Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else worried about Vrabel going to the Texans or Colts if we did fire him? Jim Irsay would scoop him up in a second as he fits their type of team. And Vrabel would love to kick our ass twice a year if we fired him.

Even though it might be time for us to move on, he's good enough to win the division and be a major thorn in your side as an opponent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone else worried about Vrabel going to the Texans or Colts if we did fire him? Jim Irsay would scoop him up in a second as he fits their type of team. And Vrabel would love to kick our ass twice a year if we fired him.

Even though it might be time for us to move on, he's good enough to win the division and be a major thorn in your side as an opponent.
Not worried at all. Would love to kick his ass as payback for all the pain and suffering caused by his stubbornness and arrogance.

Only way I would agree to keep him, is if he hired an offensive guru and LET THE OC RUN IT 100% the way see wants to. We know that ain’t happening, so see you later MV thank you for your time here and what you’ve done, but you’ve hit your ceiling, it’s time to go in a different direction, start fresh.

Vrable is fine... his staff is overall lacking... if he wont upgrade he can kick rocks

EXACTLY....

firing downing means nothing cause the next dude gonna be a downing clone

sadly new GM would have to hire OC and force Vrabel to stay out of the O... NEVER GONNA HAPPEN
I remember everyone wanting to get a oc and Vrabel saying they didn’t have one. Downing gets the job and it still don’t change
Maybe Vrabel wants it the way it is now. But he seems too intelligent to believe that style can work without an elite defense and lacking key folks out or inexperienced on the offense.

draft another QB mid draft ... and keep doing it every draft till one of them looks like they belong in the NFL...

T17 can be QB till someone uproots him. Best QB Titans ever had not named McNair
I agree. Any qb old or new will be ruined with an offensive line that can’t protect

Mr downing,
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your son really sucks at this play calling gig.
I figure if anyone can break this news to him easier than the titans fan base, his dad surely can.
Feel free to let the fans know how he takes the news.

Also, make sure that he has your cell number on speed dial, or at least has the Uber and/or Lyft apps on his phone going forward.

Vrabel isn't all that, he's made way more more poor decisions than good ones since besting Belichick 3 years ago

i wouldn't worry a bit

Vrabel has been stubborn his entire career. He took too long to get Henry in the backfield. He took too long to switch to Tannehill. He took too long to get a new offensive Coordinator. At some point, you must change. I don't want you to blow with the wind each weekend, but after seven hundred three and outs kick the can down the road.
We still run the most archaic offense in the NFL. Never gonna change with block head coaching.

If vrabel would have let la Fleur or art run their offenses rather than forcing his hand, I genuinely believe we may have won a Superbowl.
Wasn’t Art only OC 1 year?
in 2020 that D was historically bad on 3rd down. No chance titans win that year.
2019/2021 were the best chances under Vrabel to date.

We still run the most archaic offense in the NFL. Never gonna change with block head coaching.

I keep seeing this mentioned and with Downing I certainly agree, but, each of his first two OC's were hired away to become head coaches. So the question to me is, are we running an archaic offense or are we running an offense that is best suited to our personnel, ie, solid RB, decent QB, pathetic WRs, and unproven TEs...?

Wasn’t Art only OC 1 year?
in 2020 that D was historically bad on 3rd down. No chance titans win that year.
2019/2021 were the best chances under Vrabel to date.
Two seasons. 19 and 20. 19 we went to the AFC championship, 20 lost to Baltimore in first round and held them to 20 points.

I keep seeing this mentioned and with Downing I certainly agree, but, each of his first two OC's were hired away to become head coaches. So the question to me is, are we running an archaic offense or are we running an offense that is best suited to our personnel, ie, solid RB, decent QB, pathetic WRs, and unproven TEs...?
When we had AJ brown, and paid up for Julio Jones we still ran the ball more than any team in the NFL. So I don't think it's just what's suited to our personnel

Two seasons. 19 and 20. 19 we went to the AFC championship, 20 lost to Baltimore in first round and held them to 20 points.
Held baltimore under 20 points but they pretty much controlled that game.
That was also the game that Vrabel put his gigantic Vag out there on full display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back