Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

If the chargers are really considering moving Alt to G (it seems more RT not G) then the case could be made.
But I agree, probably not true.
I do believe Latham may have been their assumed choice all along because they thought Alt would be gone, chargers or not.

Schefter says that the Giants really really wanted Alt.... they were just smoke screening about wanting a QB to try and get a team to trade up with the Chargers so that they could get Alt.

These are terrible takes.

to pretend like the titans had no plans if Alt went before pick 7 is to assume complete and total Incompetence for this organization.
So the Alt pick didn’t mean crap either way.

That assumes they wanted Alt ahead of Latham. Just because some fans assumed he was their number 1 doesn't mean he was

I saw many mocks with Latham going top 5 to the Chargers. Could the Titans have wanted Alt? Yes, but that's not saying JC Latham isn't good or better than the rest available. In fact NFL.com had Latham graded #1 OT

Peter Schrager 2024 NFL mock draft 2.0: Six QBs among first 13 picks; Eagles, Chiefs, Lions trade up
NFL.com had him at 5

Coaching staff had their choice outside of Alt at 7, who was never an option for the Titans realistically. No way should we have traded up to get him. Think most realized we were going to take what fell to us.

And people assume we could have trade down.

Crying about not trading down is the new "why didn't they trade Vrabel"

Guessing I'm in the minority of those who like this year's draft class.

I like it

Don't love it. They would have had to trade up for MHJ for me to love it. And it's not as wonderful as last year when we finally got Guard in the first. But I like it.

Interesting article, Alt was hoping to be a Titan

Chargers stealing Joe Alt from AFC foe proves LA made right call staying at No. 5

What team was it? The Tennessee Titans at No. 7.

"I met with Coach Callahan down in Tennessee. The biggest thing that hit me was it's very black-and-white in how he coaches. He laid out very specific things that he wants for me. It was a great coaching scheme and you know exactly what he wants and how to fix it if you do it wrong. All the visits I had, he was the best.

Interesting article, Alt was hoping to be a Titan

Chargers stealing Joe Alt from AFC foe proves LA made right call staying at No. 5

What team was it? The Tennessee Titans at No. 7.

"I met with Coach Callahan down in Tennessee. The biggest thing that hit me was it's very black-and-white in how he coaches. He laid out very specific things that he wants for me. It was a great coaching scheme and you know exactly what he wants and how to fix it if you do it wrong. All the visits I had, he was the best.
I think I like Latham better. Alt looks tiny

It pretty much tells you who our coach wanted. I am surprised Alt told anyone he wanted to come here, unless he mentioned it before the draft

It pretty much tells you who our coach wanted. I am surprised Alt told anyone he wanted to come here, unless he mentioned it before the draft
How does that tell who our coach wanted?
Do you mean they wanted Alt?
Latham could have been 2nd on our draft board. We could have traded up for Alt but I didn't think we would with no 3rd rounder

How does that tell who our coach wanted?
Do you mean they wanted Alt?
Latham could have been 2nd on our draft board. We could have traded up for Alt but I didn't think we would with no 3rd rounder
I don’t think they give a thought about trading up and hoped they would get Alt as 7th.
I don’t know Alt was their first choice but I think that Alt believed he was and at least had a hint they wanted him
I think I like Latham better but didn’t know much about him before he was drafted

Latest posts

Back