Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • I can agree with that. The 1999 Royal Rumble will never be topped, and it was the last great Royal Rumble, to me. I don't just mean the Royal Rumble match, but the entire card ... namely, Royal Rumble match and Rock vs Mankind "I Quit" match.

It was the Royal Rumble match with the most storyline involved in it, ever. Austin and Vince were #1 and #2 entrants. Vince put a $100,000 bounty on Austin's head, anyone who eliminates him will collect it. Start to finish, I thought it was the most entertaining that I've seen.
    Read an article that made a lot of sense as to why Vince was so much better than Stephanie and triple h....Vince didn’t take himself as seriously as triple h and you can’t hit Stephanie. Vince was he ultimate company man. Wrote a storyline for himself of his face getting stuffed into rikishis ass as an example

Vince wasn't afraid to do anything for a dollar. haha He made himself the ultimate bad guy, so he knew that meant that he would have to take the most humiliating punishments, in order to give the fans their payoff in the storylines. From rubbing his nose in a 400lb Samoan's butt crack to peeing his pants on national TV to dancing around in a thong and making his butt "do tricks" for fans ... he wasn't above anything to make sure the fans got their money worth.

But most wrestlers will tell you that he wasn't above getting his comeuppance in real life, either. For example, while he done what was right for his company in the Montreal Screw Job, he knew the on a personal/moral level he was wrong, and he went to Bret Hart man-to-man before he left the building and allowed Bret his free shot, that he felt he had coming. He is ruthless on the business end, but he tries to do people right on a person-to-person level.

Speaking of the Montreal Screwjob, could WCW have messed up this booking any worse than they did?

1. They land the hottest free agent in pro wrestling
  2. He get screwed in a very public way infront of his hometown as a goodbye from WWF
  3. It's very real, very raw, and very personal ... and every fan KNOWS it was real, raw, and personal
So, what does WCW do? They have Bret sit at home for a month and a half, then bring him in just before Christmas as a special guest referee for Larry Zbyszko vs Eric Bischoff? What, exactly, were they thinking?

He should've been on Nitro the VERY NEXT night after the screw job shooting on Vince. He could have legitimately came on their TV and called out Vince by name and talked about the screwjob and about how he's so much better than any talent "up North" (because he probably couldn't call out the company by name on air) that they had to cheat and screw him to get their belt off him, because they knew that nobody in that locker room could do it legitimately.

It would have instantly got him over with the WCW fans, it would have instantly put him in the main event/world title picture, it would have made the WCW roster look better and more legitimate than the WWF roster, and it would have all been honest and real. It would've been must-see TV and drive their ratings through the roof. Are you tuning in to see Vince talk in character about how he screwed Bret? Or are you tuning in to see Bret Hart give a legit shoot on Vince and how dirty he is?

I hop when Bryan turns heel he makes a stable with Owens Zayn and the Undisputed era

I wish they would get rid of Bryan. He has no mic skills, that beard is just horrible, how he ever got Brie Bella to marry him is beyond me. I never thought he was a great wrestler either.

Speaking of wives, How did the Undertaker marry Michelle McCool, C M Punk marry A J, and Brock Lesnar had the best of all.. Sable..

I can see Miz and Maryse though.

I wish they would get rid of Bryan. He has no mic skills, that beard is just horrible, how he ever got Brie Bella to marry him is beyond me. I never thought he was a great wrestler either.

Speaking of wives, How did the Undertaker marry Michelle McCool, C M Punk marry A J, and Brock Lesnar had the best of all.. Sable..

Sable's the best of all? haha Brock married an old lady, because he touched himself to her Playboy centerfold as a teenage. :biglaugh:

Sunny > Sable in every way ... looks, wrestling skill, mic skill. :p

Bryan’s another overrated vanilla midget. Pretty bland for my tastes

Bryan’s another overrated vanilla midget. Pretty bland for my tastes

I love the guys in Undisputed era. ADAM COLE BAY BAY. Although I am surprised they're pushing him like they are. I'm bigger than Adam Cole. But he's a good wrestler.

I also love Daniel Bryan too.

But I also have a soft spot for the guy cause he was the nicest/coolest person ever back in the day when I was use to work for Shawn Michaels at his school/territory.

I love the guys in Undisputed era. ADAM COLE BAY BAY. Although I am surprised they're pushing him like they are. I'm bigger than Adam Cole. But he's a good wrestler.

I also love Daniel Bryan too.

But I also have a soft spot for the guy cause he was the nicest/coolest person ever back in the day when I was use to work for Shawn Michaels at his school/territory.
You worked for hbk?!?! He’s my hero next to flair

You worked for hbk?!?! He’s my hero next to flair

Sort of. I did small petty work. He had a wrestling school called TWA in SA.

When I was 13-14, me and my friend use to go all the time and HBK would do commentary with a guy who was a DJ for a radio station called 99.5 KISS. My friend loved that station and would always talk to the guy who did commentary with him.

One day the guy (Kevin Vargas) said that if we showed up a couple hours early, to help set up chairs, banners, and barricades, he would give us free concert tickets/cds/ect. And we would be able to chat it up with the wrestlers and get to meet the special guests prior to the show/intermission.

HBK was cool. Didn't really get to talk to him much as he was usually busy, but he would say "hey, how's it going boys" Shake our hands. I'm sure there long gone, but I hadHBK autographs on their weirdest shit. Like napkins and I think he even signed like a pair pearl jam tickets or some shit lol. I would always tell him the moment I turned 18 I was gonna go to his school. But about 2-3 years later, he went back to the WWF.

But I remember talking to guys like Bryan, he was a lucha guy there named American Dragon. Brian Kendrick when he was Spanky, Lance Cade.

Damn, I just went on youtube and there is actually some videos from it. Was trying to see if I could spot myself but the shit is so 90s and grainy looking lol.

Michelle and aj both leagues above sable imo

Most of the newer female wrestlers are hot. Alexa though she's all right, but Sasha is way better than her..

And though a lot of people might disagree, Out of all the ones out right now, I'd take Charlotte Flair..She has got the longest legs....When ZZ Top performed the song Legs, they were talking about Charlotte and Stacey Keibler..( who actually was married for awhile to George Clooney

Most of the newer female wrestlers are hot. Alexa though she's all right, but Sasha is way better than her..

And though a lot of people might disagree, Out of all the ones out right now, I'd take Charlotte Flair..She has got the longest legs....When ZZ Top performed the song Legs, they were talking about Charlotte and Stacey Keibler..( who actually was married for awhile to George Clooney
Charlotte has no hips that’s why her legs look long lol.

Also Alexa>>>Sasha

I still find it funny a producer from WWE said AJ Lee wouldn't make it cause she wasn't "fuckable."

Which is hilarious, cause I see how some of those writers/producers look. They'd have to pay serious moolah (and I ain't talkin this GoTitans moolah) to get in the sack with girls that hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back