Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
St

Still think they might take the Universal off Owens and have Owens and Y2J break up and fight over US belt. Not saying it's good but route I think they might take. They could also put the belt on Braun and have Demon Finn come back and take it from him. That could make Finn huge beating Braun who has looked unbeatable since the brand spilt.
That's what it's looking like they're leaning towards with the US belt. I hope they don't push Braun to the Universal belt. Might be the worst World Champion entering WM since Sid. lol

With the civil suit with Gawker behind him, it looks like WWE is ready to drop the ban on him, put everything in behind them, and welcome Hogan back into the WWE Universe.

Hogan was removed from the official WWE Hall of Fame roster on WWE.com, all traces and references of Hogan were removed from all WWE property, they were having Hogan created characters removed from WWE video game downloadable content, there was thoughts of removing content involving him from WWE Network, they pulled all his merchandise ... basically, erasing him from WWE history.

However, at a press conference to promote this years WrestleMania, Stephanie McMahon mentioned Hogan by name today, and Hogan (as well as his likeness) was used in video and post packages throughout the event. So, the feeling is that he will make a surprise return at WM this year.

With the civil suit with Gawker behind him, it looks like WWE is ready to drop the ban on him, put everything in behind them, and welcome Hogan back into the WWE Universe.

Hogan was removed from the official WWE Hall of Fame roster on WWE.com, all traces and references of Hogan were removed from all WWE property, they were having Hogan created characters removed from WWE video game downloadable content, there was thoughts of removing content involving him from WWE Network, they pulled all his merchandise ... basically, erasing him from WWE history.

However, at a press conference to promote this years WrestleMania, Stephanie McMahon mentioned Hogan by name today, and Hogan (as well as his likeness) was used in video and post packages throughout the event. So, the feeling is that he will make a surprise return at WM this year.
I think the thing Hogan needs to do is just apologize.

I think the thing Hogan needs to do is just apologize.

He has, but said that it's a situation where time heals all wounds. He assumed WWE would require time to distance itself from the tape that got leaked. Especially since they had just released a video game that was essentially a Hull Hogan game with him on the cover and his shirts, figures, and cards inside the packaging ... made them look even worse and more connected to it. I was figuring 5 years or so ... their welcoming is coming way sooner than I though. Glad it is, though ... other than Austin, he's made WWE more money than anyone.

He has, but said that it's a situation where time heals all wounds. He assumed WWE would require time to distance itself from the tape that got leaked. Especially since they had just released a video game that was essentially a Hull Hogan game with him on the cover and his shirts, figures, and cards inside the packaging ... made them look even worse and more connected to it. I was figuring 5 years or so ... their welcoming is coming way sooner than I though. Glad it is, though ... other than Austin, he's made WWE more money than anyone.
Who do you think the headliner for HOF will be this year. I know DDP, Rude, Regal, Christian, and Natural Disasters might go in.

Who do you think the headliner for HOF will be this year. I know DDP, Rude, Regal, Christian, and Natural Disasters might go in.

If I had my way, DDP. Without question. But Vince is notorious for not appreciating anything from other promotions, especially WCW or Smokey Mountain Wrestling. It's why we have to live with Elimination Chamber, instead of the War Games cage match.

If I had my way, DDP. Without question. But Vince is notorious for not appreciating anything from other promotions, especially WCW or Smokey Mountain Wrestling. It's why we have to live with Elimination Chamber, instead of the War Games cage match.
War Games especially the first couple of years was the best!!!!
SMS was a great fed too. I just wished it could have lasted a little longer. But it had some great stuff the four years it ran. If you have a chance Realest check out NWA Smoky Wrestling or CWF Mid Atlantic they are small indies but put on some quality stuff.

Ok2Cc0X.gif

The Sami vs Rollins match might have been the best match on Raw in over a year. ****1/4
Was just about to post the same thing. It was an actual wrestling match ... broke the WWE mold and gave the fans something different, and was actually given enough ring time to do so.

By the way, the Rumble is given an extra hour with a 7pm est start time, then a 2 hour kickoff show starting at 5pm est. That makes it a 6 hour ppv. Lol. Wow.

By the way, the Rumble is given an extra hour with a 7pm est start time, then a 2 hour kickoff show starting at 5pm est. That makes it a 6 hour ppv. Lol. Wow.
They have to add another match to the preshow and main card I can't see how they can stretch a 6 hour PPV with only 5 on main and 1 on the preshow

They have to add another match to the preshow and main card I can't see how they can stretch a 6 hour PPV with only 5 on main and 1 on the preshow
Unless smackdown announces 3 or more matches tonight, the booking for this is extremely one-sided.

2 matches on the preshow ... both Raw matches.

4 matches (outside the rumble) on the ppv ... 3 of them are raw matches.

4 of the 5 raw matches are title matches ... putting every belt on the line, except the US belt.

I'm hoping to see the smackdown tag, women, and ic belt booked tonight.

They've added a 6-woman tag match to kick off the show for Smackdown. lol Bet that one is going to sell a ton of PPV buys. Why is there no IC title match at the Rumble?

Raw outnumbers Smackdown 5 to 2 in number of matches, and they outnumber them in announced participants in the Rumble match 13 to 8.

I'm assuming Smackdown will win the Rumble, since the previous matches are so heavily booked for Raw.

My currently prediction for the Rumble: Wyatt Family is dominating, but either Wyatt or Orton will betray the other and win the Rumble. Which ever one loses, they will win the World Title from Styles in the Elimination Chamber match, then the Wyatt Family will main event WrestleMania.

Can't see how they can stretch 5 matches 4 hours. They must have a lot of filler planned between matches. I think Finn is getting notified on Friday if he is cleared to wrestle again or not. If he can I think he and Angle will be surprise entry's into the Rumble to go along with Joe and Tye. I think they might do a spot where Ellsworth eliminates Braun then gets destroyed afterwards.

Last edited by a moderator:
The NXT takeover on Saturday night might be the weakest one in a long time. The roster has been depleted from past call up's and have not build up enough new stars. The tag and women's divisions are really hurting.

Well, the Rumble will take up 60+ minutes of ring time plus the setup and video package, then the 2 world title matches will take up at least 60 minutes. But that still leaves about 2 hours with 2 matches at the start of the show ... so, there must be a lot of backstage segments planned. I'm guess a lot of short interviews or guys pretending to draw numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back