Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
trade up for QB or trade out so we have picks next year for QB

until we get QB this team is stuck in neutral at best and the rest of the division could very realistically have lawrence/young/stroud next year and beyond.... if we end up in that spot this team is screwed for more than just next season
Until you have any protection for a QB, a QB does no good. I’m sure it’s still referred to as David Carr disease, but that’s what happens.

Until you have any protection for a QB, a QB does no good. I’m sure it’s still referred to as David Carr disease, but that’s what happens.
you have to get the QB. you dont get many opportunities to do so. if we rebuild the OL and they look nice we'll be sitting at 15-20 again at best and be unable to get a qb. thus continuing this vicious cycle of mid-level football in nashville.

OL can be built outside of the 1st round, QBs (usually) cannot.

we have the 11th pick, probably the best we will have in a while if we continue down this lame duck path we seem to be on. strike while you are in range and build out the OL as needed after. obviously OL would be the next most important thing but QB is #1.

or trade out and get extra picks to trade up for qb in the future.

you have to get the QB. you dont get many opportunities to do so. if we rebuild the OL and they look nice we'll be sitting at 15-20 again at best and be unable to get a qb. thus continuing this vicious cycle of mid-level football in nashville.

we have the 11th pick, probably the best we will have in a while if we continue down this lame duck path we seem to be on. strike while you are in range and build out the OL as needed after. obviously OL would be the next most important thing but QB is #1.

The problem with this theory is proven with the past.
Top 10 QB picks in MM8 and VY did nothing but set the franchise back.

We see time and time again, that even mediocre QBs can do big things with an OL. THill is a great example but let’s look in Seattle at what made Geno Smith so successful.
Get an OL, protect THill, use the weapons they have (hooper, Chig, even Burks we’re all under utilized)

I'd be for that if we don't take a Guard. Malik sure ain't the answer if he was beat out by Sloth from the Goonies.

View attachment 20406

The rook could sit for a year behind Tanny, Patrick Mahomes style

We see time and time again, that even mediocre QBs can do big things with an OL. THill is a great example but let’s look in Seattle at what made Geno Smith so successful.
Get an OL, protect THill, use the weapons they have (hooper, Chig, even Burks we’re all under utilized)

We still have a crap OC because Vrabel doesn't replace coaches

I'd field calls to trade back. We have several holes even more once we make cuts. Get a couple extra picks if a team wants to trade up.

Geno Smith has been in the league for 10 years. And finally got in the right system. Mediocre QBs rarely win SBs. I'd rather take the chance at QB. You can build an OL through FA.

Geno Smith has been in the league for 10 years. And finally got in the right system. Mediocre QBs rarely win SBs. I'd rather take the chance at QB. You can build an OL through FA.
“Right system” = OL and a decent run game.

Certainly didn’t hurt to have metcalf and lockett.

“Right system” = OL and a decent run game.

Certainly didn’t hurt to have metcalf and lockett.

No. Geno Smith has the same tools as his predecessor. He was a perfect fit for their system. If he goes to another team, even a team with a decent OL and weapons, he will likely have a worse year.

A decent OL isn't going to magically turn our team into a SB contender. Tanne has proven he can't win big games, even when he has a decent OL play.

Also Joe Burrow and the Bengals are evidence you can be very successful with the right QB and a shitty line. Mahomes in 2020 had a horrendous OL too. Went 14-2 and lost in the SB.

No. Geno Smith has the same tools as his predecessor. He was a perfect fit for their system. If he goes to another team, even a team with a decent OL and weapons, he will likely have a worse year.

A decent OL isn't going to magically turn our team into a SB contender. Tanne has proven he can't win big games, even when he has a decent OL play.

Also Joe Burrow and the Bengals are evidence you can be very successful with the right QB and a ****** line. Mahomes in 2020 had a horrendous OL too. Went 14-2 and lost in the SB.
So if you get a top, no questions asked, QB maybe you can defy the lack of OL.

but while you suggest those 2 overcame a lack of OL, we can see dozens of mediocre QBs making their team SB contenders because they have an OL. Note SF.

that and THill is currently no worse in “the big games” than Peyton Manning was his first 5 seasons. not every playoff run has Joe Flacco.

edit: I think we can argue Geno is not really a SB contender.
Even more, their OL clearly improved a 10 year vet that has barely made backup status in any of his stops along the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vrable says we need more speed... trade down and then grab Jahmyr Gibbs... He has game changing speed and is a heck of a reciever... I would love to see Gibbs, Henry, Chig and Burks on the field at the same time.

I'd field calls to trade back. We have several holes even more once we make cuts. Get a couple extra picks if a team wants to trade up.
this should be plan A but robinson never made that known and then cried cause he could not get it done with 5 mins on clock

Best case - Trade down, take your OL in the teens -- and gather another 2nd -- and take a WR and G/T (whichever you didn't take RD 1)

However, any scenario we choose still puts us in a bind, as Mailk and Josh will be only QBs on the roster (that will survive Jun 1st cuts anyway)....

Once we see Free Agency unfold, it will be easier to gauge...

but right now we need -- LT, QB, LG, WR, S, CB.

Best case - Trade down, take your OL in the teens -- and gather another 2nd -- and take a WR and G/T (whichever you didn't take RD 1)

However, any scenario we choose still puts us in a bind, as Mailk and Josh will be only QBs on the roster (that will survive Jun 1st cuts anyway)....

Agree with almost everything, i think Vrabel and new GM are going to roll with Tanny 1 more year though. Not saying they should, but i think for both those guys it makes life alot easier to keep him. New GM didn't trade for or sign Tanny long term, so he's not tied to him if it doesn't work out next year

right now this is wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back