon let it go, you expected it to be caught every single time before you even saw the WR on camera. 70, 000 passing yards. It was sick. No HOF wide receivers either.

Tannehill looks sharp, but he threw for 76 yards in two playoff games. He has to do it when it counts.

McNair had one or two good seasons, and was clutch. Tannehill can catch McNair with a couple of playoff runs and a superbowl.

Am I missing something here? Moon is in the hall of fame and Tannehill is def not a hall of fame qb. The tannehill McNair argument remains to be seen

I like Tanne but being the greatest Titans era QB isn't a really high bar.

McNair was the closest thing to a great QB the Titans have had and let's face it, he wasn't all that great. He was great for Titans fans but no one else would likely put him in that column.

.......Tannehill looks sharp, but he threw for 76 yards in two playoff games. He has to do it when it counts.....

You make it sound like he struggledin those games.

He came up with some huge plays at critical times throughout the games, called a great game knowing when to run ir pass audibke out of bad plays, and generally was masterful in leading the team.

It wasnt like he was failing at what he was doing- he was doing everything right.

Sorry you missed all that- hope you can watch this year! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nowhere close to Warren Moon. If Moon let it go, you expected it to be caught every single time before you even saw the WR on camera. 70, 000 passing yards. It was sick. No HOF wide receivers either.

Tannehill looks sharp, but he threw for 76 yards in two playoff games. He has to do it when it counts.

McNair had one or two good seasons, and was clutch. Tannehill can catch McNair with a couple of playoff runs and a superbowl.
The entire history of the franchise has no HoF WR unless you count:
Randy Moss
Steve Largent (drafted by but never played for Houston)
Charlie Joiner -first 2 1/2 years in Houston.

pointing out Moon had no HoF WRs is a moot point. no one else did either.

Well, he has to make the hall of fame to pass Moon, so he has a very long ways to go. I highly doubt at the end of his career he is better than warren moon. And can you imagine Moon playing today with these rules. And give him all those years he played in Canada in the NFL because today he wouldn’t have had to play in the CFL.

He could definitely be better than McNair But not there yet.

The entire history of the franchise has no HoF WR unless you count:
Randy Moss
Steve Largent (drafted by but never played for Houston)
Charlie Joiner -first 2 1/2 years in Houston.

pointing out Moon had no HoF WRs is a moot point. no one else did either.

Except that he has 70,000 yards without one, which underlines, bold faces, and underscores how great he was. nobody else in franchise history even scratches that. If you have no help and make the Hall of Fame with ease, whoa!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tannehill's no where near as good as Steve Mcnair. In all honestly, if you watch the play by play, Tannehill is only effective when teams are keying in on stopping the run. If the run blocking does not improve soon (although it was better this week), teams will start to play back and have less guys in the box.

Last game alone, I saw many points left out there on the field because Tannehill keyed in on a receiver before the ball was snapped. There was an out route that he threw that was nearly intercepted before the long field goal to win it. On that play he didn't even commit to the fake handoff on the play action, #13 would've been wide open over the middle if he faked the hand off properly. Instead, Tanne looked down the out route and the DB jumped, nearly got a pick six.

There are a million other things I've noticed watching Tanne, but it doesn't matter, the team's 3-0 and these problems won't hurt the Titans until the playoffs (although Pittsburg next week will be a serious test).

Put Steve Mcnair on this team and the last three games would all be blowouts in favor of the Titans.

I like Tanne but being the greatest Titans era QB isn't a really high bar.

McNair was the closest thing to a great QB the Titans have had and let's face it, he wasn't all that great. He was great for Titans fans but no one else would likely put him in that column.
So many posters were just kids when McNair played and their memories are formed from that viewpoint.

Except that he has 70,000 yards without one, which underlines, bold faces, and underscores how great he was. nobody else in franchise history even scratches that. If you have no help and make the Hall of Fame with ease, whoa!
I don’t see anyone here disagreeing with moon being the top franchise guy.

My only point was him killing it without a HoF WR is irrelevant to the other franchise QBs because none have had any.

This is such a ridiculous thread. Almost impossible to compare QB’s in different eras now. Especially Moons era to now. Game is so different.

Plus we’ve got a HOF’er and an MVP in our franchise’s history. Tannehill isn’t doing either of those things.

He’s a solid above average QB. He’s played lights out for the majority of the 16 games he’s started with us. No complaints about his play (even though he was not great yesterday against a bad defense) but this thread is pointless. Tannehill won’t even be close unless he plays until he’s 40 at this high of a level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back