Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
By misses, I meant high draft picks that are no longer on the roster, which is most of them. Hit percentage on first and second round picks should be pretty high.

You have to bang away on the lines with early picks, both sides of the ball. It’s the boys up front that really win and lose games for you. It’s always been the big boys.

By misses, I meant high draft picks that are no longer on the roster, which is most of them. Hit percentage on first and second round picks should be pretty high.

Going to be hard to re sign every high pick worthy of an extension with a $30 million QB and a top paid RB. Gotta pick and choose your battles sometimes.

Our core players all JRob high draft picks sprinkled in with some FA signings.

Core players:
Henry
AJB
Julio (2nd round pick)
Tannehill (4th round pick)
Simmons
Byard
Dupree (FA signing)
Landry
Lewan (wasn’t JRob pick)

The problem is no one complaining here is prepared to compare JRob to other GM’s in the league. JRob has had his misses for sure. Not re signing any 1st round picks so far is tough. But compare him to any other GM in the league. I think you’d be hard pressed to find a lot of guys who’ve built a better roster. Especially GM’s who have been doing it as long as he has and you can fairly judge draft picks.

Man you come across as a douche sometimes. .like no one else is allowed an opinion...the almighty Soxcat has spoken

I was talking in general fans terms when we missed on Wilson and then we take a RT in round 2... "a North Dakota State guy who played only one game last year should come in and start at RT?" maybe should not have been taken in 2? He's been called a reach by a few people that have down the research as you put it... probably reached because of the whiff on Wilson
Lol yup!

but I don’t necessarily agree with your Radunz take.

Lol yup!

but I don’t necessarily agree with your Radunz take.
That's fine, it's a message board, different opinions...I don't expect everyone to agree with my views or each other's but to get critical and come across as a know it all and what they have to say is right and someone else is dumb is not necessary.

I like many didn't like the Radunz pick in 2... especially after the Wilson pick and what I've read about him being better suited as a Guard, I think it comes across as a reach and panic move due to the Wilson whiff. Pre-draft reports say he lacks maturity and poor practice habits?
Hope he turns out.

Evans looking like a miss for me too.
I like Evans but Robinson has been good at finding backup skill players on the waiver wire and FA. Everyone he's drafted in round 3 except Taylor has been a starter, and it Seems that will be the case with Molden and eventually Rice. A committee RB just wasn't a good value in the third round, unless he can eventually stay healthy and take a significant number of snaps

We also need to take in to account that JR traded a done Jurrell Casey and turned that 7th round pick into a 6th in 2021 and got Brady Breeze. We got something for a player who didn’t ever play again. Plus the salary cap relief.

Who knows what Breeze will be, but it’s more than Casey was going to be.

These are the types of deal GMs make that they should be judged on.

I don’t think the pressure is off yet. He better step it up or there will be another promising prospect in his chair. The roster changes all season long. JR constantly churning the PS.

yeah but it can and should be avoided. Covid may have had a lot to do with the lack of in person interviews and subtle clues that an interviewer can pick up on. So I'm not as bent as the big blunder he had with Dodd. And JRob should make whoever gave Wilson and Dodd a rec aware that their word is now worth dirt. At the very least.

Ahhhhh, we haven't even started the season yet and we have empty headed posters talking like Radunz is a bust. Let the kid get into year 2 before making such ridiculous comments. JRob signed Lamm and had Quess and Sambrailo (two guys that played LT last year) on the roster. Also, there is nothing wrong with Radunz attitude which was the issue with Wilson and Dodd anyway.

Here is reality. JRob knew he could take an OT based on potential and not have force the kid to start in year one because he had other options.

Here is something interesting to learn from:
"Pretty much all of the Lions rookies have looked pretty good... except the one the team took with the draft’s seventh pick. Penei Sewell has struggled during the preseason. PFF gave him a 38.6 grade on 60 total preseason snaps. What’s worse is that he graded out at 27—yes, 27—in pass blocking. He nearly got Tim Boyle killed against the Colts."
Preseason Overreactions: Penei Sewell is the only Lions rookie struggling - Pride Of Detroit

I guess Sewell is a bust?

Ahhhhh, we haven't even started the season yet and we have empty headed posters talking like Radunz is a bust. Let the kid get into year 2 before making such ridiculous comments. JRob signed Lamm and had Quess and Sambrailo (two guys that played LT last year) on the roster. Also, there is nothing wrong with Radunz attitude which was the issue with Wilson and Dodd anyway.

Here is reality. JRob knew he could take an OT based on potential and not have force the kid to start in year one because he had other options.

Here is something interesting to learn from:
"Pretty much all of the Lions rookies have looked pretty good... except the one the team took with the draft’s seventh pick. Penei Sewell has struggled during the preseason. PFF gave him a 38.6 grade on 60 total preseason snaps. What’s worse is that he graded out at 27—yes, 27—in pass blocking. He nearly got Tim Boyle killed against the Colts."
Preseason Overreactions: Penei Sewell is the only Lions rookie struggling - Pride Of Detroit

I guess Sewell is a bust?

thats all good and everything but my comments were regarding Wilson and how it’s simply unacceptable to miss that badly. Empty headed readers might easily infer something else :)smile)

Not sure it makes much difference how you miss. A guy simply doesn't want to play or a guy tries real hard and still sucks. Not acceptable either way. In this case Radunz is going to try. Now wait to see how that works out by giving the kid some time. He might end up like Dodd but we certainly don't know that now.

thats all good and everything but my comments were regarding Wilson and how it’s simply unacceptable to miss that badly. Empty headed readers might easily infer something else :)smile)

Sure and JRob admitted that and moved on from the mistake.

What more are you supposed to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back