Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was super excited about this selection (trade not withstanding) and I still am. There was a poster or two who didn’t like the selection and used the first day of OTAs as proof of it being a bad pick (anyone heard how christian Watson is doing?). I guess we’ll see.

I was super excited about this selection (trade not withstanding) and I still am. There was a poster or two who didn’t like the selection and used the first day of OTAs as proof of it being a bad pick (anyone heard how christian Watson is doing?). I guess we’ll see.

I hated this prospect after I watched 3 tapes of him, and it was due to taking plays off and having zero interest in blocking.....

And now we know why he takes plays off. - Dude has to requisition air lol...

Even though I hated it, I had a terrible feeling it was gonna be the 'Titan Way' of reaching on 1st round WRs, and that he would end up the pick.

Burks definitely seems to have a lot of great potential. Someone also made the Deebo Samuel comparison due to his ability after the catch and can play a RB-type role. At least, Burks has played against elite competition in college.
We have a potential beast #1 in Burks, an elite route runner veteran in Bobby Trees, and a potential solid slot in Phillips. I am still wondering if we have a speedster to extend the defense, though.

We really don’t have a burner, but we do have a Henry. That can add a step or two on PA

Yeah, we really only need physical and route runners. Which we have.

Woods - Route Runner
Burks - Physical
NWI - Physical
Phillips - Route Runner

behind that, it's:

Fitzpatrick - a wr... lol (jack of all trades, but master at none..)
McMath - Physical
Kinsey - Route Runner

Having to NEED a burner WR just means you have zero confidence in your offensive line and gameplan to hold up.

what is your definition of a burner??? Mcmath ran 4.34 and Kinsey 4.36 in their pre-draft workouts.
Don’t really have one. Cheetah a burner, Jackson comes to mind. Rare speed, but like you say, lot of that errywhere. Guess a burner shows live, but I’ve already taken the stance it doesn’t matter. I’d rather have a semi fast monster outside getting 50/50 balls 11’ feet in the air than speed itself. Most defensive backs are 6’ 185/195. 6’2”/6’4” nice weapon against that. Inches matter- told my lady that, she agreed and left…. :henry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Roto:
First-round WR Treylon Burks has been practicing with the second- and third-string offenses.

Burks has gotten off to a bumpy start in his first NFL offseason, battling conditioning issues in the spring and now lining up wrong and running the wrong routes. He's been repping with the Logan Woodside and Malik Willis units, while Robert Woods, Nick Westbrook-Ihkine, and fellow rookie slot man Kyle Philips have mainly been repping with Ryan Tannehill's group. Burks is supposed to be the Titans' replacement for A.J. Brown, but he's got a long way to go. Of course, things can change quickly, and Burks' talent can vault him up the depth chart fast, but he's not looking like a player worthy of much more than a late-round fantasy flier at the moment.

Yeah, we really only need physical and route runners. Which we have.

Woods - Route Runner
Burks - Physical
NWI - Physical
Phillips - Route Runner

behind that, it's:

Fitzpatrick - a wr... lol (jack of all trades, but master at none..)
McMath - Physical
Kinsey - Route Runner

Having to NEED a burner WR just means you have zero confidence in your offensive line and gameplan to hold up.
Mc Math is a burner but needs to put it all together. Sounds like he has shown improvement in camp. But pardon me if I don’t hold my breath.

Roto:
First-round WR Treylon Burks has been practicing with the second- and third-string offenses.

Burks has gotten off to a bumpy start in his first NFL offseason, battling conditioning issues in the spring and now lining up wrong and running the wrong routes. He's been repping with the Logan Woodside and Malik Willis units, while Robert Woods, Nick Westbrook-Ihkine, and fellow rookie slot man Kyle Philips have mainly been repping with Ryan Tannehill's group. Burks is supposed to be the Titans' replacement for A.J. Brown, but he's got a long way to go. Of course, things can change quickly, and Burks' talent can vault him up the depth chart fast, but he's not looking like a player worthy of much more than a late-round fantasy flier at the moment.
Justin Graver called BS on this. If you read the daily camp reports/tweets, no one else is reporting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back