Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
I guess we need a Vrabel thread now.

If it was the only way to get rid of Todd Downing, would you move on from Vrabel just like Mularkey?

Yes, after this season, if Vrabel wouldn’t be willing to fire Downing’s worthless arse then he should probably go too.

I like Vrabel and think he’s a good coach as far as X’s and O’s, and getting the most out of a subpar, banged up practice squad bunch of players.

But another big part of his job is picking and managing his staff, trainers, coaches, coordinators, etc. And that is one area he’s seem to be weak. From Oline, to strength and conditioning to his coordinators. They pretty much all suck.

If downing seriously came back next year AND got a vote of confidence would you guys even watch?

‘Ohhh I’m a real fan of course we’d watch!

no shut up, seriously … a Titans team with Willis, Daley and Downing … WOULD U WATCH??? :drunk:
View attachment 20342

I hate Downing, but no way I would fire Vrabel this year. JRob put together a terrible roster, especially on offense. Vrabel deserves time to right the ship.

I think the front office loves Vrabel -- but at some point they will put their foot down about Downing....

That being said, I can see Vrabel..... finally... coming to his senses when we're 7-10 and packing our bags for a trip to the senior bowl.

That and as KY said above -- JROB has been p*ssing on our Super Bowl window for years...... 5 things need to happen..

1. Vrabel needs to fire Downing no questions asked.
2. We need to fire everyone in the training room/sports medicine field/strength and conditioning.
3. Sign at least 1 free agent Olinemen. (C, because I feel BJ gonna retire)
4. Draft a LT/ or trade down for picks and your first two picks should be LT and G.
5. Do your best to bring in a bridge QB - a Gardner Minshew would not be terrible, and I believe we could be a very well functioning offense if we had a decent line and him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of you make it seem as if Downing tells Vrabel how the offense is going to work.

Oh, I have no doubt that this is Vrabel's offense to the teeth, just poorly implemented by Downing. My hope is that AAS mandates firing Downing and mandates that Vrabel implement a more modern offense. The latter is one of the things I meant by "among other things."

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes and regardless of downing if he misses the post season.

If he makes it there and somehow gets a W, I’d only fire him if he kept downing.

100% carter has to go as well.

Don’t believe Vrabel has anything to do with the health and conditioning.

If downing seriously came back next year AND got a vote of confidence would you guys even watch?

‘Ohhh I’m a real fan of course we’d watch!

no shut up, seriously … a Titans team with Willis, Daley and Downing … WOULD U WATCH??? :drunk:
View attachment 20342
I've already quit watching this season due to Downing. I'm not watching another game until he's replaced at OC.

Yes. If you preach accountability you have to live it. Vrabel great HC but offense has gone off a precipice under Downing. Same as in Oakland. We need accountability throughout the organization. Not a fraternity of coaches.

I believe Vrabel knows this. He just has no better options at present.

Fire Downing and hire Ryan Day as the OC....if Vrabel can't improve with him as OC, then fire Vrabel and promote Day to HC....assuming he would leave OSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back