Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Well with getting rid of number 2..

It's either Ju Ju, Chris Olave, Garrett Wilson..... or the very JROB thing to do.... Jameson Williams.

And if it's not one of those 4, we're in deep blue state doo doo....

(Also, if it's not Ju Ju you might as well come to terms now with a 1st round exit next year so you aren't let down as rough..... because Tannehill is for sure the only QB on the roster in that case.)

Last edited by a moderator:

It's either Ju Ju, Chris Olave, Garrett Wilson..... or the very JROB thing to do.... Jameson Williams.

(Also, if it's not Ju Ju you might as well come to terms now with a 1st round exit next year so you aren't let down as rough..... because Tannehill is for sure the only QB on the roster in that case.)
I doubt Williamson would be healthy enough to be number 2 next season. If we go in with what we have now, it ain’t gonna be pretty.

Titans having a first round exit next year will have nothing to do with WR, just like Julio Jones made no difference in the exit this year.

I am still hoping we have the opportunity to trade down/out of the first round and boost the WR and TE positions early in the draft. In free agency there aint much we gotta do on defense, would like a new vet CB to replace jenkins thats about it.
So hoping we collect picks and go offense heavy in draft

Edit*- that guy from Arkansas with like the size 6XL hands or whatever would be cool as our WR2

Titans having a first round exit next year will have nothing to do with WR, just like Julio Jones made no difference in the exit this year.

You're right... it'll be on Tannehill, and the fact we didn't do the diligence to get him a WR 2..... and banked on a magical new Khalif Raymond to appear

If we signed Juju and one of the many great WR in the first then Id feel good about or WRs.

Still think we should have given Julio another year

Treylon burks is my guy in the draft, AJ brown clone. I like olave too but doubt he falls.

Juju I'll pass on, there's a reason no one wants him.

Cole Beasley would be nice.

You're right... it'll be on Tannehill, and the fact we didn't do the diligence to get him a WR 2..... and banked on a magical new Khalif Raymond to appear
While I agree on THill needing to perform, he needs to do that regardless who’s on the field.
The offensive scheme is what makes the WR talent irrelevant. Let’s look at the catastrophe that was the Div round. Plays were designed to Rogers with a healthy Brown and Jones. The final play was either designed or forced to NWI.
Having a solid #2 on the field wouldn’t have made a difference.

Nevermind that it’s almost overkill to worry about WR2 and WR3 since we know Henry is probably already on pace to break Jamal Anderson’s single season carries record.

Yeah let’s invest a lot in WR2 again so he can throw into double coverage to NWI with the season and playoffs on the line.

IMO, given the way we play, TE1 is much more important than WR2

While I agree on THill needing to perform, he needs to do that regardless who’s on the field.
The offensive scheme is what makes the WR talent irrelevant. Let’s look at the catastrophe that was the Div round. Plays were designed to Rogers with a healthy Brown and Jones. The final play was either designed or forced to NWI.
Having a solid #2 on the field wouldn’t have made a difference.

Nevermind that it’s almost overkill to worry about WR2 and WR3 since we know Henry is probably already on pace to break Jamal Anderson’s single season carries record.

I mean at that point, we need to load the WR room, and make ZERO of them undrafteds... because it's obvious if they're on the field, then Tannehill is always looking for them in game-ending or 4th down conversion situations lol..

I mean at that point, we need to load the WR room, and make ZERO of them undrafteds... because it's obvious if they're on the field, then Tannehill is always looking for them in game-ending or 4th down conversion situations lol..
It’s hard not to give Downing some “credit” for the lack of WR use even when healthy. Jones appeared healthy and we know brown was in that playoff game, gotta find ways to get them the ball and certainly don’t waste time trying to get the ball to guys that don’t deserve to ever get the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back