Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
i didnt say they NEVER come from other rounds, my point was that they come from the 1st round OVERWHELMINGLY. let's play the odds here not pretend we are somehow better at picking out late round QBs than others. because we aren't.
Nobody said we are overwhelmingly better at late round QBs. The fact remains it’s a crapshoot regardless. More 1st round QBs don’t meet expectations than do. Just picking one in the 1st doesn’t guarantee anything. If there isn’t a sure-fire guy (as if there ever is) then get an impact player at another position in the first and don’t reach for a guy. I’d rather win like the ‘86 Bears with an unstoppable defense and a slightly above average QB.

Nobody said we are overwhelmingly better at late round QBs. The fact remains it’s a crapshoot regardless. More 1st round QBs don’t meet expectations than do. Just picking one in the 1st doesn’t guarantee anything. If there isn’t a sure-fire guy (as if there ever is) then get an impact player at another position in the first and don’t reach for a guy. I’d rather win like the ‘86 Bears with an unstoppable defense and a slightly above average QB.
yea same strategy as usual, it's worked out so well so far. can't wait for another year of midball.

Outside-Looking-In-boxer-dog-attb-boredpanda.jpg

Depending on free agency, I'm all for trading down and gaining picks this year and another 1st next year when the better quarterback group will be coming out. If we stay put, I would almost bet my left nut we will be drafting a left tackle.

It always sounds that way from year to year. “Next years draft is loaded…” Next year comes and “ This is the worst draft in 30 years.”

I'll say it...this draft class is not loaded lol... theres a few good players, everyone else is going to take falling into the right system.

I'll say it...this draft class is not loaded lol... theres a few good players, everyone else is going to take falling into the right system.
and last year everyone said the exact same thing. 2023 is the good, deep class. and it is. people just do this same dance seemingly every year.

last year was no doubt a terrible qb draft. this years is back to the norm and there are plenty of very good players available at nearly every position. WR seems a little lackluster I'd say but WRs hit so frequently in this age of football that I'm sure many will turn out fine/great.

and last year everyone said the exact same thing. 2023 is the good, deep class. and it is. people just do this same dance seemingly every year.

last year was no doubt a terrible qb draft. this years is back to the norm and there are plenty of very good players available at nearly every position. WR seems a little lackluster I'd say but WRs hit so frequently in this age of football that I'm sure many will turn out fine/great.
It is funny how every single year people say next year is the better draft….until next year is this year.

I've watched a few of the top O-line prospects. I really like Broderick Jones out of Georgia. I know we all would be a little wary of taking another Georgia OT in the 1st after the Isaiah Wilson fiasco, but dude plays tough and his strength stands out. More than likely will be there at 11.

Peter Skorinski would be a great pick if he’s there. I would love for the Titans to get him or Paris Johnson Jr but they may both be gone

Peter Skorinski would be a great pick if he’s there. I would love for the Titans to get him or Paris Johnson Jr but they may both be gone

As an Ohio State fan...... .Buckeye book ends kinda scares me.... Ohio State has had definite problems protecting CJ Stroud last two years --- and now we're prepared to line up Week 1 with HIS bookends?....

I want a playmaker at eleven. If it going to be oline trade down and take one not at eleven. I do not see dominate T in this draft but I bunch of good ones. If the wr from TCU is there would love to pair him with Burks and take T in 2nd round

I want a playmaker at eleven. If it going to be oline trade down and take one not at eleven. I do not see dominate T in this draft but I bunch of good ones. If the wr from TCU is there would love to pair him with Burks and take T in 2nd round
The TCU guy drops too many for me. He feels more like a second rounder than a first. I don’t feel like he is a true top of the draft talent. In fact, don’t love any of this years receivers early.

You guys got me to go back and look at Broderick Jones. They say he maybe best athlete in draft ( whole panda thing made me not look at him), We could trade down and get him late teens or early 20's. I like him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back