Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember after we drafted Burks - I found this guys YouTube channel where he ranks every draftable ‘22 WR. I remember seeing him rank Phillips just ahead of Burks and saying Phillips could be a 2nd round pick due to talent. Thought he was crazy. But after our pick of Phillips I circled back and re-watched lol. Hopefully this really improves our WR core.

Remember after we drafted Burks - I found this guys YouTube channel where he ranks every draftable ‘22 WR. I remember seeing him rank Phillips just ahead of Burks and saying Phillips could be a 2nd round pick due to talent. Thought he was crazy. But after our pick of Phillips I circled back and re-watched lol. Hopefully this really improves our WR core.

Nice breakdown of Philips beginning at 22:30

I love this pick! He was who I was hoping for the most when we went on the clock. He's a perfect slot for us. Reminds me of Adam Humphries.

You guys only looking at 40 times need to watch his tape. Has some serious wiggle to his game and just gets open. He's a chain mover and will be great for us. Will also help on special teams.

I love this pick! He was who I was hoping for the most when we went on the clock. He's a perfect slot for us. Reminds me of Adam Humphries.

You guys only looking at 40 times need to watch his tape. Has some serious wiggle to his game and just gets open. He's a chain mover and will be great for us. Will also help on special teams.
White WR don’t always have to remind people of another white WR.

White WR don’t always have to remind people of another white WR.
I agree that it can be annoying. But what about when they play similarly and have identical athletic profiles?

Both slot guys who win because of quickness/rout running.
Humphries:
5’11 195lbs
4.53 40, 32.5 vert, 122 broad
Philips:
5’11 189lbs
4.58 40, 33.5 vert, 124 broad

also that 40 time was at humphries’ pro day, not the combine.

special teams is a theme, maybe this guy can field a punt and my heart isn't racing like everytime chester rogers went back to field a punt

Bo Melton

618 yards 3 TDs 11.2 avg.

(Should have taken him)

Kyle Phillips

739 yards 10 TDs 12.5 avg.

(Unproductive)

Also 19 ypa returner

Care to elaborate? I don't pretend to know but it looks like Kyle did more in 4 years than Bo did in 5

I'm not a draft person and don't know squat but willing to listen. There's some context I'm sure I must be missing
It’s a fair point. But all I’m saying is I want high upside guys with these late picks. And if you’re going to be unproductive you better be an upper percentile athlete. Melton at least is that.

It’s a fair point. But all I’m saying is I want high upside guys with these late picks. And if you’re going to be unproductive you better be an upper percentile athlete. Melton at least is that.
Like McMath and Breeze, Macdonald, or Luke Falk.

It’s literally a crap shoot come 6th/7th round. We can only hope that a guy like Chris Jackson is picked. That’s not even some high bar, but among the last couple years across the NFL, he’s probably among the best, a marginal depth CB.
There’s better for sure, but few and far in between and can never be considered a real expectation.

This dude is going to outperform his draft position for sure. He's got good hands, great feet, good speed and great route running. Another guy that will put pressure on the wrs day one. And Bobby trees seems like the right vet to help out all these young guys too.

This dude is going to outperform his draft position for sure. He's got good hands, great feet, good speed and great route running. Another guy that will put pressure on the wrs day one. And Bobby trees seems like the right vet to help out all these young guys too.

I dunno about Phillips speed. Everything else looks good.

Only potential problem I see... Burks was mainly used in the slot. Philips is clearly a slot guy. Hopefully burks learns the outside game fast.

I dunno about Phillips speed. Everything else looks good.

Only potential problem I see... Burks was mainly used in the slot. Philips is clearly a slot guy. Hopefully burks learns the outside game fast.

Burks can learn the outside game. Run a 15 yard in route off a PA pass from Tannehill lol that’s the bulk of Brown’s big plays here

Burks can learn the outside game. Run a 15 yard in route off a PA pass from Tannehill lol that’s the bulk of Brown’s big plays here

Oh of course he can. It's a question of how quickly?

We need him productive week one. If he isn't, and let's say woods isn't fully back from the knee, we could be in big trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back