Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like screen passes? Have the Titans ever had a screen go for more than 3 yards? Have they ever stopped a screen from going 15+ yards? Haha
Absolutely. Some were already mentioned and I can think of a couple screens to McNichols that went for 15+ on third down. I can also think of two screens that were absolutely destroyed, one by Simmons and I believe the other was Tart.

Jim Wyatt “It was fifth-round pick Kyle Philips who probably had the most impressive day of all the rookies. The former UCLA receiver made a number of nifty catches, and he also displayed some pretty fancy footwork. During a 7-on-7 period late in the session, Phillips made a spinning catch on a ball thrown by Willis, and he later made a diving catch.”

I see a smaller Cooper Kupp. Though that length and size can make the difference between a solid slot and the most productive WR in the NFL.

I see a smaller Cooper Kupp. Though that length and size can make the difference between a solid slot and the most productive WR in the NFL.
I smaller slot that can disappear on routes will be just fine. He was my favorite pick day one. So far looking good.

Like screen passes? Have the Titans ever had a screen go for more than 3 yards? Have they ever stopped a screen from going 15+ yards? Haha

Many of Derricks receiving touchdowns are screen plays. Jags game to make the playoffs, it was our only TD score I believe. - Browns nail in the coffin was one. Derrick either gets a touchdown, or gets 60 yards downfield (Texans) off those. Should be interesting to see if our retooled OL can continue the success.

And for the defensive aspect --- Todd Gurley's last significant large-scale NFL play was against us on a screen ---- what was it, 70-80 yd TD.

In a WR room consisting of Woods, Burks, Fitzpatrick, McMath, Kinsey, Malone, and our team savior Juwan Green................. I will gladly take a baby Kupp (TM)

Kinsey was supposed to be that from the undrafted side of things, but I fear he's forever the workout/practice warrior.

Would like to see these be our WRs in sept

Outside - Woods, Fitzpatrick
Outside - Burks, Westbrook, Malone
Slot - Phillips, Kinsey.

First two to PS: McMath, Hollister.

In a WR room consisting of Woods, Burks, Fitzpatrick, McMath, Kinsey, Malone, and our team savior Juwan Green................. I will gladly take a baby Kupp (TM)

Kinsey was supposed to be that from the undrafted side of things, but I fear he's forever the workout/practice warrior.

Slot - Phillips, Kinsey.

Agree… pulled for Mr. Algebra last year.. he got his, now let’s move on.

Jim Wyatt “It was fifth-round pick Kyle Philips who probably had the most impressive day of all the rookies. The former UCLA receiver made a number of nifty catches, and he also displayed some pretty fancy footwork. During a 7-on-7 period late in the session, Phillips made a spinning catch on a ball thrown by Willis, and he later made a diving catch.”

Jim Wyatt is the only person in the media world that can make a 3 syllable word like "guys" sound about 6 syllables long.... g-ah-eye-ses-ses-ses

Slot - Phillips, Kinsey.

Everything you said is correct. But this gives me some hope:

Adding Jim Schwartz as well as some personnel additions and changes really made a huge difference to the defense last year. I'm hoping that Tim Kelly will have a similar effect on the offense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything you said is correct. But this gives me some hope:

Adding Jim Schwartz as well as some personnel additions and changes really made a huge difference to the defense last year. I'm hoping that Tim Kelly will have a similar effect on the offense.
We also had 7 new starters on Defense last year. That was an entirely new unit. This year we will have at least 6 new starters on offense. Hopefully they can have as big an impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back