Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is arguably the most talented Titans team ever and we’ve got a Canadian in here complaining that JRob is still employed by the team. Lolol can’t make this stuff up.
I don't agree with him but what does being Canadian have to do with it?
Some dumbazz comments coming from South of the border too

For once I’m just glad that there’s enough talent that JRob doesn’t have to hang onto a 4th round pick too long and hope that they develop into something.

This is such a flawed argument.

Every GM in the league can make good FA signings. There are 20+ candidates out there not currently in GM roles who could also make good signings. Just because JRob improved the team in some areas doesn't mean that he's the ONLY person capable of improving the team.

JRob has made more absolutely disastrous draft decisions than most GMs make in a career.

If you accept that level of incompetence and convince yourself you can't possibly do any better, that's a loser mindset.

Not a flawed argument. You're the only one arguing it. Everyone else is pretty much content with JRob and what he's accomplished. I guess you're just an overachiever.

I don't agree with him but what does being Canadian have to do with it?
Some dumbazz comments coming from South of the border too

Well you “hit the target” on his why does JRob have a job comment. But yeah it’s true there are locals who think the same thing about JRob.

I really thought we put this behind us after the Julio trade but I guess some people have short memory.

First of all, Dez has better preseason stats than pretty much every WR people wanted us to take with that pick. 58 yds and 1 TD in 2 games is better than Amon Ra, Darden and Wallace.

Secondly, we can assume Jrob didn’t know we would get Julio mother freaking Jones and that Rodgers and Johnson would play as well as they have.

In reality, it wasn’t a lousy pick, we just have so much depth at WR that we can afford to cut him and see if we can get him to the PS.

It’s a balls move cutting him right now, but it was the correct move.

JRob blew the pick and it is compounded by trading up for him....if it was just a miss in the late 4th rnd then no big deal, but giving up precious draft capital and whiffing on the pick is bad.

The Wilson pick is also a major stain as were the Beasley and Clowney picks

I certainly give JRob tons of credit for building up our roster the way he has. No GM is perfect...they all have their stains...what I love is that JRob isn't afraid to admit his mistakes.

Well you “hit the target” on his why does JRob have a job comment. But yeah it’s true there are locals who think the same thing about JRob.

I really thought we put this behind us after the Julio trade but I guess some people have short memory.
Meant to hit unreadable..still no need for the Canadian comment whether I agree with him or not

Meant to hit unreadable..still no need for the Canadian comment whether I agree with him or not

Comment wasn’t meant to be controversial. Sorry if you took it some other way. I would have said Texan if he was from Texas. Was just stating part of his GoTitans name in my comment.

Without the addition of Jones Dez would have made the cut.

And if Jrob had known that we were going to get Jones before the draft, he probably would have never drafted his guy either.

At least he’s not afraid to cut bait and run. Better to have the best players than keep someone around just because you’re too bullheaded to admit you were wrong.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Dez on the practice squad at all. In fact, I think you can bank on it with the expanded number now.

Not even sure they want him on the PS. We can put Kinsey (if he clears) on there and also have all the other teams WR cuts to choose from. No reason to give him any benefit just because we drafted him at this point.

Not even sure they want him on the PS. We can put Kinsey (if he clears) on there and also have all the other teams WR cuts to choose from. No reason to give him any benefit just because we drafted him at this point.

Racey might be headed toward the practice squad as well when he gets off the covid list.

One GM in the entire NFL has gotten a total of 3 career snaps from a first-round pick.

That same GM just cut a player he used three draft picks to obtain.

If you can't see those are fireable offenses that other teams don't commit, you are too far gone.

If the GM of an elite team did that, fans would be lining up outside the team HQ with pitchforks.

But Titans fans are so used to being a joke of a franchise that they finally get a tiny hint of success and suddenly want to make the architect of that minor success GM for life.

This is how bad teams operate. JRob definitely made some good moves and helped bring this team back to relevance, but his growing list of huge blunders is likely to prevent the Titans from ever reaching the Super Bowl level.

At some point you need to make a front-office move that will take the team to that final level. You say thanks to JRob and find someone to elevate. There are plenty of good candidates, but if you live in a world there JRob can do no wrong then if course you don't see them.

One GM in the entire NFL has gotten a total of 3 career snaps from a first-round pick.

If you can't see those are fireable offenses that other teams don't commit, you are too far gone.

If the GM of an elite team did that, fans would be lining up outside the team HQ with pitchforks.

But Titans fans are so used to being a joke of a franchise that they finally get a tiny hint of success and suddenly want to make the architect of that minor success GM for life.

This is how bad teams operate. JRob definitely made some good moves and helped bring this team back to relevance, but his growing list of huge blunders is likely to prevent the Titans from ever reaching the Super Bowl level.

At some point you need to make a front-office move that will take the team to that final level. You say thanks to JRob and find someone to elevate. There are plenty of good candidates, but if you live in a world there JRob can do no wrong then if course you don't see them.

JRob definitely messed up with Wilson I’m sure he owns that and Dez well who really cares you win some you lose some. You should be excited that there’s enough talent on this team that they didn’t have to hang onto a 4th round pick and hope he develops into something. Why would the Titans fire a GM that has them competing for the first time in a very long time! He turned this team around from mediocrity. Now they have a legitimate shot at a Super Bowl it would be stupid to fire JRob.

Wow, that's a little harsh. yes, the Wilson pick was bad. It was also a very unusual circumstance. Virtually every player since Pop Warner dreams to play on Sunday. Training camp is full of guys desperate to make the team or at least the practice squad. And yet this one guy decides that after the draft and depositing his first year paycheck just to quit. Most of the time when you investigate players, it's all about work ethic, because that does change from player to player. But not wanting to be there at all? Does anyone actually ask that question? Yes, I do think this could have gotten flushed out before the pick, so I'm not letting JRob entirely off the hook on this and I don't think he would either. But this situation is incredibly rare.

After that, some players work out early in the NFL transition, some take more time, and most never make it. We need to be reminded sometimes as Titans fans that Derrick Henry was a middling player here before becoming King Henry. Tannehill was just ok at Miami. We can hope that Farley, Radunz and Fitzpatrick (assuming he's on the PQ) do better over time. But we won't know for a while. And right now, the Titans have been a winning team under JRob's tenure. And that's the metric you usually judge GMs by.

Last edited by a moderator:

He's made some bad decisions, sure. All GMs have. What's the end result? Playoffs.

Take it somewhere else.

You mean like drafting Jordan Love when you have the reining MVP?

So let's fire JRob and replace him with who?

JR, as I have said previously, is upper middle tier of GMs. He has some obvious blind spots in evaluations, but must get a ton of credit from turning us from a very mediocre to poor team to a competitive one in just a few short years. He will always make a “too cute” pick that busts, just like every other GM in the league. But he will improve the roster year over year. He is sort of like a HR hitter who can get you 45 HRs every year, but bats .258. He swings for the fences and sometimes whiffs, but many times clears the fence by a mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back