Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be pissed if Downing is back, but am not willing to fire Vrabel over it.

I believe the right thing will be done and Downing will be gone.

We are in for a rough rebuilding year, but if done right, we could be back in 2024

Fire Downing and hire Ryan Day as the OC....if Vrabel can't improve with him as OC, then fire Vrabel and promote Day to HC....assuming he would leave OSU
I think the HC of Ohio State coming off a playoff appearance becoming our OC next year is about as likely as us hiring John Madden.

Doesn't matter, this franchise is cursed.

Titans are a small market team, and do very well considering. When the Titans make it to the playoffs, that is our Superbowl. Actual Superbowls will range between 20-50 years. Our year was last year, and was completely blown. Having said that you must know how pissed the "powers to be" are considering the new stadium.

More teams in the NFL are like the Titans than not, so you really have to love the sport, more than just being a bandwagon fan.

It's not a curse, but more of how the NFL works regardless of salary caps.

Vrabel and his antiquated strategy of run first, low scoring, keep it close then hope and pray you win it at the end, conservative when up by a few scores i.e. play prevent offense and defense, has to go, he can GTFO of Nashville.

Hate Downing but like Vrabs. It would suck to see him go... But at this point I'd really considering giving him the ultimatum that it's Downing or everyone, including him.

Hate Downing but like Vrabs. It would suck to see him go... But at this point I'd really considering giving him the ultimatum that it's Downing or everyone, including him.
And I think that's what will come down to again. I think Vrabes would let him go though.

I think the front office loves Vrabel -- but at some point they will put their foot down about Downing....

That being said, I can see Vrabel..... finally... coming to his senses when we're 7-10 and packing our bags for a trip to the senior bowl.

That and as KY said above -- JROB has been p*ssing on our Super Bowl window for years...... 5 things need to happen..

1. Vrabel needs to fire Downing no questions asked.
2. We need to fire everyone in the training room/sports medicine field/strength and conditioning.
3. Sign at least 1 free agent Olinemen. (C, because I feel BJ gonna retire)
4. Draft a LT/ or trade down for picks and your first two picks should be LT and G.
5. Do your best to bring in a bridge QB - a Gardner Minshew would not be terrible, and I believe we could be a very well functioning offense if we had a decent line and him.

I'm on board with this strategy.

Fire Vrabel and replace him with whom?
Aren’t there like 64 coordinators, how ever many former coaches, almost uncountable college or “other league” to pick from.

this “Mike drop” comment doesn’t make sense like if you don’t have a replacement in mind, then Vrabel must be the best available. Nonsense.

he’s got the same issue JRob had in comparison to what AAS uses as a standard, he basically reached his peak.

Vrabel hasn't shown he can rally the troops when adversity shows up.
I wouldn’t necessarily say that, we had a lot of adversity last year and Vrabel was a magician with a bunch of practice squad players. He was able to rally them to a 12-5 season. This year is a different story. Too much to overcome.

I think Vrabel is the coach that can get us to the finish line with a good roster. BUT, he has to get rid of Downing. As well as bunch of other coaches like strength and conditioning, oline, special teams, etc.

And I liked that Kerry Coombs, the secondary coach, Vrabel hired that went back to Ohio. I remember him being a fiery guy. The secondary got a lot more turnovers back when he was here too. Vrabel needs to go back to finding guys like him, and Pees.

If he gets his hat handed to him in the playoffs again, anyone game on Jim Harbaugh coming back to the pros? I think I'd sign off on that one...
Jim Harbaugh would have been a home run a few years ago. He's gonna be 60 next year though. No way he'd leave Michigan to come here though.

That's what's tough about firing Vrabel. We could do a whole lot worse.

I think Vrabel will be approached about the staff especially Downing...he will get a little leeway and see what the roster looks like with a new GM over the next season or two

I hate Downing, but no way I would fire Vrabel this year. JRob put together a terrible roster, especially on offense. Vrabel deserves time to right the ship.
Titans need to start calling out players sitting with nothing burger injuries

( assuming Titans were not in on the scam - which I think they are )

Some of you make it seem as if Downing tells Vrabel how the offense is going to work.
EXACTLY....

firing downing means nothing cause the next dude gonna be a downing clone

sadly new GM would have to hire OC and force Vrable to stay out of the O... NEVER GONNA HAPPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back