Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard the same thing about Leinart
leaving Cutler as the top QB who'll actually throw
(can you say stock-rising boys and girls ?)

This may belong on another thread. I love Cutler and all but the media is setting him up for a titanic collapse.
Oh and don't let the free time before the draft fool you. I believe Vince is our pick.

who cares if Young is at the combine. It seems more and more that players are holding there own combines so they are the star of the show.

Personally I hope Young flops in his. I do not think he is the QB of the future for the Titans. Running QB's don't survive that long.

Man... Young is nothing more than Hype. I'm have little hope that the Titans' would consider Cutler at three... or for some reason Leinart falls to three. I know people don't agree with me, but Cutler is the real deal. It's been reported that Young will only being doing interveiws at the combine... which I'm asuming is a directive by his agent Bus Cook.

Troupe4Prez said:
Two words.... Randall Cunningham
What did Cunningham do other than make a few highlight reels. Michael Vick, Andre Ware, Kordell Stewart, Donovan McNabb, Akili Smith, Eric Crouch fall in the same category.

No way do you take Cutler at #3. He is a good QB, but he is also is the "sexy pick" right now. Just because Young runs, doesn't mean he will automatically fail. The kid can pass. You don't lead the nation in passing eff. without being able to pass with accuracy. As far as not passing at the combine, why should the top QBs throw. There is no advantage for Young or Leinhart to throw there. Why risk having to depend on WR's who don't know you or vice versa? You throw at your pro day with WR that know the routes and you have timing with. Makes perfect business sense to me.

If we get a Randal Cunningham out of Vince Young I would be ecstatic!! I would take that at number three any day of the year. I wouldn't mind a Donovan McNabb either. By the way, Akili Smith was not a scrambling quarterback at all. He could move a little but his strong arm and throwing ability is what people loved about him. I am an Oregon Duck fan and I can promise you Akili was not a good runner.

I'm wondering if Young has conceded he will not the the 1st pick in the draft now that Carr has been signed for 3 more years. The Texans had an option to give Carr a lower bonus and only have him signed for 2 more years but went for the 3 years which really points to them taking Bush.

titanduck77 said:
I seen on espn news that Vince might decide not too. do you guys know anything about this?
Bush, Leinart, and Young would be crazy to do anything more than check in and do a few interviews at the combine. Three to be exact.

Titanpride said:
What did Cunningham do other than make a few highlight reels. Michael Vick, Andre Ware, Kordell Stewart, Donovan McNabb, Akili Smith, Eric Crouch fall in the same category.

That list is beyond ridiculous.

If my son was considered to be a top 3 or so pick, I wouldn't have him do any kind of big workout at the combine. It can only hurt you more than anything when you are a high draft pick. Cutler needs to because he is still trying to move up the chart, but just because he does workout doesn't make him "the best" QB out there. Cutler at #3 would be stupid.

VolnTitan said:
Why risk having to depend on WR's who don't know you or vice versa? You throw at your pro day with WR that know the routes and you have timing with. Makes perfect business sense to me.

won't the rookie QB have to do that his 1st yr as Pro? Most QB's can look good if they only throw to WR's they have played with all yr. Show me what you got when you have to throw to players you haven't seen before.

These QB's go to the Senior Bowls, East/West games in hope of show casing their talent and they are doing it with players from other teams.

What a copout :sad2:

They should make it mandatory to attend all drills if you elect to go to the combine.

As a scout I would definetly look negatively upon anyone who chooses not to work out, compared to someone who's willing to give it his best, but maybe is a little dissapointing. To me there's more to a player than just skill; work ethics, heart and desire are big factors in my book. Oh and proving you're not just in it for the money would help too.

VolnTitan said:
If my son was considered to be a top 3 or so pick, I wouldn't have him do any kind of big workout at the combine. It can only hurt you more than anything when you are a high draft pick. Cutler needs to because he is still trying to move up the chart, but just because he does workout doesn't make him "the best" QB out there. Cutler at #3 would be stupid.
Young got ripped by some in the national media for competing in that contest thing before the Super Bowl.

Ewker...

This isn't about impressing the fans, this is about making the cash. If a QB goes to the combine and doesn't throw well for what ever reason, including not having repore with the WR, he loses money. Period. That is what it is all about. You want to put yourself in the best possible situation if you are a top 3-4 pick because you only have down to go. Leinhart or Young are both top 3 picks right now...why do they have to go "showcase their talent" at the East/West shrine bowl? A QB like Cutler, Whitehurst, Croyle show up because they have alot of room to move up. It is called being smart.

so he drops from the #3 pick to the # 10 pick because he can't connect with a WR...wow I think I could live off the money a #10 pick gets.

you have to prove yourself to the scouts and coaches also. They want to see what all the QB's can do under the same situations

Jeff...

Absolutely...and his agent was a fool for letting him play in that thing even if it didn't hurt him. All it ended up doing was showing how athletically gifted he is.

I do find it funny how the Kipers of the world raked Young for participating in that because of the big risk of hurting his draft status, but yet dog on him for perhaps not throwing at the combine.

Ewker said:
These QB's go to the Senior Bowls, East/West games in hope of show casing their talent and they are doing it with players from other teams.
Most of them have nothing to lose (as in $$$). The guys at the top do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back